It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since many ATS posters are soooo against spreading FEAR... Let us explore it instead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
WELCOME!!! TO THE CHAMBER OF FEAR!!!

Hip Hop music... you are so afraid.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
my grandma says if you think that crap is cool your smoking dave rabbits dick too much. and that johnny anonymous should not be such a tight wad and leave area 51 alone.

Rofl

Seriously mate, I would really tone down that kind of language. You've been warned and now you're crusing for a ban...

[edit on 31/1/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Whoa, not sure what I missed... But, drama is always fun when it's someone else's.

Err... Fear, huh?

My next door neighbours are new parents. 19 year old mom and her 24 year old dude.

Everytime I come walking up the stairs, she opens her door to stare at me. She is paranoid as hell, and I have no idea why.

Why are Americans so fearful, of each other even? We are directing our fear and anger in the wrong direction. It feels wrong that we are so paranoid about each other. I don't care if we are different, we are all Americans.
Of course those here that are NOT Americans... I can understand some resentment and fear being directed at criminals.

STOP FEARING EACH OTHER. My god, someone needs to give my neighbour a show or something. Apparently stopping in your tracks and staring back doesn't put her off from swinging the door open to stare every damn time. I don't know what she expects to see.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Dude, you're scaring me!

Seriously though, if your neighbor was scared you were a criminal I don't think she would open the door. She would be in there looking through the peephole or rocking back and forth in a corner.

Does the dude work? Maybe she is looking for a conversation. Ask her how she's doing or how the baby's doing. Her reaction will probably give a better clue to what her deal is.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Fear is interesting.
Fear is the reaction that makes us realize that something is wrong.
Sometimes it is out of kilter in people with phobias or an overblown sense of invincibility. Usually it is right on the money.
Unfortunately, if the fear we experience is not an immediate threat, the reaction is to do nothing or even to make things worse by ignoring the signs or killing the messenger.

Applicable case.
3 months ago I told 2 people I work with to get resumes ready and find jobs at a better company, quick.
Why? because I work in another section where I can see the weasels at work and the writing on the wall. I told them that they were going to have their hours cut drastically over a company merger and that they would likely not be able to find work as easily later.
One of them laughed at me. The other got angry because I was just trying to "make them worry."
Yesterday they got the news. No overtime any more, moving to a new office which would add an hour a day to already long commutes and the possibility that they would be 'downsized' because the merging company had people that could be used to replace them with less cost and benefits.
One of them asked me "Why didn't you tell me?"
I had, but fear kept them from believing.

You can accuse somebody of fearmongering but if he sees something you don't see and it ends up being true, who is at fault?
You or the fear mongerer?

Face your fears.

new topics

top topics

join