It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher accused of having sex with 11-year-old

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

California teacher accused of having sex with 11-year-old

www.counton2.com

A 32-year-old elementary school teacher is accused of starting a sexual relationship with a boy who was in her sixth grade class.

Police say now, four years later, the child has come forward with details of the relationship.

Carmina Lopez faces multiple counts of lewd acts with a child after an alleged relationship with her former 6th grade student.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Oh wow, I thought enough people went down for this exact thing alredy that people would know better by now?

Well, I guess not. This case involves a LOT more charges than usual for this type of case??

--
Lopez faces a litany of criminal charges including 40 counts of lewd act with a child, 40 counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, continuous sexual abuse of a child, aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14 years of age, sexual battery, cruelty to a child, annoying or molesting a child under 18 years of age and 11 counts of failure to report child abuse when you are a mandated reporter.
--

www.counton2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yeah flagged this for you because it highlights the horrors of child sex abuse.
But the source I think is a little messed up.
WTF is couton?
Even though we don't usually trust mainstream media sources.
Some free press would cover this if it was true surely?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Yeah flagged this for you because it highlights the horrors of child sex abuse.
But the source I think is a little messed up.
WTF is couton?
Even though we don't usually trust mainstream media sources.
Some free press would cover this if it was true surely?

You are right about child abuse! I think that stuff will get a lot more rampant as the economy gets worse. To be honest, I think the welfare agencies in general have not had the funds to keep up with the needs.
Several of the divorced dads I know have had a hard time getting ahold of their case worker, to follow up on their concerns of their kids...
In a way this makes me happy because hopefully it will reduce the needless harassment of good parents that they are notorious of.
-But obviously they will miss the kids that really are in danger.

As for the source, it was NEWLY listed at Google News... I never heard of this site either.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is shocking but sadly it happens here in England also. I have recently experienced a similar situation at my work. I work with vulnerable adults in a hospital. A colleague has been suspended after being caught having sex with a mentally ill patient . She was arrested and now is on police bail. Nothing has been reported in the newspapers as yet. I am sure she will go to prison for this under the sexual offences act and she will also be put on the sex offenders register. This is not the first time this has happened at my work. This speaks volumes at how unsuitable some staff are, but the problem is if there is a history of this type of behaviour, it show up on Criminal Record bureau checks but quite often it is a first offence.
I can't believe some people would risk their job, their reputation, their freedom and their future by engaging in abusive behaviour.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo girl
I can't believe some people would risk their job, their reputation, their freedom and their future by engaging in abusive behaviour.

Right there you say it ALL. I have wondered the same thing about people who end up on the news for this stuff.

Truly when you break the law so blatantly, the rest of your life IS ruined. Honestly, I think people get excited at the huge risk factor, knowing it is a taboo, a big no-no.

But, who in the world has such little disregard for others that they take advantage of people that sincerely trust and depend on them?? SICK

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
One of the `hidden` crimes - the amount of women pedofiles is totally shocking and disgusting , there is parity with men that prey on children - but the media doesn`t want to show that , it takes alot of digging to find the real truth that women prey on children for sex just as often as men

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I find this disgusting. An 11 yr old boy?

Awful.

I think that the number of female paedophiles is higher than we all think. It's not taken seriously enough.

I cant understand why any woman would want to do that to a young boy?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Too bad, if she had been male, Muslim and Arab, the victim female and this happened in the Middle East, this would have been totally acceptable.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why oh why do guys want to have sex with kids? It blows my mind! Sure I've seen some 19 & 20 year olds that I find attractive (I am mid 30s) but I ain't never seen a little kid I found attractive.

I have to agree with this worsening with the economy. A lot of scumbags will turnout their own daughters to make a few bucks. Worthless SOBs.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Too bad, if she had been male, Muslim and Arab, the victim female and this happened in the Middle East, this would have been totally acceptable.

You sound like Biased and racist to me

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

this is a WOMAN that had sex with a little boy.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is no mention that she has been found guilty of these crimes. Most news sources wouldn't touch this with a barge pole until after its been to trial as you risk dragging a possibly innocent womans name through the mud.

I'm not saying either way, but this woman could be the victim here.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kundalini

but the same news sources have no problem at all with dragging a MAN`s name through the mud when it comes to suspicion huh.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
She should have tasered him, then all kinds of people would come to her defense.

Incidentally, where were these kind of women when i was growing up? All we had were perverted male gym teachers who loved to watch us shower(luckily i was skinny enough to hide in a locker and avoid years of costly therapy).

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

“I think it’s sad that someone can say anything about a person and your character is tarnished,” said Nicole Williams. “We support her. I want her to know that.”

quoted from the article

couton is Count On as in Count On 2 not couton

Anywho, I agree with the parent statement here, there is no proof of anything actually happening yet people are so quick to jump on the bus.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If this was a girl no one would discuss anything, theyd be screaming for the death penalty. I dont understand how vagina is more valuable than penis.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Odd that you only ever hear people talk about male pedophiles, but in almost every teacher-student sex scandal that gets publicity it's a female teacher with a male student.

It makes me wonder why the big bias against men?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That poor Lad,

at 11 he may not even of gone through Puberty.

How is he ever going to have a relationship with women of his age now 15 or 16.

His whole teenage years and from before have been based on a secret, having to lie, and being very confused.

He was denied the normal experience of growing in his sexual experiences with his peers, learning how to be with a girl of his own age.

I doubt looking at this with her Power and authority over him he will ever feel sexually confident and dominant as is the norm in a sexual relationship being a man.

God bless him will probably be like the bankers and whizz kids who cant take the power of work, and pay to dress up as babies, and get humiliated when older.

A gimp mask buyer in the making IMHO.

She should be Tasered, Have her clitoris removed and locked up with the rest of the scum.

Oh sorry the last line above a parody of double standards in modern culture.

ufogirl, tell any of your mates who have not done this, I am sane and no problem of loosing their job with me, drive to

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This always happens a couple times a year.
I'm not sure how it counts as alternative news or a conspiracy or anything.

Usually happens more towards the spring, though, but yeah it's fairly common to hear stories like this on MSM.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join