It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Superbowl Commercial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have watched old tv shows on there. They make their money from the adverts
on the episodes they put in.

More viewers, the more people will pay to advertise .

Ama

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by themystic123

It's called "taking the piss"... a bit of fun! Marketing that makes people talk and have a giggle. Politicians aren't the only subjects of satire. So are people - and in this case, paranoid people.

"Oh look at those lousy NWO elitists, rubbing our noses in it. This means it MUST be true!"

Cue: Theremin Music

IRM

Love the sound of that theremin music cue -
I think they are "taking the piss" -
And - I think it's a little creepy.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yes I do Robin. I see that you don't understand how advertising works.

I guess you don't think that Google sells anything or even ATS for that matter. Look around more closely. There are advertisement dollars being spent by the boat loads.

Just because they don't scream at you to pay up front does not mean that you don't end up forking out for those advertising dollars in the long run.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Feb 3 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

These people control almost all the information going over the airwaves, telephones, cable and Internet. Globally.

Anyone notice the tag line, "An Evil Plot to Take Over the World"? Do you know what that means? It isn't a joke for the commercial, you know. It's the company motto.

They are throwing it in your face, how they control almost ALL the media information, and they are making fun of you while doing it.

According to Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...
Hulu is a joint venture of NBC Universal and News Corp, with funding by Providence Equity Partners, which made a USD$100 million equity investment and holds a 10% stake.

en.wikipedia.org...
Providence Equity Partners is a private equity firm headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island that focuses on investments in media and telecommunications. It is one of the largest private investment firms specializing in equity investments in media and communications companies, managing around $21 billion in equity capital.

The following is a list of some of the most significant leveraged buyout and growth capital investments completed by Providence to date:

* VoiceStream Wireless
* Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
* Warner Music Group
* Freedom Communications
* PanAmSat
* AT&T Canada
* eircom
* Ziggo
* NexTag
* Kabel Deutschland
* Telcordia Technologies
* Language Line
* F&W Publications
* USIS
* ProSiebenSat.1 (DE)
* Bresnan Broadband Holdings
* The Phones 4U Group (UK)
* Idea Cellular
* CanalDigitaal (NL)
* TV Vlaanderen (BE) and
* Bell Canada.

Freedom Communications, Inc., . . ., owns more than 75 publications newspapers in the US. . .

Warner Music Group (WMG) is the third-largest of the big four major record labels. . .

The former PanAmSat Corporation. . . was a satellite service provider [operating] a fleet of communications satellites used by the entertainment industry, news agencies, internet service providers, government agencies, and telecommunication companies. . .

Eircom Group plc is the largest telecommunications operator in the Republic of Ireland. . .

Ziggo is the largest cable television company, Internet service provider and Digital TV provider in the Netherlands. . .

Kabel Deutschland was founded in January 1999 by the former German telecom monopolist Deutsche Telekom in order to spin off its entire cable TV business as required by regulatory terms. . . According to IFRS rules, in fiscal 2005 / 2006 revenues amounted to €1.012 billion, the EBITDA amounted to €401.3 million.

US Investigation Services USIS was formerly a US government agency that was privatized in 1996 as an employee owned stock company, now owned by Providence Equity Partners.

ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG is a European media conglomerate, operating commercial television, premium pay channels, radio stations and related print businesses. . . ProSieben bought SBS Broadcasting for the total sum of €3.3 billion. SBS was also owned by Permira/KKR. . .

Idea Cellular is a leading GSM mobile service operator with pan India licenses. With a customer base of over 36 million in 15 service areas, operations are soon expected to start in Orissa and Tamil Nadu-the first steps in providing pan India services covering over 90% of India's telephony potential. . .

Canal Digitaal Satelliet [Netherlands] and it's Belgian cousin TV Vlaanderen Digitaal are owned by Airbridge Investments and Providence Equity Partners. The latter has a controlling majority investment. . .

TV Vlaanderen Digitaal is a provider of digital television via satellite for the Belgian market. . .

Bell Canada currently services over 13 million phone lines. . .

"Things meant to be true are often said in jest." Yeah, it's just a cute commercial making fun of conspiracy theorists.

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

Please include Source Links for external quotes.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I saw it and a big red flag went up. It was funny, but fit TOO many theories and predictions.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Just remember...

It appears to be a spiritual law that they have to tell you what they are going to do to you, before they do it. Even if presented in such a way as you think it is humor, or fiction, or even a lie.

I'm glad someone mentioned that. They're laughin at us in our faces. But it's ok, you can always change the chanell, right?....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-

Just remember...

It appears to be a spiritual law that they have to tell you what they are going to do to you, before they do it. Even if presented in such a way as you think it is humor, or fiction, or even a lie.

I'm glad someone mentioned that. They're laughin at us in our faces. But it's ok, you can always change the chanell, right?....

I don't watch TV. I haven't for over three years now so I was a little tickled that they put that little extra rub in for us TV abandoners. Like a crazed ex-lover they follow you.; by phone, by portable player by computer.

You may have left the city but you are still in the state. Gotcha!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
...I see that you don't understand how advertising works.

The purpose of advertising is to get people to buy goods and/or services.

I guess you don't think that Google sells anything or even ATS for that matter. Look around more closely. There are advertisement dollars being spent by the boat loads.

Really? And you base the assumption that I "don't think that google sells anything" on what?

