It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God want man's foreskin ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
And of the Mohel practically sucking on a child penis...
First, in response to this, late me state, shame on you. Bringing something you know naught about. This portion of the procedure, you forgot to mention, is a sterilizing procedure. The Mohel engulfs in his mouth a cupful of blessed wine, and douses the open wound should it get infected. Secondly; there is absolutely nothing sexual about the procedure. The Mohel isn't aroused doing something very holy, and neither does the baby. Neither did your mother get aroused when she washed you in the nude, sometimes completely cupping your genitalia. Why disservice a Mohel's obligation to his community, and not a mothers obligation to her child?

Anyway, that was a very crumby thing for you to take a jab at. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Crabmeat]

Shame on you for pretending outrage. Let us take your argument apart for a few seconds.

"Blessed" wine for antiseptic? I won't start debating the "blessed" part of it, but I will ask why he can't just apply the "blessed" wine with something more sanitary than his mouth? Maybe cotton wool? Secondly while we are looking at it , this is 2009 and we do have antiseptic creams etc? As far as I know jews have nothing against medicine, but you can definitely prove me wrong, can't you?

You say the Mohel is not aroused? You are probably right but do you KNOW this to be so? And at the time of the original circumcisons (after the covenant with Abraham)did the Mohels suck the penises of the adults who had just been circumcised? Sounds homo-erotic doesn't it?

Finally I promise you that when my mother washed me when I was a baby she did it with a cloth, soap and water, NEVER with her tongue or mouth - maybe we didn't have "Blessed" wine.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
While today Mohels strictly use a glass tool to apply the wine, some families request the traditional oral application.

The oral application, mind you, has nothing to do with sucking. The significance of oral application is simple; the Mohel is trained for the circumcision process, and the prayers are recited by word of mouth. The oral dousing of the open wound is symbolic of the prayers spoken, and the shared covenant that God made with Abraham, which was orally instructed, being instilled in the child.

But enough about this, it's not something to be discussed with a bunch of people who want to demonize holy procedures. You are the ones that turned the whole thing homo-erotic due to your own homophobia.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

This is in reply to circumsion, this was a convenant that G-D made with Avbraham and all future generations of both Jews and Gentiles, since there was Gentiles also freed out of the land of Egypt.
And by the way it was not an Egyptian Custom.
And just to let you know Avbraham Jew and not an Assyrain like most people think.
It is also again mentioned by Yeshua (Jesus) in the new Testament, concerning people who harden their hearts against G-D and refuse to listen to his laws, commandments and his new convenant that he made through Yeshua. For the Generation that Moses brought out of Egypt for Adonai G-D was a stiff-necked Generation.
It is also referred this way in Ezekiel 38-42 concerning having uncircumcised hearts.
Old Testament events are also prophesy for future events that carried over to the New Testament.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Aside from it being a sign of abeyance to God, it helped to prevent disease.
To make my point, a few years ago a study concluded which demonstrated that a uncircumcised male is at a 75% higher risk of getting AIDS.

Little critters like bacteria, yeast, HPV, AIDS, and other STD's can live, multiply and happily exist under the foreskin and then spread with sexual contact.

Sorry guys, but the circumcised males are safer sex partners for the ladies.
I won't even go into the problems with the uncircumcised gay guys.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled

Originally posted by vonspurter
Well male humans are born with a foreskin so if you creationists believe we are created by God and then that God commands you to cut the foreskin off then it begs the question why did he create such a thing as a foreskin in the first place? Dumb God.

I wholeheartedly agree! Star.

There was no disease when God first created Adam and Eve. Disease, death and decay entered into the world because of sin(disobedience to one simple law...man failed to keep one simple rule).

Dumb Man!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
cutting off male's foreskin exists in islam too not just in "christianty" and judaism. so this cerimony must be something beyond man's creation .and this also proves the oness origine of these three religions .

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My parents made me when i was to young to decide and I have always thought it was unfair. but i cant change that

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, I'm an atheist so I can't really weigh in on the whole question of why someone I don't believe in would want something. I can weigh in on the other stuff. Especially since some people have asked how circumcised men feel about it.

I am circumcised, I am a man, and I am not Jewish. I also wish that I hadn't been circumcised. I am a little bitter about it actually. to be honest, I'm very bitter about it. I feel like I had a piece of my body removed and permanently scarred for no reason and without my consent.

