It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien's have a god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Maybe someone can enlighten me as i ask a serious but 'out there' question:

Do Extra Terrestrials believe in God or Religion ? If yes/no what makes you think so ?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by avail]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by avail

I'll bite. I'm not any type of expert on this so forgive me if i'm wrong; but have we ever seen a civilization that didn't have a large population spring up that believed in some type of God? I know it's basicly illegeal in China, but there is the Tibetans and the Falen Gong there, who believe in something spiritual. So my guess would be yes, they probably have different ideas on it and even have had wars and everything else over it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If they have any common sense and have left behind mysticism and supernatural thinking then no,they wont have a personal god.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'll bite. I'm not any type of expert on this so forgive me if i'm wrong; but have we ever seen a civilization that didn't have a large population spring up that believed in some type of God? I know it's basicly illegeal in China, but there is the Tibetans and the Falen Gong there, who believe in something spiritual. So my guess would be yes, they probably have different ideas on it and even have had wars and everything else over it

Ahh yes well said , i think you're on to something there.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Please don't ever type like that again. Also are you saying Tibetans are aliens?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey,

You've got to remember that not all religions are monotheistic faiths that believe in one god, in fact some religions have no gods at all. For example Daoism, Buddhism (Thervada, Pure Land, Zen) and Jainism. These religions are probably going to be closest to what I imagine an alien race would follow, religions that teach how to exist in this universe how to live wholesomely. Though we obviosely cannot discount other faiths that do follow a Godhead, as we cannot 100% disprove the existence of such a being, no matter how hard people huff and puff. For all we know other races may have a direct contact with such a being and be able to verify its existence. Who knows? But whatever the faith of any alien civilizations, I believe thay wil have some form of spirituality as spirituality is one of humanities driving forces. It encompasses everything and is the starting point of so much of our culture, I just cannot imagine a race that has no thoughts, feelings or knowlege of anything spiritual. Surely every living being has tought about what happens when our lives come to an end? That is a spiritual question. Lol, its one of the biggest. But again, i'm only human so i suppose my imagination is limited to an extent. There may be races that have zero, zilch and zero spirituality at all. But, in my opinion, that would mean that it was a race pretty much devoid of curiosity of the world and space around them and that would make them pretty basic.

Just my opinion,

EC

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
God is everything that is unknown.

I suppose it depends on how much the aliens know.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Please don't ever type like that again. Also are you saying Tibetans are aliens?

What? Isn't the font big enough for you?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is my view on your topic .

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

this is my view on your topic .

Actually , your topic asks the question : Do planets have souls ? I'm simply asking if people think ET's have a religion or a god.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not sure if advanced aliens adhere to dogmatic religions really. Maybe they have found a way to combine the spiritual with the scientific and discovered it belonged together all along.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think that the OP raises a very pertinent question, one that will ultimately lead to an advancement in man's place in the universe. This is not some diatribe of spiritual significance but one of simple reason.

Throughout history we have had a concept of Earth. Until relatively recently the common thought was that Earth was flat, a surface that one could fall off should you venture too far. Because of the Earth centric thought, lots of ideas were then promoted concerning the zone that surrounded our "flat" Earth, the solar system and the universe beyond.

In recent times we have determined (to the satisfaction of most people!) that the Earth is a rough sphere, we have determined how it orbits about the Sun rather than the other way around.

The point is, science and the advancement in knowledge has lead us to revise our concept of the Earth. So should it be with God.

We are currently in a time where the concept of God is largely the product of religion. Perhaps we will start to see a different concept of God emerge and gain popularity as we are weaned off religion and toward a science based understanding of the universe at large and of creation itself.

Once we can move away from a concept of God that dictates how we, as a species, act then we can start to consider what God actually is. Morality plays no part in the concept of a True God. Surely we can acknowledge that a concept of God can be the "sum of all things"? We must not look at this OP with preconceptions of what God means to others (i.e. aliens) or indeed what it means to us right now.

In spite of the spiritualistic claptrap that abounds, can we not consider that the concept of an omnipotent God is the very presence of the universe itself, of every particle within it? Also, expanding this, the concept that the universe itself is actually an entity within a series.

Once we remove God from the arena of archaic belief and stricture, then we open the concept up to a scientific discipline that, in the future, may allow human beings to acknowledge their place within *everything*. Perhaps then, we will be closer to God and as far away from religion as we can get.