Just because they don't scream at you to pay up front does not mean that you don't end up forking out for those advertising dollars in the long run.

What the flaming hockey pucks does "don't scream at you to pay up front" have to do with anything?

I iterate my stance again. What product or service does this commercial advertise? Based on this commercial, why should I buy this product/service? What want or need does this product/service fulfill?

The fact of the matter is that NO ONE can tell what this product or service actually IS. The only way to know is to ALREADY know what this product/service is, because you won't learn a single thing from the commercial.

Since the purpose of avertising is to sell goods and services, don't you think it a little odd that they don't even let the consumer know what goods/services are for sale? You don't find that strange at all?

[edit on 3-2-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No I don’t find it strange. I don’t even find it strange that they are open and honest about what they are selling. I guess they are trying to provide truth in advertising.

Now that is novel.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Somewhere an executive at Hulu that is also a subscriber to this website is sitting in his office, reading this thread, and laughing.

You guys are the best.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

Regarding the "spiritual law", it's really part of an occult "formula" that the would-be masters have to fultill in order to complete their take-over plan according to Michael A. Hoffman II (www.revisionisthistory.org) in a paper and video on his deep research into government mind control. It's called "Disclosure of the Method" and to fulfill it they have to tel us exactly how they're messing us ove., And if we don't complain or resist, they consider that as consent, and they are free to continue on with their agenda.

I think the commercial was also illuminati damage control because a great awakening is happening and they're trying to stiffle it by ridicule.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
Somewhere an executive at Hulu that is also a subscriber to this website is sitting in his office, reading this thread, and laughing.

You guys are the best.

Would that be the executive at USIS, or the one who's in charge of acquiring more media corporations.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yes he did. He bought a house in BC, Canada and moved there.

Originally posted by Alxandro
That's what happens to liars.

Baldwin said he was leaving the US if Bush was elected President a few years back.

Well he never left.

Just because you buy a house somewhere doesn't mean you move in permanently, especially if you're a flip-flopping-bloviating actor.

Alec Baldwin insists he never said that he would leave the country if George W. Bush were elected president. The German magazine Focus insists that his wife, Kim Basinger, said in an interview that Baldwin did utter such a promise. Yada yada yada.

What makes the episode interesting is that it has turned into something of a cat fight between New York gossip columnists.

The New York Post's Richard Johnson accuses Mitchell Fink, of the rival Daily News, of being a dupe by backing up Baldwin's denial.

Baldwin, Johnson says, "frantically tried to back off his bombastic promise (to leave the country) with a statement planted yesterday in Mitchell Fink's gullible column."

A bit belatedly, Fink has Baldwin acknowledging that Basinger spoke to Focus. "But my wife and I never said unequivocally that we would leave the country if Bush won. Never," he quotes Baldwin as saying.

snope this

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
...I see that you don't understand how advertising works.

The purpose of advertising is to get people to buy goods and/or services.

Really? And you base the assumption that I "don't think that google sells anything" on what?

What the flaming hockey pucks does "don't scream at you to pay up front" have to do with anything?

I iterate my stance again. What product or service does this commercial advertise? Based on this commercial, why should I buy this product/service? What want or need does this product/service fulfill?

The fact of the matter is that NO ONE can tell what this product or service actually IS. The only way to know is to ALREADY know what this product/service is, because you won't learn a single thing from the commercial.

Since the purpose of avertising is to sell goods and services, don't you think it a little odd that they don't even let the consumer know what goods/services are for sale? You don't find that strange at all?

[edit on 3-2-2009 by sir_chancealot]

I answered each and everyone of your questions but I guess the mod didn't like it so the edited response is what you are left with.

I was civil and on topic with each response. I am sorry if you did not get your answers. Maybe you can ask just the ones you really want the answers to instead of requesting them all in one post.

At least I would be able to answer them without offending anyone or breaking the rules.

One more learning experience on ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One of the companies that owns Hulu works in intelligence gathering and security under contract with the US federal government. Take a look at USIS.

It's either propaganda, surviellance or both.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

As much as I love the conspiracy angle of this subject, the rational side of me thinks that it has a lot more to do with advertising dollars than it has to do with mind control.

In all reality, it could probably argued that it is a combination of the two. In the end though, I think it still comes down to the (formerly)all mighty dollar.

As far as I know, and it seems pretty logically obvious, that MONEY IS MIND CONTROL. It is one of the main ball and chain games or spells of ego. Humans are driven by vision, and compassion.
Money, creates all the corrupt dissonance that earth societies have.
Money is an insult to our capabilities, divine nature, to our supreme understandings, to our greater wisdom and vision. Money takes your vital energy and manifests it into money through your thinking it is real, and in turn, puts all control in the hands of the peddler. Natural order WILL prevail, and monetary systems will inevitably fall. The selfish illogical ego games will be seen for what they are.
Money is vanity optional, and if we deal the cards without it, we will all get along a lot better, and be a lot closer, and understand one another as well as reality quite a bit more.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I loved that commercial, it was hilarious!
I don't know what you are all getting worked up about, any mention of aliens on tv, even if in good fun, and you freak out. I saw the alien part as comedy not some literal statement.

You pplz r so jumpy, jeez

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I thought it was quirky and funny.

Though, I'm a fan of Cthulhu so that's what I thought of most.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join