It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daytime photo of Venus and the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm such a dork I can't seem to get my images to show in my posts! But lemme try it again:

Daytime Venus and the Moon

[edit on 30-1-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
link did not work when i tried to open it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by waynedg

Bear with me....I'm having brain fart issues

Venus daytime

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That worked.

nice pic, I was looking up this morning and noticed the moon was wondering if it was possible to see Venus too, couldn't do it with my eyes was too bright. But thanks..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've not been out early so I don't know if Venus is visible in the morning. I do know it's bright as heck in the evening though.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Yeah I caught a glimpse of her last night. pulled out a cheap walmart type telescope and manage to get a decent look before she set later on in the evening.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mysterysoul

I mainly use my 80mm Stellarvue and Venus has a really nice crescent visible. The clouds moved in last night and so my imaging was cut short though I did manage to get a few moon shots that I'm processing now. I'm certainly no expert but it's a fun little hobby to play around with. If you're intersted in a great scope for a great price the 80mm Stellarvue SV809/D is a fantastic value and it gives razor sharp images.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeah i managed to make out the crescent shape was a site to see.

Thanks for the info checking them out now. kinda new to telescopes in general so. Thanks alot for pointing me in a good direction.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sure thing. I'm no expert by any means but just gimme a holler and I'll tell you what I know about it. Check out stellarvue.com if you're interested. I have the 80mm SV809/D and the 60mm spotter for a guidescope. Even the little 60mm gives razor sharp views. I hope it's not a violation to recommend vendors....it's just the gear that I use.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Shows how bright it is to be seen during the day.

Here is a film I made of it last night,with a web cam and my 6" reflecting telescope.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah I have a problem with my webcam. Using the SPC900NC the camera is basically a 4mm eyepiece which is really pushing the mag limit for such a small (80mm) scope. But heck that gives me an excuse to buy a larger refractor, huh?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Can you get a higher resolution?

It's a good pic, just wish it was bigger.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I can try but that was just a pic with my Canon digital camera...not through the scope. Basically it would look just like the video clip the previous member posted. But I'll sure give it a go! I'll be happy to send you the original image if you like. It's considerably larger than the one I posted.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That's really bizarre you posted this pic. Yesterday I must have looked 20 times for Venus in the middle of the day as I just heard the previous day that you could see it that way sometimes.

I'm looking again this morning but it' still too low, hopefully will spot it today. I've never thought of it for 37 years and the day I do someone posts a pic! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That would be great. Try www.tinypic.com... for image uploads, I find it easier. They will accept a large image.

Leave the Resize at 'default'

When it has uploaded you want to copy the address under 'Direct Link for Layouts'

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well I spotted it late in the afternoon here in Central Arkansas so technically I don't know if you would consider that during the day. But the sun was still out and there was blue sky

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I took this video of Venus last night and used the aperture cover to reduce the glare to enable the true shape of Venus to be seen.Taken with a cheap web cam and a very cheap Chinese 6" reflecting scope with 20mm eyepiece. I think I may invest in an hd web cam with digital zoom to get better pictures and footage.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Check out some prices on Dobs (reflecting scopes). You can't beat them for the bang for you buck. And also you can get astronomy specific CCD cams...a little more expensive than webcams but made specifically for astrophotography. I purchased a Celestron Starhopper 6" reflector back in 2000 for $299. The only reason I don't use it as much is that it's not quite as portable as my refractor and my Maksutov. You can get a 10"-12" Dob for $500-$600....dang....now I want another Dob

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice,as I am sure you know its the devils own job trying to take footage through a telescope.I got mine courtesy of a roll of electrical tape and a lot of patience.Just waiting for the moon to get a little fuller so I can try and film it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My first images that I ever attempted were with a camcorder on a tripod over the eyepiece of my Dob. What a pain but I got some awesome moon pics that way. Plenty of free software online for image processing too. Message me if you need any help finding software

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join