It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Surviving the greatest Depression of the 21st Century

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

As a gardener, I had similar issues this year. Everything had a late start due to the epic winter last year, and about halfway through the summer everything either exploded and overproduced and stopped, or it just gave up completely. My green beans didn't even start to vine until into August. Then, woo hoo, it hard froze in late September (a month too soon) and now was -6 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. On the other hand though the wild harvest was incredible this year, the berries were dripping off of the bushes, and most perennials had a much better than average growth year. Most people look at me funny when I bring it up, but I have noticed a major difference, and I have been gardening in different climates since I was a child.

If you want company canning come on over! I was thinking of finally hauling cranberries out of the freezer and making my cranberry sauce for the holidays today.
It is always better with company, I do understand. It's a great way to remember her.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
just giving this a bump...a gentle reminder that everything is going to be alright...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Again, just dusting this off to see if others can enjoy it, take a break from the division...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join