It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Launch Petition against Rush Limbaugh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Rush is a tortured soul. But even tortured souls have a right to say whatever they want - given it isn't a threat.
We can't scream - freedom of speech - and then move to shut people up.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I really dislike Rush, that said, this is ludicrous.

He has a right to say whatever he wants about any issue he chooses, he is paid to 'talk' his talk is controversial, divisive and IMO nothing more than a ratings ploy, the Obama 'fail' is nothing more than a continuation of that and it is working well for him.... He should not be silenced, and frankly if that happens then we all should be very worried about anything we say in public, online, or elsewhere.

Now if we could find a way to gag that Hannity guy then all would be well.

Talk is cheap, it is actions the people want, do something about the economy and other more important issues, you are only making Rush richer!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Obama started this with telling the repubs not to listen to Rush , so the dems just followed the leader.
I can't believe Obama or the dems are targeting a private citizen for speaking his beliefs.
I just wonder which private citizen their next target is. I guess this is the change we voted for.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Obama needs to throw Limbaugh off of the Armed Forces Radio. Limbaugh is a draft-dodger who got a deferment 35 years ago on grounds of boils on his rear end!!! True story. Rush is a big warmonger now that he's too old to fight, but when young he ran from the military.

Dems should call him butt-boils limbaugh every chance they get. Turn the pill-popping pig into the laughingstock he deserves to be.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

He has a right to say whatever he wants about any issue he chooses

But he doesn't have a right to speak on the Armed Forces Radio and Obama needs to toss this draft-dodger off the AFR. Rush has the right to speak his mind but the govt has no obligation to give him a forum.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I swear to God. Rush cracks me the hell up. Just the sound of his voice is hilarious. I don't necessarily agree with EVERYTHING he says. But I listen to him anyways.

I especially find it funny when people try to pick him on him, saying he's racist for making that song about Obama. "Barack The Magic Negro". Calling him the grand wizard of the KKK and so forth and so on.

But as far as the petition against Rush? Wtf?! Why stop there? How about petitioning Sean Hannity or Joe Pagliarulo? Come on? What's holding back the commie-crats?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Who really cares what that louse has to say in 2009. This guy lost all credibility when he was caught popping pills. The petition itself is absurd.

They need to realize as George Bernard Shaw put it, “I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it.”

More free advertising for the baffoon, more egg on their faces.
Don't they have better things to work on.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

He has a right to say whatever he wants about any issue he chooses

But he doesn't have a right to speak on the Armed Forces Radio and Obama needs to toss this draft-dodger off the AFR. Rush has the right to speak his mind but the govt has no obligation to give him a forum.

he can speak wherever he wants. ive never heard of him be ing a draft dodger and i think you are providing false information

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Can you not see that Limbaugh is dividing everyone...even the people here on ATS!! You are each other throats...why? Why does division need to take place...we all need to be going forward for the advancement of people here in America and everywhere on Earth! When Limbaugh says such outlandish gibberish, it should, of course, be allowed because of our free speech Amendment...however, his attitudes should not be immulated and replicated...he is divisive and controversial for a reason...money...it's always about the money! Limbaugh is not a reporter...he is a TV/radio personality who continues to stretch the truth thru innuendo, personal interpretation and flat out lies...why? to get everyone riled up to keep us divided...just ignore him and what he says. love and peace to you all

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
Obama started this with telling the repubs not to listen to Rush , so the dems just followed the leader.
I can't believe Obama or the dems are targeting a private citizen for speaking his beliefs.
I just wonder which private citizen their next target is. I guess this is the change we voted for.

To my knowledge Obama has said nothing at all about this. I certainly have never heard him tell Republicans who to listen to on the radio.

I believe the intent of the petition was to rally those millions who want Obama to succeed. Their mistake was to use Rush's own tactics and go on the offensive. It wasn't too bright of them. They only give Rush the attention he craves and feed the "lib" haters' frenzy.

