It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher accused of having sex with 11-year-old

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Excellent points made on female pedophiles going unnoticed... and how this would be perfectly acceptable if she was a male arab grade school teacher in the middle east.

What has me on the fence with this particular situation is that the relationship went on for aprox 4 years with aprox 40 sexual encounters, some of which occurred at her place. If it wasn't for their age difference, i'd assume they were going steady.

Playing devil's advocate here for a moment; being in grade school can be very boring and frustrating for both a student and teacher... i'm sure their relationship gave them both something to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ince again I ask WHERE IS THE PROOF that this woman was really having an affair with this kid in the first place?

I have no biased against men, I have no biased towards this woman either, if she's proven guilty then she is guilty and what she did was sick... honestly at 32 with a kid you can't go on eHarmony and find someone who I don't know... is older that 18 to date and play with?

But like I said, where are the tapes, the love notes, the used condoms? Give me something, but I won't condemn someone based on here say

My mom is being charged with assault based on some *snip* testimony that she was choked by my mom, which I know for a FACT is not true, so sorry if I can't just as easily hop on the band wagon with the rest of you.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by alien]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

Where is the PROOF when an 11 year old girl claims that a man has been having sex with her? the police jump and drag him across the papers and he is condenmed on here amoungst everywhere even before any court case has happened.

i do remeber the calls for castration for a man arrested - then RELEASED when he was found to be in another country the entire time the girl made it all up , and yet the calls for his death still happpened long after.

reality check - you can`t say on one hand ` hold on your horses sth might be innocent` all because shes a woman , and call for death for MALE pedo`s on the other hand.

[edit on 1/2/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What a dud news article.

Seriously, the only reason that it's being jumped on is that it is an alleged teacher-student crime.

If this was ANY other female and any other 11 year old male child, there would barely be a report about it and if so, it wouldn't be worth a thread in breaking alternative news.

It's a clear case of teacher bashing, as though they're all bad because some of them are. Predators exist in every profession not just teaching.

By the way, I've known a couple of older male friends who grew up in WW2. They were the only men in town, so to speak, while the real men were away fighting. At 13 or so, they had lots and lots of older women (30+) lusting after them... Granted, it's not common and probably not advisable, but try and tell them that they were abused when they were younger. No way. To them, they had the pick of ALL the older girls in town and they LOVED it. They used to tell 'new' ladies that they were virgins, so they were extra willing to please them.

You don't necessarily know what goes on in every case. Abuse is relative, in some ways. Don't think that I am condoning this as being normal, I'm only stating an opposing point of view that I know of.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
One of the `hidden` crimes - the amount of women pedofiles is totally shocking and disgusting , there is parity with men that prey on children - but the media doesn`t want to show that , it takes alot of digging to find the real truth that women prey on children for sex just as often as men

This very thing has been bothering me.
It has been in the news a lot lately.
Have we been blind to the idea that women are just as likely to have an attraction to this type of behavior?
Not bashing women-just pointing out that the ratio of abberant personalities are going to be the same in both sexes. Why haven't we seen it before now?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
Excellent points made on female pedophiles going unnoticed... and how this would be perfectly acceptable if she was a male arab grade school teacher in the middle east.

What has me on the fence with this particular situation is that the relationship went on for aprox 4 years with aprox 40 sexual encounters, some of which occurred at her place. If it wasn't for their age difference, i'd assume they were going steady.

Playing devil's advocate here for a moment; being in grade school can be very boring and frustrating for both a student and teacher... i'm sure their relationship gave them both something to look forward to.

I graduated high school in the very early 90s. When I was in 9th grade, age 14, I had sex with a family friend. She was 23. We had a relationship for more than a year.

Was it rape? I'm not sure about that. Did it effect my long term emotional health? I think so. I am now married to an older woman and I think it is in large part due to my early exposure to sex and the fact that it matured me very fast! Too fast!

Now had I been 17 or 18, I don't think it would have had the same negative effects. But I was barely 14! She initiated the relationship. She was married to an older man. I think he was 32 or 33 and I think she had boundary issues herself because she was 17 when they married and had been dating for a couple of years before that.

Was she a pedophile? No, was it wrong of her? Oh heck yes!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Where is the PROOF when an 11 year old girl claims that a man has been having sex with her? the police jump and drag him across the papers and he is condenmed on here amoungst everywhere even before any court case has happened.

i do remeber the calls for castration for a man arrested - then RELEASED when he was found to be in another country the entire time the girl made it all up , and yet the calls for his death still happpened long after.

reality check - you can`t say on one hand ` hold on your horses sth might be innocent` all because shes a woman , and call for death for MALE pedo`s on the other hand.

[edit on 1/2/09 by Harlequin]

I know how the system works regarding rapists, I've unfortunately had several experiences that forced me to be familiar with the system. I'd say look for the proof for the men as well, for all you know some 23 year old dude was boinging his 16 year old girlfriend and the parents tripped out on him. I'd be saying the same thing if this were a man and the victim a little girl.

I've also seen lives destroyed by the false allegations of many many "victims". Hell when I was in the process of pressing charges you know what I was thinking? How sorry I feel for the guy because his life is over for the most part, I was getting yelled at by my mom because I was seriously sympathizes with a man who legitametly hurt me.

Sex should have nothing to do with justice that needs to be served, and personally, I think everyone is a little biased towards women who comit crimes BECAUSE of their sex. It works both ways here.

I agree with your last statement, but doesn't really apply to me because I'm not trying to save her from burning at the stakes nor am I throwing the men down a hole with alligators.

