It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Launch Petition against Rush Limbaugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Considering the source is the false news network I would have to see a valid link in order to even consider it credible but you right wingers will believe anything so have your fun.

Mush loosebowels has every right in the world to be a loud mouthed bigoted jackass but the more he opens his mouth the less crediblity he has. So blab away mush blab away.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
it was all over CNN/fox news yesterday go look it up. im surprised your favorite liberal news network hasnt showed it yet. obama called MSNBC his new press secretary yesterday.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I really dislike Rush, that said, this is ludicrous.

He has a right to say whatever he wants about any issue he chooses

But he doesn't have a right to speak on the Armed Forces Radio and Obama needs to toss this draft-dodger off the AFR. Rush has the right to speak his mind but the govt has no obligation to give him a forum.

YEAH!!! we have a winner! Someone that understands something about the 1st amendment. (MakeSpeed's post) should end the debate regarding Rush's right to the AFR. For the rest of you that insist on using the 1st amendment as some sort of free speech light saber, you can't possibly understand it by just reading it in the Constitution. Look up the landmark cases and they will tell you what free speech is....but more importantly...what it "Isn't". Might be helpful for some of you ever planning on protesting military recruitment on a military base or something...."I got rights man...1st amendment"....bye.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can't stand Limbaugh, however I am willing to defend his right to his hate speech any day of the week.

The best I can come up with to thwart Limbaugh's hate mongering is to not listen to his program. I never listen to his idiocy, but he has the god given right to spew it.

reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Star for that I completely agree.
That hit the nail on the head!

[edit on 1/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Only a fool wants the president, any president to fail.

I did not like bush minor (and that is being polite) and I did not like his policies but that is not the same thing as wishing him to fail... only an idiot would do that.

but then again we are talking about mush loosebowels.

To swatman: "my favorite liberal news network"... YAWN!!!...

... Can't you guys come up with something original?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by grover]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Only a fool wants the president, any president to fail.

I did not like bush minor (and that is being polite) and I did not like his policies but that is not the same thing as wishing him to fail... only an idiot would do that.

but then again we are talking about mush loosebowels.

To swatman: "my favorite liberal news network"... YAWN!!!...

... Can't you guys come up with something original?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by grover]

look at your own post of originality. calling fox news false news but not judging the liberal networks, how un biased of you.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The thing is to say that you want a president to fail is to say in essence that you want him to fail as the steward of the country to fail...

... regardless of a president's policies to suggest that you want him, as the steward of the nation to fail (because you disagree with him) is to say in essence that unless you get your way and get the policies that you want... then you want the nation to fail, to falter until they move in your direction.

In short such an attitude is selfish, mean spirited and hateful... in short typical mush loosebowels and his ilk.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The fact he said this on a broadcast that is spread over AFR (unless it was edited out for AFR broadcast) is tantamount to treason. Telling our troops that he hopes the President fails is just as bad as Geraldo giving away soldiers' positions on Fox News. He directly undermines the Commander in Chief during wartime. Didn't Ann Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Rush himself say criticizing the President during war is a treasonous act? What makes it treason for Liberals, but okay for Rush? Especially when his poison is being heard by our soldiers in harm's way?

As much as I'd like to say we should give him all the rope he needs to hang himself on this and leave him alone, fact is his moronic audience can't make the logical and moral distinctions I noted above--and that makes him dangerous.

And this is the crux of the problem--Repugs want liberals held to a different standard than they hold themselves to. They either don't understand the hypocrisy or they embrace it. As long as such a situation continues this nation is in jeopardy. The Cold Civil War can only last so long before someone starts shooting.

Gods help us all when that day comes.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What people fail to see is that Rush does all the things he does so that he can get ratings.

That's the only thing that Rush really cares about. The more pissed off he can make people the better his ratings. The more people talk about him the more people listen.

IMO the best way to deal with Rush is to ignore him and everything he says. If a guy on the radio could solve all our problems .... they would of been solved by now.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Republican Congressman forced to apologize to Rush Limbaugh, New Face of GOP

This really says it all, doesn't it?

Yesterday GOP Congressman Phil Gingrey of Georgia made some perfectly ordinary comments to The Politico about Rush Limbaugh. Gingrey said that it’s easier for outside opinion-makers — such as Limbaugh and Sean Hannity — to aggressively attack Democrats than it is for elected GOP leaders, who have to work with the Dems.

“I think that our leadership, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, are taking the right approach,” Gingrey said. “I mean, it’s easy if you’re Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh or even sometimes Newt Gingrich to stand back and throw bricks.” Many interpreted these remarks as the equivalent of telling Rush to “back off.”

