It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Acts Of Kindness! What Was The Last Kind Thing You Did For Somebody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There seems to be a real feeling of anger and ill will
among most people in our society today. Whether we are dissatisfied with politics, the economy, wall street, our jobs or our loved ones, we have gotten use to expecting the very worst of people in general.
We are spending our time unhappy, obsessed, and upset over unmet expectations,and miscommunications.

Here's a thought. What if we were to make up our minds to do one kind thing for someone else? It doesn't matter if the person is a stranger or someone we know. It doesn't matter how big or how small.

When we change our focus from ourselves to someone else, we instantly feel better, no matter what our circumstances. It also helps us remember we are capable of being nice when we put forth the effort.

So I ask you, what is the last kind thing you did for somebody?

I'll go first. I paid the toll for the stranger behind me.

How about you?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Well i try to make a habit of doing things to help others - even simple things like opening a door for the person behind me and letting them pass through first, and helping people who appear to be struggling,especially elderly or people with push chairs ect. simple stuff but can make a bit of difference to someone.
I always smile at everyone - most smile back - if it is carried on, your smile can go for miles :O)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So I ask you, what is the last kind thing you did for somebody?

End of last month, found out a neighbor was basically going out on the street...could no longer afford her rent, and was going to a shelter (her and her bf broke up, and she had lost her job). We (my wife and I) had only met her about three times or so, just brief exchanges of pleasantries. She borrowed our phone a couple times to make some calls, and some obviously weren't going well from her tears, trying to find a place...

My wife and I gave her $100 cash and a list of local shelters that helped people get back on their feet, list of job agencies, and so on. She was basically a stranger to us, but having been in rough spots before, it was something we could do to help her out...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There's this homeless guy that sits on a side street when you get off the freeway into Detroit, so whenever me and my sister go to see our mom, we buy him McDonalds.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gazrok, That is truly awesome!! Had you not experienced such tough times yourself, it may not have ocurred to you to help her out. Being able to stand in another person's shoes and experience the world through their eyes teaches compassion.

Yours should be the example.

Thank you!
Pax

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While I love the idea of random acts of kindness and encourage it for everyone, I also never tell.

I like to just do things and not let people know.

I know and it makes me happy.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I really don't celebrate Passover and I don't believe any of the Jewish stuff, but my dad is intense about it so I'm keeping Passover for him this year even though I don't have to anymore, and in my house that means no corn products or soy products AT ALL. We were all really hungry so I made a kosher for passover apple cake and also a veggie dip for my dad. He was really happy that I did that for him.

new topics

top topics

join