It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting (w/ video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Alright guys, I know I might get flamed for posting a UFO video on my first day on here, I know what it looks like, but I can swear this is genuine.
About two years ago at around midnight, me and a friend had returned from a concert. We got onto my driveway when we saw the lights in the sky. They were about as bright as stars appear in the night sky, sliently drifting overhead. They mostly stayed in the position in the video, one main triangle of three lights, with one light behind and one ahead, but sometimes changed position.
The next day the local paper dismissed the lights as chinese lanterns. I recognise this as a reasonable explanation, apart from the fact that they mostly stayed in a rigid formation, with some lights moving in a smooth aircraft-like fashion.
Now here's the video, I'm sorry about how bloody annoying my 13 year old (at the time) voice is, you might want to mute it

s157.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
ver interesting.
Thank you for posting it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Seems like a good sighting buddy.

However, anything that doesn't dart from side to side of the sky usually will be dismissed as chinese lanterns, especially when Phage makes his round though here.

If you're saying it moved in formation, than I'd believe it was a UFO to.

However, I have to admit that this video isn't convincing. Most aren't.

Good luck, and hopefully what you saw was a UFO.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah I know, the video is terrible quality

I can't find the article online, if I do I'll update.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harryallard

This seems like a pretty cool video if it is real.
I wish the footage was of better quality but here are some stills:

The main 'triangle'

The light at the 'rear'

The two lights at the 'front'

And my impression of what the whole scene looked like...

When the guy says another light is appearing, how did this look? Did it drift in or give the impression of slowly lighting up?

Were they all stationary? If not did they move independently?

What happened to the lights? Did they fade out or move on?

Am I correct in thinking you are Luton/Milton Keynes way? If so this article could be interesting:
www.lutontoday.co.uk...

Since last week's article about mystery lights in the skies over Luton and Houghton Regis, this newsdesk has been inundated with readers sharing their own experiences.
From witnesses, sceptics and self-professed UFO fanatics, here is a selection of the responses....

[edit on 30-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is going to be a problem forever. You cant really make a camera see things the same way your eyes do. Plus there is always this, there could be a video thats completly legit in super hi res that shows a ufo landing and little alien men coming out and the first thing everyone will say, "Wow good CG."

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Amen to that brother.

It's true, you can't believe anything now adays because there is so many damn fakers, and the fakers kill it for everyone with a legitamate piece of footage.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

*Laughs* Exactly. And if the same people see a huge Scapceship with their own eyes, and even see it landing and aliens walking out, they would just say "It's a hologram, it's Project Blue Beam!".

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Rock on. That's groovy as hell. I wish I could spot something like that!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
and14263, thanks for that post!

I'm relatively near Luton, and that article is pretty cool, thanks.

-The other light didnt really "appear", we just hadn't noticed it before, we were focusing on the triangle.
-They drifted overhead at a slow speed
-After about half an hour they suddenly shrunk, turned red and disappeared.

Sorry, I should have told you this earlier!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wish I could prove that this was as real as anything!
100% there, 100% real.
I know I'll look like one of those newbs who come and wind you up with fake stuff, but I could swear on absolutely anything it's real!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Woah! Nothing like holding back the hook. Seriously though that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the answers... just one last question...

When they shrunk away... did this make them look like they were 'rising'? Would you say it was one huge object? If so how long?
Haha sorry.. 3questions!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by DaMod

*Laughs* Exactly. And if the same people see a huge Scapceship with their own eyes, and even see it landing and aliens walking out, they would just say "It's a hologram, it's Project Blue Beam!".

Right before they get abducted and probed!
Ah yes the smell of sweet justice.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Woah! Nothing like holding back the hook. Seriously though that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the answers... just one last question...

When they shrunk away... did this make them look like they were 'rising'? Would you say it was one huge object? If so how long?
Haha sorry.. 3questions!!

ahaha that's fine!
Erm, yeah, it definitely appeared to rise, and was definitely not one object, I saw them occasionally move independantly out of their positions

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by DaMod

Right before they get abducted and probed!
Ah yes the smell of sweet justice.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by DaMod]

LOL! I was worried about getting beamed up an probed

Nah but in all seriousness it was really mesemerising and wierd

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nice Vid, I think you can throw the Lantern explanation out the window. Sure looks like a perfect Triangle to me. Keeping lanterns perfectly positioned isn't realistic as they would react to the winds differently.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Exactly what I thought mate.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Watched it a few times. Interesting Was that wide angle video? Looks like the summer triangle, Vega, Deneb, Altair. But to make that out so clearly seems impossible as no other stars were present sliding from house view to dark sky view.

Not sure if the ST is even visible when this was filmed at your location.

Take care,

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryallard
Alright guys, I know I might get flamed for posting a UFO video on my first day on here, I know what it looks like, but I can swear this is genuine.
About two years ago at around midnight, me and a friend had returned from a concert. We got onto my driveway when we saw the lights in the sky. They were about as bright as stars appear in the night sky, sliently drifting overhead. They mostly stayed in the position in the video, one main triangle of three lights, with one light behind and one ahead, but sometimes changed position.
The next day the local paper dismissed the lights as chinese lanterns. I recognise this as a reasonable explanation, apart from the fact that they mostly stayed in a rigid formation, with some lights moving in a smooth aircraft-like fashion.
Now here's the video, I'm sorry about how bloody annoying my 13 year old (at the time) voice is, you might want to mute it

Well mate, seems you found something.... Didnt the government say it was a floating ferris wheel or something to that effect? Or was it microwave bursts of swamp gas reflectonig off pluto? lol
nice catch kid, keep your eyes opened, and your mind receptive. I don't think any of these lads will give you too much, and if they do, well, bullocks on them! lol
welcome aboard
cheers
Stan-

s157.photobucket.com...¤t=MOV00005.flv

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Nice video, dunno how hard it would be to get chinese lanterns to stay in a triangle formation... these chinese lanterns seem too popular now that they've been officially linked with the last phoenix lights incident you can type in ufo and find em on ebay for cheap in a pack of 20, so expect to see more of these lanterns in the future. The 3 sightings I had I'm glad to say they couldn't have been chinese lanterns based on the manuevers, that's where I consider just lights in the sky to be an actual ufo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join