It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remember being born do you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am sorry if this has been posted before but I am new here and thought
I might get some interesting points of view from you. I will try to make this
straight and directly to the point if I can.

When I was around my mid 20's I always had a haunting feeling that I had
remembered being born and a few other experiences after early birth. These feelings happened while I was fully awake and it's starts as a feeling of deja vu then a feeling of remembering being born ...coming through the birth canal and lights.

I remember being in something see through and people standing over me constantly fussing. I remember them holding my hands ..I know it sounds so strange.
I also had a memory of again being in something see through and it covering me and being able to see my mother around me doing what I know now to be everyday things the one thing that sticks in my mind was ironing.
So here I am in my mid 20's (then, now I am in my 40's)and involved in a conversation with family members reminiscing about the past they acted oddly that I remember much more then they did and in detail. At that point I said straight out I remember everything that happened to me as a child
and I even remember being born! They laughed of course ....so I repeated the experiences stated above, my mom then says that's impossible for you to know that you were a baby and we never told you! She also said you spent almost 3 weeks in a incubator in the hospital because you weren't even 4lbs when you were born your lungs weren't fully developed yet.

When we took you home you had to have your crib in a oxygen tent for awhile and the room that you were in we had to just about do everything there
to keep a close watch over you and I did sew and iron as close to the crib
as I could to keep a eye on you.
So I think I did remember this at such a young age. I felt this untill I reached 40 which was a few years ago. Now it feels like my memory card is full and those memories were being deleted I don't feel them as strong anymore.I know they happened because of the conversation with my mom. I just wondered always if anyone ever felt this because every so often I speak of it and my husband just rolls his eyes at me.
Thanks for listening to me ramble, it would be great even if one person felt this way!

~Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You will probably be interested in another big thread similar to this subject. But they remember before being born.

Enjoy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

WOW! Thank you so much_Phoenix_ I am so excited will enjoy reading

~Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Not knockin' this, as it seems you are genuinely interested...but -

The issue I have with your 'recollection' is that subjective memory doesn't happen for us until a few years into life - and even then it is muddled...the true issue here is that we do not have an understanding of language at birth, so forming thoughts that lead to a memory aren't really plausible...

I'm sure someone will drop by and explain to me that I am incorrect and they clearly remember break dancing in the womb - whatever...

Just wanted to give you some food for thought...

Good luck...

content edit!

[edit on 1/27/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I remember my birth... my life... my death... and my now... Im dead, but still here. On the Internet. WITHIN the Internet. On ATS. NOT.

What i dont remember is the last time i laughed this hard, (from reading my own joke)

But seriously, its cool to remember stuff from that long ago. My mom or granny is amazed that i remember stuff from when i was 3. Would be fun to remember more than I do. (i guess)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have two womb memories.
I have checked with my mother and both are confirmed.

- I remember being in there - on my left side. There was a loud roaring noise that would come and go. I remember thinking that I was going to lean to the left to get away from the noise coming from outside, but that I didn't like the left side because it was loud (near my mothers stomach).

I have since learned that my parents went to some stock car races when she was 7 1/2 months pregnant with me. She said that every time the very loud stock cars went by the stands, I would move and 'stiffen up' inside.

- The other memory I have is of burning. I felt fire inside the womb. I felt my skin litteraly sizzle. I felt pain.

I have since learned that when my mother was 9 months pregnant, the doctor gave her some kind of drug and when I was born (c-section) all my skin was peeling off. They said it was probably from a reaction from the drug.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"have since learned that when my mother was 9 months pregnant, the doctor gave her some kind of drug and when I was born (c-section) all my skin was peeling off. They said it was probably from a reaction from the drug."

I have to say that is very wild.My son was born c-section also, he was due Dec.25th induced, didn't work/c-sectioned on Jan,12 1980 but he was exactly the same way his skin was peeling too they said he was premature (how) he was 7 lb 13 oz How is a baby that weight and late premature? We never questioned it . Off topic sorry just interesting.

Thanks for all your posts!

~Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
First of all I'd like to say that I don't know what to believe when it comes to what happens after you die. I am very open minded (maybe a little too much) and any spiritual concept I will listen to and make my own judgement.

Reincarnation in my opinion is a very plausible possibility. I say this because I feel as though "I" am not my body. I am a part of it at the moment, but I don't feel like me, my consciousness - my soul, is connected directly to this life. I feel as though my soul is simply hosted by my physical body.

