It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Charged With Impersonating An Officer In Chicago (Boy Goes On An Adventure & Tricks Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ABC reports "Chicago police say a 14-year-old boy has been charged with impersonating a police officer after he allegedly dressed up in a regulation uniform and reported for duty at a South Side police station. The boy worked with a partner in a squad car overnight."

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

Unbelievable!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
that takes some cohones

great story

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
lol

If the kid doesn't have a criminal record it's obvious what he wants to be when he "grows up"

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I really love how they down-play the situation by saying the boy "did not write tickets" and there was "no information to indicate that he [was] ever behind the wheel."

It must be really embarassing to be a Chicago cop right about now.

more

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Living in the Chicago-ish area and being a frequent visitor to family who lives in the city, I'm almost not surprised. Hubby and I were talking about this happening earlier today and I told him that at some point you have to wonder if they shouldn't just cut the kid a paycheck and tell him to come back for a guaranteed open position on the force once he's of age. If, as a 14 year old, this boy was able to fake it well enough to not fall under suspicion for around 5 hours or so, he must have been doing the job as well as any legitimate officer from that district station. He deserves a paycheck it sounds like.

Not that I approve of what he did, but I am definitely amused by it on one hand and just a little bit horrified on the other hand. I would be uncomfortable being a resident of this area knowing that my police department had been able to be fooled so thoroughly. What happens next time when it isn't some seemingly well meaning kid?

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

I don't know if anyone has touched on the liability issues.

Can you imagine the City of Chicago getting involved in a major lawsuit in the event this kid had gotten involved in a gunfight during that 5 hour period?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Already a topic posted on this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Beat you by some 8 hours.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I haven't personally heard anything about liability issues, but I haven't had the TV or radio on at all today. I'll have to ask hub unit if he heard any conversations about it and in the meantime I plan to go see if I can find anything online.

Luckily, it sounds like he didn't have a gun with the comment about an empty holster mentioned in the article you linked to, but just the idea isn't very comforting a thought. Then again, Chicago is certainly no stranger to lawsuits and bad press due to the abuses of some of its legitimate officers. This would just be one more in a string of others. Not really knowing anything about the kid other than what the article reveals, it is just as likely that he might have handled that situation better than a real officer anyhow.

I am definitely glad that I'm not the one who has to explain why I was fooled by this kid!
Take care,
Cindi

[edit on 1/26/2009 by Glencairn]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
...not to mention the security concerns.
What if this has been some Islamic Fundamentalist radical terrorist driving around dressed as a cop for 5 hours?

Who knows what secured areas he would have had immediate access to.

new topics

top topics

join