It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rights and Self Defense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My wife and I have been gun shopping lately. We're no rednecks but would like to have a few weapons around for home defense. I have purchased an M4 style assault weapon and it's a cool little gun. The thing is that when I went to the local gunshop to take a look at 'em and even though I'm a law abiding citizen with no problems having a background check done...for some insane reason I myself felt like a criminal for even considering a gun of that type. How insane is that?

The M4 is an intimidating weapon and the best defense in my book is the look of the weapon is maybe scary enough let alone shooting someone with it. But still I felt uncomfortable talking to the gunsmith about it...go figger.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You will need to look at your State, County, and City laws. If you really want to know, go see a lawyer or talk to your Police Department, but don't say anything about carrying a weapon.

Carrying the razor in itself is not a weapon. It is just a razor. It is your intended use of the razor that makes it a weapon or not a weapon.

A rock lying on the ground is just a rock, but if you pick up the rock with the intention of hurting someone with the rock, then it becomes a weapon.

Here in Arizona, we can open carry. Gun in holster and exposed.

Remember for deadly force to be authorized, 3 things must be present.

(In your case Self Defense)

Opportunity, intent, and capability.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
just make you own musket, getting a gun at the store will get you put on the FEMA list. For walking around you can build a grenade filled with paintballs just chuck it at them. The inital blow will knock them out and the spray of paint balls afterwards will make it easy for the cops to find them

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just carry one of these products for protection.
Excellent product and can be used against an assailant at a considerable range of 13 feet.

www.pepperblaster.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
CAUTION some people are allergic to pepper spray. If you killed him with it you could get a man slaughter charge, as funny as that would be i would not recomend it. You can get a spray bottle and make a mix of urine and feces. It will not hurt them but it would send them running. My friend Dr.Rufus showed me how to works, he used it on some people walking down the street. They kept throwing up and trying to run away.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I can't think of any states in the union where that would be illegal. I know that in CO the blade must be 3.9" or shorter while inside any city limits. but I would advise you not really on tasers or mace as a defense. they are simply pain products. the point is to make the perp not want to engage you further. but I've seen pepper sprey just piss a guy off. response? had me and my brothers not stepped in he may have killed the man he was beating. fortunately for the victim, we are from a right wing military family and all have concealed carry permits and were able to place the man under citizens arrest.

so I think you should look into a CCP (concealed carry permit) and some basic hand gun tactics courses. a boot knife or other hidden blade is often a good idea as well. make sure you fully understand the laws in your area. talk to your local DA or something.

I've lived in a bad town all my life and I know how to deal with these guys. be the guy who's always lookin round at stuff. don't make circles to check behind you. just turn around. if they rush you, draw down on em and if they try to produce fire arms put them down. learn your anatomy too. try to get good at fast and accurate shooting so you can stop them without killing them. it's always better for everyone if they live. also, try to scare em with this face.
but seriously. fear can work better then any can of mace. the best of luck to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join