It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would there be a way to COMPLETELY wipe out all life on earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
there are no "what ifs". you gotta have a problem before you can have a solution.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
well....life started completely by chance. what if the single bacteria that we all evolved from died? what if inorganic molecules didn't come together to create organic molecules?
whatever happened to "deny ignorance?"

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I hope you're not calling me ignorant.

you say life started by chance- thats your opinion. some people believe in a higher power, or whatever you want to call it. and there is no physical proof that it started by chance.

so that still leaves me asking for a reason to obliterate the earth- and i'm assuming you can't come up with a justifiable reason to do it.

if you can, lets hear it.

if not... then why discuss why to obliterate the earth in the first place?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
I hope you're not calling me ignorant.

you say life started by chance- thats your opinion. some people believe in a higher power, or whatever you want to call it. and there is no physical proof that it started by chance.

so that still leaves me asking for a reason to obliterate the earth- and i'm assuming you can't come up with a justifiable reason to do it.

if you can, lets hear it.

if not... then why discuss why to obliterate the earth in the first place?

This is a discussion forum, we can talk about anything we want besides hackers, sexual positions and how to use drugs.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i agree- but, to pose a reasonable answer to the question "would there be a way to completely wipe out all life on earth?", i'm asking "why would we need to?"

and no one has answered that yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by RANT
If I said mixing a single drop of copper napthenate in any ocean (which may be produced by boiling lead based paint off to a solid then rehydrating with vinegar), then what would ya do? Hmmm, Lex Luther?

I looked up copper napthenate and it is some kind of wood preservative. What is this stuff? How can a single drop of this stuff wipe off all living organisms from the planet? Just curious.

No, I don't think so. It would take a hell of a lot more than a single drop to wipe out all life. Earth does have a way of clensing itself and protecting itself...

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I keep thinking of Babylon 5. What if an alien mutating virus infested all forms of life on Earth and the only way to destroy this virus and prevent it's spread to other planets would be the total annihilation of all life on Earth? This of course assumes that the virus could pose a threat to other starfaring civilizations or to other humans living in space or elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
there are lots of questions in the world that will never be answered (such as the one bobbo is asking, "Y would we need to destroy the earth?") i'm just asking how will we do it if, for whatever reason, we needed to? i don't care y. just how!

and thank you, orion! u just found a good scenario. we all believe that aliens exist, right? so what about this scenario? take that, bobbo! BOOYA!
*silQ does the moon walk. exit stage left*

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wiping out all life on Earth would be easy... the problem is, you guys are talking biology in a situation better left to good ol' physics.

Just split some quarks. Then split the result. Lather, rinse, repeat, until the Apocalypse.

Eventually, you'll wind up with a Strangelet-- a 'particle' of energy that vibrates on a frequency completely foreign to standard three-dimensional physics. Theoretically, it could disrupt the vibrations of other quarks, which would do the same-- you'd start a chain reaction that would take about three hours to obliterate both the Earth and all life on it.

Of course, you could do it the cheap way and create a singularity, a black hole, somewhere in Nevada. That shouldn't take much effort, and would leave a nice-sized hole where the Sol system used to be.

Of course, both of these plans would eventually destroy much more than just Earth... the former would take out the Milky Way galaxy at least, whereas the latter would take a nice chunk out of the surrounding galaxy and probably leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Who says we all believe in Aliens??

and since i've gotten a scenario, now i'm happy. and can ponder some solutions.

moonwalk all you want- just don't invite any little boys over to "the ranch"..if you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
hmmmm....i'm not really a physics guy, xerographer, but i'm pretty sure that ur way works too. plz explain. weill this take out even the biomolecules?

P.S. Bobbo...what goes on in my ranch, stays in my ranch

(in a quagmire voice) awwwwww right. he he. he he.
god i watch way too many cartoons...

jk

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All life on Earth could be destroyed by genetically modified bacteria
I think this planet will suffer by human hands cause Gaia (mother earth) is really teed off. Also engineered microorganisms , by mad scientists have been known to have devestating effects.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AgentGirl]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
what about anti-matter? wouldnt that just delete the equation of matter?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentGirl
All life on Earth could be destroyed by genetically modified bacteria
I think this planet will suffer by human hands cause Gaia (mother earth) is really teed off. Also engineered microorganisms , by mad scientists have been known to have devestating effects.

Well, those bacteria are alive as well. You wouldn't really be killing off all life forever. If the modified bacteria can't evolve to form a stable ecosystem, they die and maybe some new life is formed.

The most difficult life to kill would probably be the chemotrophic bacteria deep in the sea. They don't need light or clean air.

TPL

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
2 words: Gamma Rays, if a star were to Nova 100's of light years away, the Gamma Rays given off would sterilise the Earth quite effectively.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by TPL]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I say nuke the whole darn thing.
only thing that could survive that is cockroaches
then they'd evolve into human form and take our place lmao.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join