It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a New World Order: PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Time for a New World Order: PM

www.smh.com.au

KEVIN RUDD has denounced the unfettered capitalism of the past three decades and called for a new era of "social capitalism" in which government intervention and regulation feature heavily.

In an essay to be published next week, the Prime Minister is scathing of the neo-liberals who began refashioning the market system in the 1970s, and ultimately brought about the global financial crisis.

"The time has come, off the back of the current crisis, to proclaim that the great neo-liberal experiment of the past 30 years has failed, that the emperor has no clothes," he writes of those who placed their faith in the corrective powers of the market.

"Neo-liberalism and the free-market fundamentalism it has produced has been revealed as little more than personal greed dressed up as an economic philosophy. And, ironically, it now falls to social democracy to prevent liberal capitalism from cannibalising itself."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I find it interesting that several prominent world leaders have mentioned the development of a single world government over the last few months. I've read many other threads here on ATS since I joined, that leads me to suspect that this world economic crisis has been largely manufactured on purpose in order to bring about a world government. The timing of these and other comments seem to also add more weight to such theories.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Novastar824]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You know, it is bound to happen sooner or later. Both an Orwellian society and an Age-of-Aquarius Utopia exist with a one united government of Earth. We are headed towards one of two directions. It's the next chapter of human history.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Novastar824
[KEVIN RUDD has denounced the unfettered capitalism of the past three decades and called for a new era of "social capitalism" in which government intervention and regulation feature heavily.]

Work camps, bio chips, forced relocations of children into government sponsored schools, anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Doubtful.

But interesting times, nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
if history has taught me anything it is that oligarchies never last... you would think people learn that these World governments are just stupid!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Rudd provides a very significant self contradiction in this very article. He blames the failures of the current economic climate on certain oligarchical elements in the neoliberal movement advocating free market fundamentalism. This is political baiting. We have living proof that Rudd is a dumb bigot. He just invented his own definition of capitalism. He attempts to convince his Parliament that that's what the Americans are guilty of being, and then goes on to attack his own self positioned argument so that it would appear he was actually fighting for something fundamentally more important than his own self deluded reality. Why is social capitalism a best response to neoliberal economics? What about real capitalism? Why is everyone being so funny?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to see an uprising of government activity in every-day citizen life.

It's more than likely coming. Expect kerfues, computers that scan your retna at stop lights, etc. Not to mention the scannable tattoos that could be implemented.

It goes on and on.

Just get ready, cos it could happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Social Capitalism

Social capitalism divides the concept of economy into two tiers: A participatory group of society working functionally in an upper economy (Tier-One) and an underlying economy of dependent poor communities elements(Tier-Two). Tier-One generally comprises the upper and middle classes while Tier-Two represents many low wage workers, impoverished persons. Social capitalism posits that providing Tier-Two with the means to participate in the market would discourage Tier Two from completely dropping out of the system, hence, causing major disruptions to the market. A larger and more inclusive market is a more efficient and more stable market.

This is what Obama has meant by change. If you actually listen to what the man says you can see that this is where we are heading. How coincidental that Obama with his ideas of change are exactly what everyone that lives on the backs of the common tax payer wants and needs. For those that may think this already exists, I just want to point out that the middle class is dead and the upper class is so up they are out of sight of the poor. Economic leveling is the name of the new game.

BTW, isn't Kevin Rudd the guy that ate his ear wax?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A new world order to address the world financial crises seems a little over the top. I mean whenever NWO is mentioned, visions of Orwellian proportions springs to mind.

Anyway the PM is just stating the obvious by denouncing the unfettered capitalism in favor of a new social capitalism, which is basically a regulated form of capitalism.

Originally posted by A NeWorlDisorder
BTW, isn't Kevin Rudd the guy that ate his ear wax?

That's the one.

Of course KRudd denies eating the wax, he was merely scratching.... lol

top topics

join