It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Allowed to become Bankrupt so it can be Sold back to Mexico to begin the NAU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
With all the post's on here about California being fiscally bankrupt as of tomorrow I was wondering if this was engineered or allowed to happen so as to be a launchpad for the North American Union.

www.latimes.com...

I could see that if California was totally bankrupt and without any option but to claim Chapter 11 of sorts it could be broken up into south and north or even smaller sections and sold off to Mexico to repay the debt owed to foreign banks. This could be a significant catalyst to start to blur the lines of nationality officially as its well known California has a very large Hispanic presence and covers more than 35% of the population there.

quickfacts.census.gov...

Might not come to anything but the fact that California is broke could be used as an opportunity for the NAU crowd to pounce and get some serious mileage out of the situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

This is great! So how much will it cost? I would sure like to buy California.

You see, I would like to set up this Libertarian/Anarchocapitalist state to see how marvellously my political ideology would work in reality.

California would be called The Free State of Romppainen. There would be no laws. Just total free enterprise. Of course we would enforce the Ten Commandments, the law of Free Enterprise, and the law of Private Property. But otherwise everything would be just totally Free Enterprise!

It is time to show the world how amazing profits we can make with Anarcho-Capitalism/Libertarianism. This I plan to do with California. After this example everybody will follow. Nobody will want to live in the Orwellian pseudo-communism that is now called "liberal democracy" in the Western countries.

So rejoice, citizens of California. Etsivä Romppainen will be your liberator! That Austrian commie mutant known as the Governator can work as my bodyguard.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Being a SoCal resident, I'm not sure that you understand the nature of the situation here.

California is the single largest contributor to the GDP of the United States. Due to the extremely diverse nature of California's population, resources and industries, it is one of the few states that could secede from the union and not be overtly inconvenienced in the long run.

What you're suggesting requires that TPTB judge the control and reorganization of the population is greater than the financial benefits provided by the state.

I suggest to you, as a resident, that we are far from that place at this time. We knew this was coming for years and there was a plan in place to fix the problems that was derailed by the collapsing US economy. Don't believe the hype the media is feeding about California being broke. It's rough... but not even the gun toting hillbillies we have are up in arms over this.

FU Gray Davis.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
mexico would buy california with what money?

pesos? you are joking right?

one fancy car in LA is worth more than a million pesos,

now, maybe China or Japan would buy it but Mexico? they are more bankrupt than a homeless man

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
it is one of the few states that could secede from the union

actually it can not secede legally, read your state constitution

the only state in the USA that has a legal right to secede and declare independance is Texas, its in the paperwork

when texas became a state part of the deal was that texas can leave any time it wants legally

because Texas was actually a Nation, no other state of the union has this quality

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Wouldn't Ca. fall under the
"too big to fail" criteria and be eligible for 35 billion in TARP funds?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Goooooo Texas!!! (We are way to proud of our states history down here, so much so we actually have to take a class called "Texas History" in school.)

edit:spelling

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It wouldn't bother me if cali was broken up into 2 states, northern and southern cali. It's big enough to do that, and it really is like 2 separate states already, if not more than that. I just really doubt we'll be seeing any decentralization. Would be nice though.

I'll bet there is not a more diverse state in the entire nation. And not just in terms of population, but also in terms of landscape. It has a huge amount of desert in the south, beautiful mountain ranges in the middle, and some of the nicest forests in the north. Not to mention a long coastline. You name it and California pretty much has it.

If it was to be sold, it wouldn't be cheap at all. And Mexico surly can't afford to buy it, and if it was sold, it would be the biggest rip off since the Louisiana Purchase or Alaska Purchase. I'd be more apt to believe Mexico is going BK so that it can be bought by the US.

Personally, I doubt the government of Mexico could even afford to live here for more than a month. This place ain't cheap. I pay over $25,000 a year just in rent alone. And my house is not like super nice or anything. Not a dump either, but in the midwest I could probably by the entire house for under $100,000. Here, it's worth over $600,000 easy. My best friend just spent over 3 million on his house. Not to mention the high amount of taxes.

“California is a garden of Eden, a paradise to live in or see, But believe it or not, you won't find it so hot If you ain't got the do re mi” - Woody Guthrie

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Goooooo Texas!!! (We are way to proud of our states history down here, so much so we actually have to take a class called "Texas History" in school.)

edit:spelling

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I thought all states did that? I had to take a class called Tennessee History when I was a kid living in Nashville.

Which btw, I find funny to this day. Of course, Andrew Jackson came from Tennessee, so we had to learn about him. Never once was it ever mentioned that he killed the central banks or any of that stuff. Instead, we got to learn about the Bell Witch story and that is why he was so famous.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
NAU crowd? huh?