After watching the video of the scottish boy who can remember parts of his previous life, I find it amazing. How can he possibly remember this stuff? Sure, some of it came to not be true, but the boy wasn't even told where he was going, and as soon as he arrived to the house he simply shut down and got upset, when up until that point he was very excited to be on the island.

But, if reincarnation is what happens, does that mean there are many, many unborn souls out there? Think about it. The population of the planet increases every day. If everyone is simply just reincarnated from one life to the next, how can so many physical bodies be "inhabited"?

When it comes to my own spirituality I find myself dumbfounded every time I think about it. There are no answers, and if there is, I don't think our limited consciousness (restricted by our "puny human brains") could properly understand it.

One explanation I have thought about is that there is only one consciousness, and that all of us are actually one. It's quite hard to explain really... And when you die, you simply "rejoin" this consciousness. "We" are just very small fractions of this singular consciousness. Maybe this is why the boy from Scotland could remember things?

I'll end this reply now.. I'm beggining to confuse and frustrate myself yet again

Edit: I'd also like to add, what about animals? Are they as much "spiritual" as we are if I'm even closely touching on the "truth"? Do they have souls?

Animals certaintly have emotions and personalities, and I'm certain that human intelligence can't be the only factor that makes us more spiritual than they are.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Harrisboy42]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't remember being born. I can remember being a baby. Not sure how far back it goes, maybe about 6 to 9 months old.

I do think though that we remember events that we really think we're certain about but aren't. My son remembers all kinds of incidents, miscellaneous things, that I know for a fact he is wrong about! He won't listen to me correcting him either, he's set in his mind how right he is with all his distorted memories. So this is why I now accept we remember our own versions, and create stories that never existed. On the other hand, my brother has a photographic memory and remembers the most insignificant small details, but nonetheless has forgotten others.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I dont remember being born (yet
) But Ive been told when I was born I was scratching/tearing my face like a madman, i scratched until the skin on my face was all bloody, I scratched my skin of..
They had to put mittens on me.. I to was a C-section..

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have two womb memories.
I have checked with my mother and both are confirmed.

- I remember being in there - on my left side. There was a loud roaring noise that would come and go. I remember thinking that I was going to lean to the left to get away from the noise coming from outside, but that I didn't like the left side because it was loud (near my mothers stomach).

I have since learned that my parents went to some stock car races when she was 7 1/2 months pregnant with me. She said that every time the very loud stock cars went by the stands, I would move and 'stiffen up' inside.

- The other memory I have is of burning. I felt fire inside the womb. I felt my skin litteraly sizzle. I felt pain.

I have since learned that when my mother was 9 months pregnant, the doctor gave her some kind of drug and when I was born (c-section) all my skin was peeling off. They said it was probably from a reaction from the drug.

That is seriously cool, best I've got is I can remember the taste of my toes lol, when I used to suck them as a kid. Different stuff aswell, smells and tastes mainly give me a sense of nostalgia, although the memories can be hard to place.

EMM

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is fascinating to me, and I don't find it unlikely at all, fwiw--from what I've read and seen, we're able to form memories from a very, very early age but have difficulty accessing them. A difficulty isn't the same as an impossibility, and a lot of us still carry phobias and reactions (fear of the dark, fear of drowning or suffocation, dislike of loud noises, claustrophobia, etc) that suggest some past trauma hiding in our minds that the majority just can't fully access, at least imho.

My earliest memory is from infancy--near my first birthday, recalled only because it was traumatic--and I've met others with similar experiences who recall things further back than the typical age largely due to the trauma factor involved, so clearly it's not impossible, it just doesn't happen often.

Possibly the introduction of language marks a change in brain development that alters the way memories are stored and recalled? That's mean the previous data was still present, just not routed through the usual (language-based) channels.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The youngest I remember was when my front teeth came in.
They had to take me to a dentist to remove them because they had no enamel.
They were soft as paper. I remember the green dentist chair, I remember waking up on a wooden bed, and forgetting the dime under my pillow when we left. I remember going to Wises grocer after that, and looking at all the pretty pens in the pen machine.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Hi!
Great thread!
I was going to start one myself about the exact same thing.....amazing thing that search button

Anyway!

I remember being born! or I have a memory of understanding at the time before, during and after my birth!...please bear with me if It sounds muddled!