It's not like Bush wasn't completely trashed in his day. Now the shoe is on the other foot and Obama supporters should expect that and stay above it.

Personally, I haven't listened to Limbaugh for years. It's like using the "ignore" button on ATS.

Peace.

Edit to add: Rush is not simply a "private citizen." He is a public figure who makes his living in the media. Like all public figures, he is not exempt from the effects of what he says and does.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Well I'm not going to dig up the proof for you , but if you go look at the stories that were printed about Obama telling the repubs that "I won " and "I trump you" to Eric Cantor on the first visit with repubs , then you can read where Obama said to the repubs they shouldn't listen to Rush if they want to get anything done. Its there in black and white and I didn't make it up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Elijio
You FAIL.(my new favourite word)
I don't think anyone hates Bush because he's a republican....It might, oh you know, have to do with the things he did while he was president. You have some way to go if you're still falling for that repub vs dem crap.

You may want to take a look at the OP. It's the Democrats that are pushing this petition. So, it's still that "repub vs dem crap" as you put it.

Fail.

Anyway, I can't believe with what's going on in the US, they have the time to start a stunt like this.

What? You didn't understand that part of my post.

The OP singled out MSNBC and CNN for hating Bush, these are considered liberal, democratic stations no? THE OP is only sees their attacks on Bush and not the validity of their attacks because THE OP has fallen for the "repub vs dem crap". Is the OP a repub by chance? I mean to compare what CNN "attacks"(criticism) to Rush' s rants... Fail. And I'm sorry but the patriot acts, they occured under our former Republican President, no?
Why must people take sides...sheesh. if the OP was equally outraged by infringements upon our rights when the repubs did it then I take back what I said. Because if you're up in arms over this I can only imagine how upset you were at all the things Bush did.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Rush OWNS the rethuglican party. Nothing can be said by any rethug unless Rush says it's ok. They have to apologize to him publicly because he owns their constituents and will tell them who to vote for in the next election. This fat old druggie is the perfect symbol of the rethuglican party. I love him. He's simple-minded.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by IGOSH

You know what? I had not considered that angle and Kudos for bringing it up

Yuppers. But I see from the continued fuming of others over attacks on a 'private citizen' that nobody bothered to read our realization of what everyday online fundraising looks like.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by IGOSH]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
...you can read where Obama said to the repubs they shouldn't listen to Rush if they want to get anything done. Its there in black and white and I didn't make it up.

That's true. After Rush Limbaugh did his Osama Bin Laden impersonation on air telling his audience he hopes the American President fails and encouraged elected Republicans to be obstructionists to bipartisan progress and economic recovery at every turn, President Obama told top Republican leaders the truth.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done."

I could just as easily see John McCain or anyone else that puts America before hyper-partisanship saying the same thing.

And the on topic fact remains, the DCCC isn't going to be submitting this petetion anywhere, or trying to stop Rush from ever saying such silly things "on behalf of the Republican Party."

They are simply using his words against Republicans to raise money to elect more Democrats. That's what Rush Limbaugh does best. Elect Democrats.

And until the Republican Party itself denounces him, it'll keep working.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why the hell would an American citizen living in the US want the President to fail? What a stupid comment. You may disagree with Obama, but wanting him to fail?. Doesn't he realize that if he fails it would drastically and negativly effect every aspect of the US?

He just wants him to fail to prove he was right. That is a brillant use of logic Rush.

Rush can say whatever he wants I have no problem with that at all. But man he is dumb.

I lost ALL respect for Limbaugh after his comments about Michael J. Fox. That was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen by a msm fixture right or left of all time. He should have been fired for that.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

I forgot, it was only ok for MSNBC and CNN to hate george bush because he is a republican, but for a PRIVATE citizen to criticize Obama, it must be squashed. dissent is not allowed in a democrat controlled congress/president. It was ok for MSNBC and CNN to attack a private citizen like joe the plumber, but ignore Joe Biden calling Justice John Roberts an idiot because he messed up a line in the inauguration.. because joe biden has never messed up or made idiotic remarks in his life. So these rules only apply to republicans, thank you first amendment. i dont care how many pills limbaugh popped, he can express his opinion just like anyone else, just because he wont bow down and pray for Obama messiah Christ does not mean he cannot speak.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Swatman]

Silly Republicans with your false analogies.

