It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Under Fire for Not Wearing Black Designers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
As far as I'm concerned blogs that contain information such as this are fine.

I agree. I have never complained about blogs being used in this way. That information can be substantiated by many sources.

MSNBC

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

Fear among the black community, huh? Taken out of context or not, Michelle still alludes to the fact that she believes that the black vote will catapult her husbands numbers higher - and that's based on skin color. Since when have blacks ever been afraid to do anything?

And then there's that whole deal about attending Rev. Wright's church for a long period of time, soaking up his questionable sermons on black anger and hatred for America.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

George Carlin @ 4 minutes sums up why she doesn't wear black designers and didn't think twice about it.

SHE DOESN'T GIVE A # ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. She doesn't know you exist.

"It's a big club! AND YOU AIN'T IN IT!"

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Fear among the black community, huh?

Yes. Fear of hoping. Fear that, once again, a black person just isn't good enough.

Taken out of context or not, Michelle still alludes to the fact that she believes that the black vote will catapult her husbands numbers higher - and that's based on skin color.

Yes. But that doesn't mean that what she said makes her racist. She figured that the overwhelming number of black people in the country who were supporting Hillary were doing so because, while many of them would LOVE to support Barack, they didn't think the possibility could become a reality and didn't want to waste their vote.

Since when have blacks ever been afraid to do anything?

Since they've been here. Try living a year in the shoes of a black person and you'll see why many have a fear of possibility.

And then there's that whole deal about attending Rev. Wright's church for a long period of time, soaking up his questionable sermons on black anger and hatred for America.

I'm not going to go through every concern you have about Michelle Obama and try to calm the rumors that are circling in your head. That's really up to you. You're going to believe what you WANT to believe.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Perhaps, if she was decked out in FUBU this wouldn't be an issue

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join