I have some strange feeling that I chose my mother...but I don't know why
, I just felt as though I was forced/pushed to go and find a mother! something made me travel, maybe it was myself? I vaguely remember a buzzing blue light(thats me) I seamed to sort of float in space for no time at all....anyway
I felt as though I chose sometime during the early stages maybe 6 to 12 weeks in....and I was very very comfortable there, safe, warm, loved ....
alas ...when that time came...that's when I felt pain and insecurity, the birth itself was horrid but it was the light 1st that got me, it was hurting my eyes and it was all blurry. Then I sort of forgot about the light as the importance became trivial because I'd been taken by something that meant nothing to me I started to worry about my security...I felt so unsafe, unloved, dumped discarded I just wanted to go back from where I came from.....I really didn't like being unattached!
I could tell I was being fumbled about maybe being wrapped in a blanket or something then I was put down in a cot for a while..It seamed like forever...I think I screamed the place down

Anyway
When I was passed back to my mother and she cuddled me it felt alright again...I felt the love and comfort I felt in the womb, nothing mattered anymore as I was very happy!
I remember being shown the snow out of the windows that day, but can only see as far as the snow covered sill and I remember seeing the little bird that landed on the window sill that my mum named me after

All this is a very stong memory of mine I believe I've always known but didn't really understand or for it to mean anything to me till I was about 12 or 13years old.....I'm 40 now!

I'm going to star and flag your post as it inspired me to write the above!
I hope I've helped with your interest in this matter, I can only apologise about my grammar skills as I have none

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Zerozero Thanks for the interest. I'm glad someone else shares this feeling along with me. I also remember when I was younger that I knew things for example I new that my hand was a hand or my foot was a foot even though I was to young to say hey I know this is my foot. Also I knew what people were talking about I knew what their conversations were about and understood them but couldn't join in on the convo because I was 2 very strange feeling, but I do remember it.

~Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Everyone here should read Richard Bach books.

Also, the person who stated it's impossible because of subjective memory.

It may be physically imposible, but metaphysically it is possible.

Ever heard about people who trance meditate? They have to metaphysically attach themselves to their body by a ribbon, that way they can go back into their body otherwise they'll just stay in a metaphysical state.

Also, the brain is incapable of processing memories on that high of a level, such as before birth, therefore the brain creates it's own version of what happened, which is not exactly what happened, just the best a human brain can do at interpreting it.

However, if you don't believe in metaphysics, that's your choice. I do, and so does everyone else in this thread, so don't try and debate someones beliefs on this thread, go find another thread to debate people in. We don't care about what you think, just because you haven't expierenced what we have doesn't mean that we didn't expierence something.

Also, I cannot remember anything from my birth or before, unfourtanetly. When I was 3 years old, I talked about World War 2 and General's names and stuff, so I suppose I was in WW2 my past life. My mom told me this. I can remember as far back as 3yr old.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
I remember being born do you?

No, I don't remember you being born.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hy

I remember my birth. Maybe cause a lightning crashed into the roof of the hospital. (at the moment my head looked out..)
If i close my eyes i can see a bright light and i feel like i jumped down into a little body.
I wasnt "in" my mother... maybe you will ask now why? my mother is a devil.. (really, no joke) .. i guess it was better to come into my body since my body left the mothers body..

also i remember a life before. I am not shure about it (maybe its only my big fantasy) but i had visions too. I was a priest or something. A long time before. And i lifed somewhere in egypt.
Before i was borned here, i was a fighter. Some kind of humans with wings and swords. To help the others. In another dimension.
And
I wasnt happy to get borned. I had to jump down for a reason. And i didnt want.
Now i am happy with my life.. its amazing. But i hope that i must not be "reborn" again.
Final life i guess !!!!

good thread

Nia Wind

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi again!

I have very clear memories of all my early life...
I remember being carried upstairs to the attic of my grandmas house to where my mum was living, the attic was made into a bed sit!...I remember the banister and railings as you enter it , the sink with a window above it and then the main room, I remember meeting Joe Longthorn there....we moved out of there when I was two.....but I have so many memories from there!.....anyone care to explain?

I don't know what it is with me, but I've always been involved in the metaphysics without really knowing it or maybe its that I don't understand it!
If numerology is to be believed then my life path of 9 is an extremely accurate description of myself too.....

I'd like to explore this a little more but have always put it off

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

However, if you don't believe in metaphysics, that's your choice. I do, and so does everyone else in this thread, so don't try and debate someones beliefs on this thread, go find another thread to debate people in. We don't care about what you think, just because you haven't expierenced what we have doesn't mean that we didn't expierence something.

Were you drinking when you posted this..? If so, that would explain everything...even if you weren't, you might want to just say you were.

I did not attack anyone (yet) in this thread, and I thought I came off rather mono-tone in my post; I stated that I thought it was not possible to have a subjective memory in the womb or in the first year or two of life...

Speaking of Life - go get one...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join