CNN and MSNBC may have correctly disagreed with virtually everything Bush did, however, I never heard anyone on any show wish that Bush would fail .

Obviously you somehow missed this distinction.

Rush makes me sick. He is a liar and fills the heads of his listeners with misinformation and party propaganda. It comes as no surprise to me that it was his loyal listeners who elected the worst president in American history, TWICE (virtually every living historian agrees Bush was the worst). Why anyone would take anything he says seriously is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
lol

and now you understand why we are in the mess we are in

to many cooks in the kitchen...

The world will end with this stupidity show by BOTH

rush and the dems or whoever

so yes please vote for rush vote for ants vote for god VOTE VOTE

pointless.. makes me kinda glad i dont have to live forever with crackpot humans

sorry but im not interested in stupid people who want to argue OVER POINTLESS THINGS

do you know why we dont live in a utopia?

HUMANS = FAIL

ants have more brains than humans.. infact bactira has more brains

says alot

petty humans how i pitty them..

people dont like the truth do they?

rush is a smacktard like the rest who talk total POINTLESS CRAP

"this was not a flame" i was on topic..!!!

just trying to point out how silly this all is
why argue grrr drives me crazy sometimes

[edit on 29-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Clearly, all of the Bush haters have a new enemy in Rush. Lets call it RDS.

Hey guess what? Rush is a commentator. Rush is a celebrity. You have countless choices in the left wing media to choose from. You don't have to listen to Rush. I don't listen to Rush. I choose to listen to others on Talk Radio.

This story isn't just about Rush. There are making an example out of Rush. Obama asked Republicans on the Hill not to listen to him. WTF. I don't recall Bush asking the bleeding hearts to stop listening to Chris Matthews or Olberwoman.

This is the beginning of the end for the free expression of thought and opposing views to the Obama admin. They are already controlling the daily White House Press briefings. This petition and behavior from the White House is merely paving the road to censoring the alternative voice.

Doesn't the White House have a fatter fish to fry right now? Give me a break. The nation is falling apart state by state and the White House is worried about conservative viewpoints. So much for bipartisanship and balance in the world.

Before you know it sites like ATS will be a thing of the past or just a free feeding pasture for liberals.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary

Originally posted by Swatman

I forgot, it was only ok for MSNBC and CNN to hate george bush because he is a republican, but for a PRIVATE citizen to criticize Obama, it must be squashed. dissent is not allowed in a democrat controlled congress/president. It was ok for MSNBC and CNN to attack a private citizen like joe the plumber, but ignore Joe Biden calling Justice John Roberts an idiot because he messed up a line in the inauguration.. because joe biden has never messed up or made idiotic remarks in his life. So these rules only apply to republicans, thank you first amendment. i dont care how many pills limbaugh popped, he can express his opinion just like anyone else, just because he wont bow down and pray for Obama messiah Christ does not mean he cannot speak.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Swatman]

Silly Republicans with your false analogies.

CNN and MSNBC may have correctly disagreed with virtually everything Bush did, however, I never heard anyone on any show wish that Bush would fail .

Obviously you somehow missed this distinction.

Rush makes me sick. He is a liar and fills the heads of his listeners with misinformation and party propaganda. It comes as no surprise to me that it was his loyal listeners who elected the worst president in American history, TWICE (virtually every living historian agrees Bush was the worst). Why anyone would take anything he says seriously is beyond me.

the difference is that MSNBC and CNN report the news. they skew it to favor their baese. that base is liberals. Rush Limbaugh does not report the news, he goes off on crazy rants about the news, he personally does not report it, people listen to him, he is not there to change peoples opinions, he is there to act crazy. people believe in everything MSNBC and CNN say because they are news giants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join