-JR

[edit on 1-2-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
nothing like this ever happened to me when i wanted it to.. no matter how much i wished for the sexy teachers to want me....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

im sure you don`t want pity , and im glad you `pulled through` and made it to the light at the end of the tunnel

btw a good film is `no child of mine` - a disturbing folm , about how a mother can do things.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
If this was a girl no one would discuss anything, theyd be screaming for the death penalty. I dont understand how vagina is more valuable than penis.

No, I suppose you don't understand. The difference is when a little girl is raped it often involves blood, extreme pain, tearing, and sometimes even death when their insides are ruptured.

Unless the teacher used the handle of a broomstick on the boy his injuries are psychological, not physical. If this is true the teacher committed a serious crime and should be prosecuted. But I would bet the kid thought it was "fun" at the time, and didn't end up with physically brutalized.

But I suppose in the brave new PC world both genders are exactly alike huh? Right. Soon guys will start birthing babies and prove the fact that gender is simply an illusion.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I guess not everyone does searchs for aditional resources. People posting news stories always should. Otherwise, you miss information or something to validate your original source.

So I did.

www.foxnews.com...
Teacher on Bond After Accused of Sex With 11-Year-Old
LAURENS, S.C. — A former fifth-grade teacher accused of having sex with her 11-year-old student was ordered held on $100,000 bond Saturday.

Prosecutors had wanted Wendie A. Schweikert, 36, jailed without bond, saying she was a danger to the community and a flight risk.

Schweikert was arrested Friday on two counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor after the boy's mother accused the teacher of having sex with him at school at least twice, authorities said.

Schweikert, who resigned from her job at E.B. Morse Elementary School on Friday, did not speak during the hearing, and did not have an attorney. The boy's mother tried to tell the judge how shaken her son was, but was choked back by tears.

The boy "wanted his mother to tell the court he was scared," prosecutor Jerry Peace said. "He is terrified that the defendant will get out on bond."

www.usatoday.com...
Teacher accused of sex with student held on bond
The teacher admitted to having sex with the boy in a statement, Morse said.

Schweikert, who resigned from her job at E.B. Morse Elementary School on Friday, did not speak during the hearing and did not have an attorney.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by inked up]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's interesting. My BF's first sexual experience was when he was 11 - with his 19 year old baby sitter. he doesn't consider it abuse even though technically it was.

Had it been a male teacher and a female student all hell would break loose. Bottom line is that 11 is WAY too young, male or female.

he may have been a "mature boy" (I laughed when I typed that) but as an adult the teacher had an obligation to keep the boy safe and from potential harm.

Psychologically I am guessing that the way society views males that this lad will be quite fine. Had it been a male teacher with a male child=trauma, a male teacher with a female child=trauma.

It's a prevalent thought on most 11 year old boy's minds...providing he wasn't physically injured he will likely adopt societies views and it will become one of many future notches in the proverbial belt. Even though he's told he's a victim...he wasn't physically harmed and got to do the one thing that most 11 year old boys fantasize about...(no not becoming a super hero - the OTHER fantasy...) edited to add: if the teacher was "unpleasant, or ugly or otherwise not attractive" to the boy it may result in trauma)

Seriously...my friend with a teen son was reading about this and her son asked what she talking about...when she told him all he said was "luuuuucky" with a huge grin.

It is very odd to me and more than a little disturbing that male children clearly don't get the same level of care and protection that female children do. Society sets them apart mentally, physically and sexually at very young ages.

Sad really. My BF insists his pre pubescent tryst with his older babysitter was "pretty damn cool"... she was apparently "hot"...he's not a good victim anyway.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by justgeneric]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
California ....What a place....Honestly why the heck are these teachers raping kids it is beyond weird when Woman have to turn to 10 year old to get sex.

It's just odd.

But you know what, I think that if you rape an 11 year old you probably are an evil person.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It looks like the majority of female pedophiles are teachers, not looking good for the educational system. Is this from a lack of back ground investigation, or are these cougar like predators, just using the system as a stalking ground?

In any case, some thing needs to be done and further looked into on these cases, as they are becoming more frequent.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It looks like the majority of female pedophiles are teachers, not looking good for the educational system. Is this from a lack of back ground investigation, or are these cougar like predators, just using the system as a stalking ground?

In any case, some thing needs to be done and further looked into on these cases, as they are becoming more frequent.

yea I think women see it as such easy access and teachers are usually so trusted in the community and what not.

you know, in a lot of ways, you think of Women as the ultimate and best place for a child. Like, you trust women to watch over and nurture children.

what do you make of this.

How do you resolve this?

I find it really scary and a sign of true evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

and you support this? you sick pedofile.

That comment was WAY over the line!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

They are no better than their male counter parts, a sexual predator is an abomination to society.

More often than not, they prove to be repeat offenders. This is why there are tracking systems and alert rosters for neighborhoods and county districts. Perhaps some one should declare the crime an act of terror against child innocence.

Maybe then it will be seen as a more serious threat.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by ConservativeJack

They are no better than their male counter parts, a sexual predator is an abomination to society.

More often than not, they prove to be repeat offenders. This is why there are tracking systems and alert rosters for neighborhoods and county districts. Perhaps some one should declare the crime an act of terror against child innocence.

Maybe then it will be seen as a more serious threat.

I agree with you. It seems to be that this problem is being swept under the rug by the mainstream media.

Like, they do the 20-20 catch-a-predator show, how about ONE program on recent teachers convicted of molestation.

Let's put some heat on them.

Something more should be done than is currently being done. Whether that means putting these teachers through more screening/lie detector tests/

Cameras in the room at all times?

Transparency in the class room.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

NO you are way over the line with your sick # - you think that raping a male child is of little importance compared to the *insert disgusting descriptve langauge* of rape of a female child

ALL child rape is disgusting , neither is of more impartance than the other as both are heinious , and your are the problem with belittling male victims of this disgusting acts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join