My glans dries out sometimes and I have to apply lotion to help. It stings. I also have to deal with the fact that the doctor took too much, or I'm larger than they expected, and I have hair on the shaft of my penis. It's not fun, I can tell you that. If I could somehow regrow my foreskin I would do it in a heartbeat.

Now I have seen some people say things like, "it's just a bit of excess skin, who cares?" Apparently one of these people is a woman; so let me give her an analogy. Lets say that you were a few days old and your parents decided to get you "circumcised." So the doctor removes your inner labia. You still have the outer labia to protect the opening to your vagina and urethra, so you don't really "need" the inner labia. It's just some excess skin. How would you feel about it?

I also have to wonder at these circumcised men who say that they haven't noticed a lack. Well, of course you haven't! You haven't had a foreskin since you were a week or so old. You can't notice the lack of a thing you basically never had.

Other people seem to think that because the kid won't remember it's not a horrific thing to do. Well I have to tell you, I disagree. Along those lines it would be okay to poke kids with needles every hour until they are a few years old because they won't remember it.

Related to that, one person said they heard it happen to their kids and it wasn't a problem. This person went on to say that babies cry when they get injections too. Well, I hate to break it to you but babies cry when they get a shot because they are startled, not because they are in extreme pain. My wife is in nursing school doing her OB clinical right now. One nurse said that she couldn't even stay in the room when they did a circumcision, it was that horrible.

Furthermore, it's an elective surgical procedure done to an infant. A completely unnecessary surgical procedure. Done without pain relief. How is it the parents right to make that decision for their child? Sure, if there is a medical problem, and they do happen, that makes circumcision necessary it's alright. It's like genital cosmetic surgery on an infant.

Not to mention that we know that it does the child no good. It doesn't help prevent disease. It isn't cleaner. There is no reason for it. The main reason it is a cultural norm in the United States is because in the 1800s doctors thought it was a good idea. Why? They thought that it would help prevent the child from masturbating when he got older. I'm not even kidding.

Let's not forget the potential complications. Others have mentioned how sometimes things go wrong. They do, and it may necessitate the removal of a portion of the penis. There is also the problem of infection. I have seen images of MRSA infected circumcision wounds. It's not pretty. One by lost all the skin on his penis, scrotum, perineal area, and up on to his abdomen. Imagine that, I know it's gross but it happens sometimes.

I could go on, but this post is getting long enough as is. I just have one last thing to say. My wife is pregnant with our first son. He will not be getting circumcised. Our midwife approves wholeheartedly of this decision. When he asks me why his penis is different from mine and the other boys I will be honest with him. I'll tell him that my parents just went along with the cultural norm and had it done. They didn't think about it and I wish they hadn't done it. That's why I didn't let them do it to him and his looks different.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Circumcision is ancient medicine

Back in the days before modern medicine, people still suffered from fungi infections down below the belt. The story goes that Abraham couldn't get any children with his wife. Then he meets God who solves the problem by cutting off Abraham's foreskin. And that's what happened. God treated Abraham for smegma and fungus. Must have had an awful smell.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My two cents is most americans are wage slaves of jewish bankers and elites. American Israeli connection. Thus in order to keep the covenant they must circumcise the slaves. Doctors were probably told to push it until it became common practice. Now if they push circumcision they could probably be sued for malpractice.

My wife wants to circumcise any male children we have she has been with both and thinks a circumcised penis is more beautiful. I argue that it is mutilation. I hope she will wait until he is old enough to decide for himself.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
who talked to god seems strange that he would not talk to any body since then why would he let people kill for thousands of years and would they not burn you alive for talking against the church saying you belive in the devil so no one else could say that they were wrong

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've found a lot of the stuff in the O.T. - that God supposedly put down as law - really were just health things.

No shellfish. No pork. No foreskin. etc etc. Things that are actually healthier for the body somehow became 'God's Law'. - just an observation.

You have to remember MEN wrote the bible not GOD yes I said it
Man created god not the otherway!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you" Gen17:10-11

I believe it was a sign of obedience reminding Israel of Gods covenant with them according to which He declared Himself to be their God and they His people.