Turns out that Gingrey’s measured remarks provoked such a violent outcry that he has now been forced to apologize.

“Because of the high volume of phone calls and correspondence received by my office since the Politico article ran, I wanted to take a moment to speak directly to grassroots conservatives,” Gingrey said in a new statement released by his office. “Let me assure you, I am one of you.”

“I never told Rush to back off,” Gingrey continued.
“I regret and apologize for the fact that my comments have offended and upset my fellow conservatives—that was not my intent…Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, and other conservative giants are the voices of the conservative movement’s conscience.”

In other words, Rush Limbaugh launches petition against Republicans!

You've got to love the irony.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by IGOSH]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Rush Limbaughs' air time BARELY equals all the blah blah broadcasting done in the media for the other side of (insert your topic here).

The petition just shows an angst from those hoping no one will actually contemplate something other than what they "report", they don't want to lose their "zombie" base.

I like Rush. I listen to him when I can. He's got b**** and his kind satire makes me laugh. To those who say he's an idiot...hardly! I'd like to hear one of those people talk to him.

I hope this administrations agenda to move our country into a nanny state fails, too, and I didn't need Rush Limbaugh to tell me that! YOU may want more and more government involvement in your life - go for it, pal, just don't force it down the 46% of the people who DIDN'T vote for him (and we ain't all Republicans.....) Keep in mind that there are whole lot of Americans that hope he fails, too!

Treason? HA HA HA HA!

[edit on 09.05.2008 by Anna Kronism]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anna Kronism
I'd like to hear one of those people talk to him.

If you'd like to hear Republican Congressman Phil Gingrey bend over backwards to kiss Rush's ring after having the audacity to make a sensible bi-partisan comment to the media, then go here where Rush proudly offers it on RealPlayer.

I clearly ended up putting my foot in my mouth on some of those comments (laughs) and I just wanted to tell you, Rush, and — and all our conservative giants who help us so much to maintain our base and grow it and get back this majority that I regret those stupid comments. [...]

Rush, congressional Republicans and our leadership need you and other conservative giants to galvanize the millions of Americans who don’t live in Washington. They may not even live in Republican districts. Maybe they’re in Democratic districts. But we’ve gotta have your support, and of course I know you reach millions of people across the country. I’m telling you, I heard from quite a few of them (laughs) since my foot-and-mouth disease yesterday, and I just thank you so much for what you’re doing, and we’re with you 100 percent — and we know that you’re with us a hundred percent, more importantly.

That's not satire. It's just sad.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by IGOSH]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's not sad. It funny.
RUSH is galvanizing Americans?
THATS sad - oh, and FUNNY, too!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
It proves that modern libs really don’t believe in First Amendment right…unless it is their rights of course.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment!

They're not trying to legally make him shut up. They are expressing THEIR opinions of him. That's THEIR right, too, ya know, even if we don't agree with what they're doing.

I know I was dramatic, but let's not over-dramatize this by claiming First Amendment right issues...

Fine, keep defending their actions. Remember, as elected officials and public servants, THEY, meaning the Democrats complaining about Rush, are the ones supposed to be setting the public example. By going off on a piss & moan session like this they are only showing the following:

* Rush scares them
* They don't care if a double standard is being applied
* They are not setting the right public example

Or perhaps you are giving them a pass at behaving like children and not just waving off what Rush is saying?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Considering the source is the false news network I would have to see a valid link in order to even consider it credible but you right wingers will believe anything so have your fun.

Mush loosebowels has every right in the world to be a loud mouthed bigoted jackass but the more he opens his mouth the less crediblity he has. So blab away mush blab away.

The OP gave a valid news source. You don't have the authority on this board to deem it an invalid source, except in your own small world.

But since you seem to have a problem with the linked source, perhaps you would care to post another source that rebutts the story? Oh, what's that? You can't find one? Why might that be? Maybe because your bias is showing and people on ATS are smart enough to realize that making accusations without any credibility behind them only serve to make you look all the more foolish.

But please, post your source for a counter-story. We're waiting.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's a mistaken point of view to think that if Rush says something and someone disagrees, and tells him so, all of a sudden it's a "free speech" issue. No one is messing with his free speech! That's so STUPID. Of course we all have the right of free speech, but disagreeing with Rush and telling him so is NOT an attempt to get Congress to make a freaking law to shut him up.

If Rush is "intimidated" by people saying they DISAGREE with him, that's his problem. It's NOT a free speech issue. Saying he's intimidated is like saying he's offended. Too bad. Part of speaking your mind is that people will speak theirs right back.

