It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres The Old Money? Something I do not get, Help me understand.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by username371

Very educational, thanks for that.

From reading this, I am assuming that maybe the gov. might be doing something good by taking over?

I mean it seems like the gov. is taking over the banking industry, would they then add real value to money and loans (eventually)?

Maybe that's just a very optimistic idea.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The government isn't taking over the banking industry.

The banks took over the government. Now they're just admitting that they're both on the same side.

The government is the enforcement arm of the laws that property owners create. By property I mean essentially all the land, money, raw materials, corporations, and media of a nation. The top banking families in the world own all these things. They need government to make their goals look legitimate under the cover of law.

George Carlin, on the People that "OWN THIS PLACE":

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm just thinking out loud, but what could the gov do to regain control over things?

Maybe it can happen now?

I mean if it ever could happen, wouldn't now be the right time?

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm also wondering where the gov. got all of the money for the trillion dollar banks bail outs?

I know they say it's coming from us via taxes, or that we will be paying for this.

But where did the "real" money come from that they supposedly "pumped" into the banks? (Did they have this money on hand?)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Thats just the thing, the money didnt come out of our pockets, it was printed out of thinair, THEN it was charged to the American public. So basically what they did was pour mud on top of the already existing mud to fix the problem, and are making the American people clean up the mess, but thats a lot of mud, and I dont think that pouring mud on the problem was the right solution(Along with 80 percent of the american people). Do you? (sorry for the run on sentence).

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

They create it. The Federal Reserve writes a check to the Treasury. The Treasury deposits it, and bam! It's new money.

To quote G. Edward Griffin:
When you or I write a check, there must be an account with money in it on which that check is drawn. But when the Federal Reserve writes a check, there is no checking account. There's just a check book!"

Oh, but that doesn't mean the Fed is going to act like they came across that money out of thin air! No! They'll charge interest on it, which we will pay out of our taxes for generations!

The Fed is nothing but a counterfeiting agency made legitimate by bribing lawmakers to make the practice "legal."

[edit on 3-2-2009 by username371]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Now I can see why it's not working (the bail out). I also thought that by printing more money like that the real value of the dollar goes down?

Is this really supposed to work? (I hope it does, but I don't think so.)

Now I'm seeing why people say we should go back to the gold standard, so our money would have real value. But wouldn't that (the gold standard) be bad for banks? I mean they wouldn't be able to rip people off, or it would hard for them to create fake value.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

username371, your first post in this thread is the best thing I have ever read about our current economic situation and I've read the best financial columnists worldwide (on the web)

whoever you are... you are brilliant and thank you immensely for the education

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

When you print money out of thin air, the dollar does lose value because it has nothing to back up that dollar. You know, kind of like you comming into my bank, ask me for a loan, but you have nothing to back that loan, but I give you the money anyways and tack on so much interest because I am not sure if you will be able to pay me back or not. AND, the money that I gave you for your loan, I went to the backroom and printed some up just for you since I didnt have it in the first place. its basic trade principle. And since you cant pay me back(hense why you are getting the loan) the american taxpayers pick up the bill, and you get away with all of that free money.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just thinking about this "bail out" and stimulus packages, etc. And it seems as if it is really over. How can we dig out of this?

It seems as if the gov is just trying to buy time, or keep people from going nuts and rioting.

Was America hijacked and sold out? I don't see how we could fix this. If it can be fixed it would take many years, I mean a generation or two.

Any thoughts? (Wondering if you think it's just "over", as in "game over". And that the gov is just trying to perform tricks to buy time.)

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I'm also wondering where the gov. got all of the money for the trillion dollar banks bail outs?

I know they say it's coming from us via taxes, or that we will be paying for this.

But where did the "real" money come from that they supposedly "pumped" into the banks? (Did they have this money on hand?)

All real wealth comes from labor, period. (This is why it not natural to become a billionaire in one lifetime, one could not possibly produce the labor to create that amount of wealth. Thus it's unearned wealth. Interest wealth is unearned taking)

Right now the US gov is just printing up money out of thin air. Before China, Japan and OPEC were buying our debt to help their export industries

Right now China is the world factory and the western elites want to keep their Asian slaves. When you look back in history the US and UK have loved slavery and slave labor to build their wealth.

Joel Skousen of www.worldaffairsbrief.com... believes the elites are turning their head the other way while allowing China and Russia to build up their arsenals. Notice you hear little of the strategic threat that Russia and China's nukes are to the US, instead we get this whitewash about piss-ant Iran being such a big threat to the US.

According to Joel some time in the next decade, Russia is going to first strike the US with nuclear weapons, and this will be used as the pretext for WWIII and to rally the citizens of the US and other nation to give up sovereignty to the global government.

The US is provoking this attack by being belligerent, and using our lapdog Israel to stir up hatred for us.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by seker2k]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by seker2k]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. the stock market is pretty much a Bernie Madoff scheme, with newer investors paying off newcomers who want to sell, providing the impression there is actual money value to all our investments but only until too many people want to sell. Social security is the same kind of thing, with the current generation paying for benefits received by oldsters and there really is no Fund full of money supporting it.

I was wondering if they were still pretending to borrow money from china so they can insist that we pay interest on it. It sounds like not, so the money is coming out of thin air, diluting the pretend money we already have in circulation.

The current "stimulus" package is nothing but spending with no attempt to stimulate new business or help existing strong businesses. Since it's pretend money that we will also have to pay interest on with pretend money, it can't possibly help us.

I'm confused about what can be done. If we are to pay taxes I think we should have something to say about what they go for, like a menu.

One final thing. War might look like the answer but ever since I found out that WWI was funded by the same bank for both sides (Rothchilds) so they got repaid by both sides, I have been highly suspicious of war (besides the actual deaths). War solves nothing. It puts new people in power who ALWAYS end up doing the same thing--exploiting the masses. There's got to be another way. Can we just say NO THANKS somehow?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seker2k

I understand what you're saying, and agree with the labor/manufacturing point.

I believe that the fact we aren't producing in the US anymore was the first boo-boo. We rely on imported energy, imported goods, etc.

We have become a nation of "live stock", purely consumers. NOW the gov. wants to change that. Where the FU@k have they been? They only ever respond when the sh!t hits the fan.

Too busy living the "good life" none of us will ever know.

But, for Russia to make a "first strike" on the US would mean the end of civilization as we know it know. We would be back in the 1800's, if we are here at all.

Sounds like the guy your referencing is just another scare/fear monger.

But I agree with the labor/manufacturing stuff.

Basically, we were relying on China to keep America going? This is some really weird stuff!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Agreed. It seems as if there really is an artificial value to our dollar. The Fed writes a check to the treasury, however the Fed doesn't really have the cash?

It seems like a colossal fraud has been perpetrated on America.

Trillions of dollars in debt? How do we recover from that?

It seems like the USA has been sold down the river. It's the end of a great reign. (I wish it wasn't).

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
the economy was a "ponzi scheme" that the MAJORITY of credit users and corporations helped create

top topics

<< 1   >>

join