It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Disturbing Film

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
For me these two films are disturbing enough
Carver [2008] IMDB link
And The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009) IMDB link

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Last House on the Left ---the rape scene freaks me out, the scene in the woods is so similar to dozens of homicide cases I have read...its too real

The Hills Have Eyes---I know, I must be a wimp..but rape scenes really disturb me. Plus cannibalism and when they burn the father alive...ugh.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is pretty raunchy too. I prefer movies that have a good plot twist...it seems like movies today just focus more on how much gore they can fit into the film

someone also mentioned the rape scene on American History X, which I just watched with my fiancee and future father in law the other day (never seen it before that)...that was awkward

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

"The Ring" was not so much scary (for me) as it was just very disturbing on a level that I can't even begin to explain. The exact term for the oncept and the visuals is, I beleve, "Scatalogical." Bothered me for days afterward.

Another film that really did a number on my head was "Jeepers Creepers."

Also, anything by the Cronin Brothers....Yikes!

[edit on 7/9/2010 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anybody ever see 'Dumplings'? (A.K.A 'Gaau Ji', apparently - www.imdb.com...).

I caught it in the middle of the night and had no idea what it was about. Oh. My. God. I was speechless.

Another one was 'London to Brighton', not so much disturbing as incredibly tense, it left me curled up, chain-smoking with tears in my eyes. Thoroughly recommended, great film.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, there are a few movies in this thread that sound interesting, however, I just don't know if I want to subject my mind to the content.

I did like the original and remake of Last House on The Left.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

In Jeepers Creepers, I kept wanting the main characters to die, because half the time, they were just plain idiots...

Example: they run the guy over multiple times, and then what do they do? Park the car, get out, and watch as he twitches, healing... Me? I'd have my foot to the floor of that gas pedal.

Also, they know he can smell them, and is tracking them that way, wouldn't you strip off ever stitch of clothing (and put that clothing in the back of a truck going a different way) and roll around in something (anything) that doesn't smell like you?

Morons....they both deserved to die...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If you want to watch a truly disturbing, yet beautiful, funny and poignant movie, then watch Betty Blue

A true classic, which has never got the recognition it deserves.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Schindlers List for me. I watched it alone in the dark and it really got me.

On an amusing side note, I was once in Germany and the hotels lift was made by schindlers. So we were getting in schindlers lift. Which at the time was hillarious..... I guess you had to be there

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
For me it would have to be Trainspotting.

It was such a break through film in it's realistic portrayal of heroin addiction and life in parts of Edinburgh.

The comedy and soundtrack of the film provide the perfect foil for the more disturbing scenes.

I must admit, I also found Schindler's List quite disturbing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would have to say that movie would be House of 1000 Corpses. I have never seen a horror film so gory like that. I watched it when I was 13 and I had nightmares for a week after watching it. I really wish Rob Zombie would continue to make these films, he brings something to the table nobody else has.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Schindler's List was certainly disturbing on several levels.

Speaking of Trainspotting and it's unflinching lool at heroin addiction, I would also nominate two other films for the same depiction of Alcohol Addiction: Days Of Wine & Roses and Ironweed. Both are excellent films but are certainly disturbing on a certain level.

edited because I am an idiot.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Pufnstuf. Seriously fubah'd me FOREVER!
American WereWolf in London! [I still have nightmares about Nazi Demons slitting the throats of my my family...except now I dream that I'm the Nazi Demon slitting the throats!
and sometimes I dream that I'm running naked and hunting... oh wait! Hang on... they aren't dreams! Uhm??? (cough)
]
Urotsukidoji [any of them].
Any of the "Saw" films.
Any film made by Troma!
Reservoir Dogs.
Wolf Creek.
Bad Boy Bubby.
Pi.
Being John Malkovich.
The Cube (1 and 2).
Man Bites Dog!
Twilight Zone. "Wanna see something really scary???"
Pulp Fiction! "Bring out the GIMP!"
28 days.
HELLRAISER! [1 and 2 ONLY] "I recommend... AMPUTATION! MUHAHAHA!"

Personal Disclosure: Nah seriously... its has to be Andy Warhol's movie called "Sleep".... SERIOUSLY WTFH?
was he on... and can I PLEASE HAVE SOME!!!

Edited to add...

:EPIC FACEPALM: :bnghd:

Nah I'm kidding myself...IT HAS TO BE "Wicked City"

[edit on 16-7-2010 by OmegaLogos]

Edited add my favorite disturbing scifi film quote from "Event Horizon"...

"Do You SEE!!!"

Edited to add
Sigh... Me :shk: How could I have forgotten Bad taste, Meet the Feebles and Braindead!

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!

Apologies to Mr Peter Jackson!

Edited to add that the most disgusting monster within me just told me that he rather liked "Thursday"....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
oh you guys are mentioning some I had totally forgotten about like The Cube

So not to repeat any although I love a lot of these I'll go with
Fire Walk With Me
Boxing Helena
the Hills have Eyes (any version)
May
Lucky

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've had some time to think and have thought of several more films of the "disturbing" variety.

The Believers - Starring Jimmy Smits

Fallen - With Denzel Washington

Village Of The Damned - The Original is the most disturbing of the two IMHO.

Mondo Cane - Yikes!! What a horribly grotesque and ugly film this is. If you have never seen it, good for you; you will definitely sleep better.

Freaks! - Don't even get me started on this one. How it ever got made, let alone distributed to theatres is a mystery to me, especially since it was made back in 1932. A majorly disturbing minor film, to be sure.

The Haunting - A very scary and psychologically disturbing film. From the short story by Shirley Jackson.

Edited to add a couple more that just came to mind...

The Entity....and

Communion with Christopher Walken...This movie really bothered me on a very deep level. I Must have been abducted by aliens or something. Who knew!!

[edit on 7/17/2010 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In Jeepers Creepers, I kept wanting the main characters to die, because half the time, they were just plain idiots...

You bring up a good point, there, Gaz, but then the same could be said of the characters in almost every other horror movie ever made.I mean, think about it for a minute; they are always doing the opposite of what any normal sane person would do. Of course, if the sibling characters in Jeepers Creepers hadn't stopped to see what happened to the monster or if the brother hadn't decided to go down into that mine shaft or whatever it was, it wouldn't have been a very scary movie.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Most Disturbing Film? There are quite a few that have been mentioned already (Salo & Mordum etc..), but I think "A Serbian Film",- is by far the most disturbing and one of the most sickening films that has been made to date.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"Nekromantic" or "Nekromantik" hands down, the most disturbing movie ever. Part 2 was just as twisted. It took me 3 days to watch this movie. I have found clips on youtube. just do a search. I think posting links here would get me banned.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I love "disturbing" films

Sweet Sixteen
Trainspotting
Harry Brown
The Machinist
Mysterious Skin
The Girl Next Door 2007
Kids
Twelve and Holding
A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story
Children of Men
Requiem for a Dream
The Truman Show
Thirteen

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Believe it or not, the movie that disturbed me the most is the movie adaptation of the Whitley Strieber book, Communion. I LOVE scary movies but for some reason this movie touched on a primal fear... I slept with the lights on for days, and I am a grown man...

If you tuned into ATS Live! you will know that Springer also had trouble getting to sleep for quite some time after he first saw the movie as well....

If you can get your hands on a copy of it, I say, wait until night, turn out all the lights, and watch it all alone....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Clockwork Orange. I hate that movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join