Of course the current financial crisis in California was orchestrated, but not to sell it back to Mexico. That is not ever going to happen. California is the biggest producer (GDP) in the Union. Without California, the US is nothing. Not enough food, not enough fuel, not enough commerce. California's economy is the spine of the Nation's economy.

en.wikipedia.org...

The economy of California is often cited for how it would compare to other countries if California was an independent nation. The statistic quoted varies widely (usually placing California between 7th and 10th)depending on the source, but also depending on the year. [14] The most recent estimates (provided by the CIA's Factbook) put California tenth.

California is too lucrative an asset for the NAU types to sell to Mexico, especially since the NAU types want to cut California's commerce of ports with the NAU Superhighway plan.

The current economic crisis stems more from muscle headed actor deciding to jump into the mix without any experience in government, during a special election for governor that was 'orchestrated' by the ENRON.

Research it before you start theorizing, then you will be educated to the real conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If you were to take his post in context, you can see that he was arguing the economic well being of California seceding, not the legality of it. And while we're at it, your post about Mexican currency is ridiculous. Just because a peso isn't worth as much as the dollar, doesn't mean Mexico doesn't have capital available to it. It takes 90 Yen (Japan) to make 1 USD and only 14.5 pesos. So by your logic, Japan is out of the picture.

Back on topic. Although I think this is an interesting idea, I do not see Mexico paying for a state to bring about the NAU. Why would they make a large purchase like that when they have other things they need to focus their finances on? And if the end result is the NAU, I don't see this occuring in steps, but just one big transition due to some catostrophic situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I would say off hand that the Chinese already owns it, with all the loans from Chinese banks.I think the States will rebel if the NAU is tried on us, we are in the information age, and too many know of the NWO plans.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm confused about California. And I freely admit it.

What happens when a state becomes bankrupt?
Is there any precedent for this situation?

And those discussing the legalities of this or that, you do know that laws can be changed right?
It wouldn't take much to change a law, or enact a new one overriding the last, to allow for anything as long as the need is there. It would just take Obama going to a meeting, convincing everyone how bad the situation is and that the change in law would be needed to prevent *insert bad scenario here* and they'd gladly create the new laws to cover it.

I don't think people are really feeling any change in the US yet. Obviously Californians don't seem to be too worried about this situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I'd be pretty worried if I didn't have a job and depended on that stuff. And I'm keeping an eye out for whats going to happen. It really hasn't been broadly publicized as far as I can tell. I don't watch the news very often, but I haven't seen people really talking about it in general. I don't think they even know to be honest.

I don't even file taxes(still pay them, they kind of force me too), so it's not like I'm expecting a return or anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There seems to be this unifying thought here that California is too big to fail, but imagine for a moment the welfare recipients, pensioners and state employees not getting paid for 1 month.

The IOU system is a joke and really would any of you take an IOU as a form of being paid ?

The system would crumble pretty quickly because nto long the power companies are shutting off their supply because they aren't getting paid and so forth would precipitate quickly into chaos.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I dont think this would happen. But if it were possible...What would happen to all the americans who live in california who dont want to live in mexico? If cali was sold then it would be a part of mexico. I see this as being bad, for one the drug dealers will be right next to oregon, and nevada, allowing them to spread their product even more. For two, the entertainment capital of the world is in california, that is one of the biggest money makers for america, and what would happen after the corrupt mexicans get a hold of hollywood? For 3, the first marine division and countless other military facilities are here. For 4, I would really think this would start a revolution. Think about it, If my government told me that the property my house was on will be sold to the most corrupt country on earth I will not accept that, I would become a man on fire and start killing, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You're kidding me right?

You do know that Mexico barely has any money to sustain their war with the drug cartels right? That's why we're the ones giving them money and training for them to hold off complete lawlessness. So yeah, keep on thinking that the the so called *Powers That Be* have this massive conspiracy to create the north american union, it's the same bunch we've been promised for ages and every time you people have nothing to prove except make up outlandish theories instead of doing something productive with your lives.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Well they have more money than the California Government

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
He is a complacent baby as he whines and begs "why don't they help us"
Well Arnold heres a thought, stand up, face facts, and deal with it.

Is this what we are reduced too, whining and begging for big government to help us. If true, then America is retarded and needs to stand up for itself, face reality and deal with it.

If it was me there, I would be laughing in my chair, as I watched the disconnection of the federated states and I would unite others by creating a new and better example maybe with other "nation" states such as Texus.

Arnold is the product of over a decade of steroid abuse and that is sad.

Maybe if he grew some balls he could make the right decisions and make the act to seperate and cut his loses.

Freedom through unity could be the new motto. If he wanted it.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

top topics

join