Also fewer infections is a medical fact. But perhaps it was deeper than that. Here's what a famous Rabbi Moses Maimonides wrote about it,

Similarly with regard to circumcision, one of the reasons for it is, in my opinion, the wish to bring about a decrease in sexual intercourse and a weakening of the organ in question, so that this activity be diminished and the organ be in as quiet a state as possible. It has been thought that circumcision perfects what is defective congenitally. This gave the possibility to everyone to raise an objection and to say: How can natural things be defective so that they need to be perfected from outside, all the more because we know how useful the foreskin is for that member? In fact this commandment has not been prescribed with a view to perfecting what is defective congenitally, but to perfecting what is defective morally. The bodily pain caused to that member is the real purpose of circumcision. None of the activities necessary for the preservation of the individual is harmed thereby, nor is procreation rendered impossible, but violent concupiscence and lust that goes beyond what is needed are diminished. The fact that circumcision weakens the faculty of sexual excitement and sometimes perhaps diminishes the pleasure is indubitable. For if at birth this member has been made to bleed and has had its covering taken away from it, it must indubitably be weakened. The Sages, may their memory be blessed, have explicitly stated: It is hard for a woman with whom an uncircumcised man has had sexual intercourse to separate from him. In my opinion this is the strongest of the reasons for circumcision.

www.cirp.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can't speak for God but if I had Brad Pitt's foreskin then I'm pretty sure that I could sell it on Ebay for a chunk of cash.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Its a pagan tradition...ancient practice. Something that man came up with, not God.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

Hah... You realize Yahweh is basically just a God amongst other Cannanite Gods right?

What is this "God came up with" malarkey?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Circumcision is ancient medicine

Back in the days before modern medicine, people still suffered from fungi infections down below the belt. The story goes that Abraham couldn't get any children with his wife. Then he meets God who solves the problem by cutting off Abraham's foreskin. And that's what happened. God treated Abraham for smegma and fungus. Must have had an awful smell.

Thank you... this is the most logical sounding post I've read thus far.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Perhaps because it is the only liable truth. Why did God demand Av-ra-ham's son Is-akh to be killed? Because he was the result of genetic inbreeding. Abraham was married to his sister. However God changed his mind and allowed it. And through Isakh or Isaac we have gotten people like Jochannan, Jesju, Einstein and Dylan. Wouldn't live without them... Except for the national-capital-fascists filling up the gov. down in Judea today. Shame and utter hell in their left chest pocket-and here is my shoe. Family, my azs.

[Edit]Added a B and a B only[/Edit]

[edit on 24/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Circumcision is an Egyptian practice as are the Hebrew...Egyptian.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/942c80f6aa7e.jpg[/atsimg]

"Out of Egypt, I have called my people Israel"....God/Ra/Yah

"In those days Egypt shall be first, then Assur, then Israel third"

[edit on 25-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is why "the 7th is also the 8th and goes to perdition".

What is the 8th but a circum scribe around the obilisk. The obilisk is wisdom towering.

This is why "there were Giants in those days and even after".

Giant is a reference to "Men of Renown" or "Men of the Name". I can name a few Giants for you. Rothchilds, Rockefeller, Bush...all the ones you've heard of.

These Giants who are devouring men are the reason for circumcision. When God spoke to Nebuchadnezzar, he told him he would pass over him 7 times before his mind and memory returned to him. This is speaking of Generations, that the King would become an ass of man, wild generations, before his mind returned to him.

It did finally return to him and he proclaimed that God is supreme right before his circumcision on the Cross as Jesus Christ. Two people do not receive the title of King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The names are in essence the same thing. Nebuchadnezzar means, "Nebo/Eber take care of my youngest son". Jesus means "self existent salvation" or "We the people".

Understand that the Hebrew have built and destroyed each great kingdom while "scattered amongst the nations". Who do you think the USA is? Joseph my friends and Joseph is in Egypt to this day. Know why? Egypt is from Mitzraim which means Mary also called Amerigo said by you America.

Remember the 3 wise men following a star? How about the Nina, Pinta and the Santa Maria following a star? Plymoth Rock? "On this rock shall I build my church" How about those 13 colonies or those 13 appostles one of which was a Benedict Arnold? How about those to sons of Joseph Ephraim the north and Manasseh the south. Don't you remember Abraham? What about that Mt. Rushmore where those 4 angels are bound till a certain hour? Team America jokes about it. Funny how every plot in a comedy lately is about making Baal Cain OH's erupt. In a volcano, there is no need for the sun. It comes from the east to the west in a flash of lightening. And he will be as burnished bronze. Mt. Tsion...."at the center of the earth were there is still warmth"

They tell you the same story over and over and over again only change the names and places to protect you, the innocent.

Circumcision is about chopping off your pride so you can see things brand new, not the penis....God is a little deeper then skin, he's the one doing everything inside of you, the miracle called life.

Peace

[edit on 25-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Mynaeris

What? You're a man?
Didn't know that.

Used to be.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join