EDIT: Spelling... you wouldn't think that there was a preview option would you... ;-)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i am sorry . i this theory planets are godlike creatures . i didn't mention that .

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The point is, science and the advancement in knowledge has lead us to revise our concept of the Earth. So should it be with God.

Wow , such a great post. You sir deserve 100 stars.
You make a very good point. In order to fully understand our universal neighbors , isn't it time that perhaps we try to understand what their beliefs are?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Deity worship seems so primitive. If the beings from other planets have advanced civilization and technology, why would they need to worship deities?

It's something humans created to subjugate each other.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I agree entirely Avail, I think that if we consider God beyond human consciousness and certainly without reversion to the "primacy" of mankind even on Earth, then we can perhaps begin to understand what God may be.

Typically, we associated "intelligence" to "our" Gods, but surely we can look beyond intelligence as a measure of "human" thought applied to an omnipotent being.

Intelligence is a misnomer in this concept, rather, we should consider the eventuality of all things, working in a infinite symbiotic relationship (Gravity anybody) as signatures of a creation beyond complete comprehension.

I can conceive of an alien race, much more advanced in terms of understanding of science, that realises the nature of their presence within the universe and so adhere to a cultural movement of not just "co-existence" with the physical universe but a real assimilation into the very fabric of the universe as a whole.

The paradoxical acknowledgement that every finite particle and presence is interconnected with the infinite whole. This is not spiritualistic mumbo jumbo but scientific reality. Gravity working on all particles, particles that instantaneously exhibit reactive behaviour to effects in other particles, violating principles of causation.

We are on the first rungs of truly understanding the universe, we may have the knowledge to reject religion but let us not be so quick to reject "God". Surely we can get no closer than *fully* understanding the universe?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes. I mean i am an atheist and think religion is quite primitive , but that doesn't stop advanced races having some kind of spiritual connection or belief in some form of 'God' does it now? I think we would be ignorant to think otherwise. Good to see you know where i am coming from SugarCube. =)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This is a much more complex issue than simple "deity worship". Yes, I 100% agree that religion is a man-made creation, totally and undeniably and yes, ostensibly to create control of others at various times. Mankind has been burdened with this and it has retarded us in our search for knowledge and understanding of the universe.

That is why we must remove the link between religion, worship, deification, moral judgement and all of those other negative concepts, with the idea of God as a scientific reality.

Perhaps the best analogy I can make is that God will be the product of a wholly unified theory of creation - unlikely for the next thousand years. God will be the quintessence of this notion, the universe acting as a whole and as every point particle.

OK, so we choose another way of describing it, but there should always be a clear separation between this concept and that of religion. The two are diametrically opposed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well several interviews with different people who claim to have been in contact with other life have laid claim that they are very spiritual beings and death does not concern them.

These people claim that they believe the body is just a vessel and they have eluded to them possibly believing in re-incarnation on a spiritual level.

That being said they never said whether they believe in a god or not per-say just that their very spiritual beings.

Don't remember which video's it was all in but do remember Mr. X mentioning it in his first video I believe it was. There was another video and all I remember of it is that it showed a black and white scene of aliens killing some base guards due to a misunderstanding (re-creation obviously) and I believe it was mentioned in that one as well. I know there's more but I've seen so many I can't even begin to remember them all.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think that this is a very good point and we have to consider the "human centric" concept of "reincarnation". It is proposed as a fact that matter cannot be created or destroyed, only changing form.

It is anecdotal to note that when we die our bodies are burnt or destroyed by bacteria as we lay in the ground, or corrupted even through a process of mummification. However, those particles are released to be reused by other things.

Our cells are created as a process of ingesting molecules from what we eat, what we eat has previously existed as an animal or some plant. Those animals and plants in turn have absorbed materials from what they have ingested. It is one big cycle and from a "particle" perspective "reincarnation" clearly exists as the continuity of existence from one organism to another.

Mankind likes to consider himself above the process and maintain that we retain a "knowledge", a soul that transcends the physical being. Well, maybe this is so, but the concept itself within the confines of what we already know is a reality.

So parts of you end up in the worms and the grass and the birds and the trees. In the scale of the universe no man matters, just the continuity of "being". Death is only significant to the human form, not necessarily to the state of "being" to the Universe or even the Earth.

Once we have progressed beyond that fears that religion has instilled in us over thousands of years then perhaps we won't find our place in the cycle of existence so frightening any more.

Personally, I quite like the idea of being absorbed into a tree.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join