It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic! ILL Governor on Lary King

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I apologize if this isn't the right area for my thread....I am listening to the gov of ILL on CNN.com/Larry King, and don't you guys think it is ironic that he would appear this night. His immpeachment trial started today, so half the questions Larry asks him he is unable to discuss due to the trial being in session?

Blago on Larry King

[edit on 26-1-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He went there to "set the record straight", or so i thought, haha, He was afraid that the Illinois (supreme?) court would have a bias on the case.

I thought it was mandatory to go to court when you were called to trial, but apparently that is dependent on the case type, but still, is the man not even going to try and defend his own name?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
He's an IDIOT. Plain and simple. This guy thinks he's invincible because he's a governnor. I don't really think he knowns what he did was illegal. And then boycotting his trial...hahahah what a one way ticket to the slammer this is gonna be.

He's probably doing this in order to not make himself look like a complete *ss when they read the verdict and he's thrown in jail for 5-10.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well he can't call witnesses. He can't really defend himself. They are going to impeach him no matter what anyway.

I think it's BS. He may be a crazed lunatic...but he has the same constitutional rights that we all should have. He has not been proved in a court of law to be guilty. He should be treated as such.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

As much as i express very deep respect for your comment, i do have to say that i have heard the wire tap tapes and this man is obviously guilty, there is no question that he did attempt to sell that seat and sees nothing wrong with it.

He does have his rights, but he also has a moral obligation to atone for what he's done through the correct channells of the law. And boycotting the trial only makes him look more guilty for not facing this supposed "false" accusation in the face.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i do have to say that i have heard the wire tap tapes and this man is obviously guilty, there is no question that he did attempt to sell that seat and sees nothing wrong with it.

I've heard them as well. He'll be found guilty but i'm still for a fair trail. He may not feel he has done wrong..which he has. I just have the feeling that this is how it all works. Seats are filled by obligations, not by credentials.

Personally I want to see who he takes down with him.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

i do have to say that i have heard the wire tap tapes and this man is obviously guilty, there is no question that he did attempt to sell that seat and sees nothing wrong with it.

I've heard them as well. He'll be found guilty but i'm still for a fair trail. He may not feel he has done wrong..which he has. I just have the feeling that this is how it all works. Seats are filled by obligations, not by credentials.

Personally I want to see who he takes down with him.

Pff i'll be surprised if they don't assinate him before he has a chance to disclose who he was working with. Could be bigger than we thought, but i'm kind skeptical about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There is a lot I didn't know about the events leading up to the pay for play accusations.

Check out
Geraldo goes wild
scroll down to "It's a fraud", and play that clip. If you can decipher it, Geraldo is trying to ask what this is REALLY about. He's rude..but is he right?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

HAHA...nice! Thanks for posting that.

He owned that guy. He admitted to taking money!! Hilarious. I'm not a big Geraldo guy but any means...but bravo to him on this one.

BTW

Here is the youtube clip of the same video:

You gotta watch this people!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm just trying to keep you honest here, but unless your a fed or a lawmaker in the Illinois state congress, then all you have heard are excerpts that were released to the media.

He might be a crazed lunatic, but the way I see it he is innocent until proven guilty. It also doesn't help that Fitzgerald hasn't filed an indictment against him.

When he was arrested it was only a complaint that was filed. Blago isn't even charged with anything. Fitzgerald asked for a 90 day extension to file an indictment.

This was all over the news today he is pretty much doing the media circuit to sway potential jurors into having sympathy for him.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I apologize, you are correct all i have seen are media exerts, but i could see why he wanted an extension, it would give him more time to dig up valuable information against Blago.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone thought about Drug Testing this Guy.
Seriously. He seems too act very much like a Crystal Meth or Speed freak IMO.
He obviously knows nothing about Honor in Office.
We had our Mayor here in Detroit(Kilpatrick) pull some similar stunts but Nothing quite as Lavaish as this guys Media tour.
Just goes too show there are nuts in Both Parties.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Crazy huh?
It almost turns Blago into a sympathetic figure.
I don't know what to think. I was on the Crazy Blago bandwagon at first.
But maybe his unusual reactions are due to him being cornered with no where to go but out.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The entire interview (sorry for still being a dumb blonde) still can't get the link thing down pat! Ha! Anyway, it was a bunch of "I can't comment on that yet." answers, and alot of "woe is me" statements.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Fixed it for you dear.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What it sounds like to is that he's not being impeached for selling a senate seat but for other things. It's hard to listen at times because of the shouting.

They are just trying to find a way to oust him. What they are doing is illegal isn't it?

Guilty or not, he should get his rights. If this can happen to a Governor it could easily happen to the little guy. People should consider this.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure David.
It appears that the rules of impeachment are different than if he was being tried
in a standard court. So he's taken his defense to the more powerful governing body, known as mainstream media. Suddenly I am a lot more interested!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thank you kind sir!

new topics

top topics

join