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
While you are right, they are not trying to make him legally shut up, it is still a First Amendment issue.

No it isn't. The first Amendment says that Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ...

Please explain how this is a free speech issue. There are no laws being made here. Yours is a common misunderstanding of the First Amendment, as illustrated by the stars on your post.

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
This has everything to do with the First Amendment right to voice ones opinion.

No one is trying to abridge Rush's speech. He has the right to say what he wants and so does the DCCC. They aren't petitioning Congress to make a law or anything.

Originally posted by sos37
Fine, keep defending their actions.

I'm not defending their actions. I'm defending their right to tell Rush what they think. That is NOT the same as agreeing with them. Read my first post in this thread to see my opinion of their actions. But I defend their right to do it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
First off, I HATE Rush Limbaugh, he is NOT the voice of the conservatives, and he is far from a libertarian...BUT, his "Fail" statement has been taken out of context. He said that he hopes he fails at implementing "liberal" policies that Rush doesn't agree with; he never said he hopes he's a failed President, he actually said he hopes that Obama is a good President, but that he won't support Obama's policies if he thinks they are bad for the nation, and that he hopes those policies fail...that's what he said...watch the full interview, not just the clip. I almost fell for the media's video edit scheme, but really, what I just told you is exactly what he said....and this is coming from someone who thinks Rush is on the same level of crazy as Anne Coulter.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
The fact he said this on a broadcast that is spread over AFR (unless it was edited out for AFR broadcast) is tantamount to treason. Telling our troops that he hopes the President fails is just as bad as Geraldo giving away soldiers' positions on Fox News. He directly undermines the Commander in Chief during wartime. Didn't Ann Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Rush himself say criticizing the President during war is a treasonous act? What makes it treason for Liberals, but okay for Rush? Especially when his poison is being heard by our soldiers in harm's way?

But you know something? That didn't stop the liberals from trashing Bush every day and every time he did something. It didn't stop them for screaming about the war every chance they got.

The liberals have been spreading their hate around for eight years. Sorry, libs, if your Personal Jesus is getting lightly slammed by some talk show host. Just wait until the leader of another country starts badmouthing him.

Edit: you're/your

[edit on 29-1-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

But you know something? That didn't stop the liberals from trashing Bush every day and every time he did something. It didn't stop them for screaming about the war every chance they got.

The liberals have been spreading their hate around for eight years. Sorry, libs, if you're Personal Jesus is getting lightly slammed by some talk show host. Just wait until the leader of another country starts badmouthing him.

funny thing is liberals took over in 2006 in the house and senate and could have easily ended the war in iraq. so why havent they??????? ahhh there is a question every liberal is scared of hearing

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anna Kronism
Rush Limbaughs' air time BARELY equals all the blah blah broadcasting done in the media for the other side of (insert your topic here).

The petition just shows an angst from those hoping no one will actually contemplate something other than what they "report", they don't want to lose their "zombie" base.

I like Rush. I listen to him when I can. He's got b**** and his kind satire makes me laugh. To those who say he's an idiot...hardly! I'd like to hear one of those people talk to him.

I hope this administrations agenda to move our country into a nanny state fails, too, and I didn't need Rush Limbaugh to tell me that! YOU may want more and more government involvement in your life - go for it, pal, just don't force it down the 46% of the people who DIDN'T vote for him (and we ain't all Republicans.....) Keep in mind that there are whole lot of Americans that hope he fails, too!

Treason? HA HA HA HA!

[edit on 09.05.2008 by Anna Kronism]

Yellowcard, I want you to read "Anna Kronism's" post above...(yeah, I know its Ann Coultier trying to be anonomous) and what you said was true but look at what the Dittoheads hear.....

Rush does this on purpose because most of his listeners are radical right sheeple and if you can explain to me how the above poster, who I am certain represents the voices of many many many Dittoheads, explain how what she has said is any different than what Al Queda would say.

I could listen to someone from another Country trash the U.S. all day and be civil with them....but when a citizen of the U.S. talks about how they want our Country to fail....well then I get a bit militant. Get the hell out of our Country if you hate it.....you being born here means nothing to me. I have more respect for every imigrant either legal or illegal that loves this Country and tries to make it better. People like that poster make me sick because they are the ugly American that we can't get rid of and nobody in the World wants them coming to their country.

If you are an American...and you want our Country to fail....You are a traitor per se! (look up the term if you need to) These are the followers of the great white fat messiah Rush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join