It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien's have a god?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We die , we are buried , we turn to pulp , we sink in to the ocean , we are absorbed by the sun , we are rocketed at light speed through the universe ... sounds like fun to me. No wonder aliens don't fear death , who would want miss the ride of your life. xD

ps. being a tree would be great lol.

Anyway jokes aside yes clearly i'm referring to the Almighty power that bounds the universe together and if there isn't such a thing , than the next best thing is a good enough answer for me. Be it some being or forum of energy.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
dammit! accidentally posted same post twice. my bad.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by avail]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its an interesting topic in my opinion and i am not expecting anyone to come up with an answer really, good to hear some of your opinions. Its a tough one i know.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by avail

The point is, science and the advancement in knowledge has lead us to revise our concept of the Earth. So should it be with God.

Wow , such a great post. You sir deserve 100 stars.
You make a very good point. In order to fully understand our universal neighbors , isn't it time that perhaps we try to understand what their beliefs are?

I think the point misses altogether. It implies that there can only be advancement towards god through science (i agree with the knowledge part). Since we cannot detect, only infer God today, this means that the concept of God can't be revised. Also, I don't think there is anything new going on in religion. Even the occult and stuff has been around since sumeria, and predates christianity and islam. It is very difficult for me to believe any institution (religious or secular) can function for any appreciable length of time without distorting facts towards an agenda. Science doesn't escape this generalization, nor does religion (e.g. man-made global warming, the occultism of christianity, etc.).
I think what we really need is suspension of judgement, because it's my belief that spirituality can't be reached unless we look inside of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh.. yeah sorry just because i only copied that little bit doesn't mean i was referring to only that line , i meant his WHOLE post made a good point.

I see what you mean now looking back , maybe my mind was still focusing on the main topic

[edit on 26-1-2009 by avail]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dan Sherman, who claims to have been part of a government program for communicating with ET's, also claims to have had a conversation about religion with an ET.

He said that he asked the ET, "Does God exist?"

And the ET answered (roughly): "That is not for me to say. I will say this: The question answers itself."

Take that how you will.

I figure it means that if we can imagine that God exists, then He does.

BTW the interview with Dan Sherman where he says this is on the Project Camelot web site.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by OuttaHere]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The point I was making is that science leads us to derive proofs and theories that may be substantiated and so lead to knowledge within a given objective framework. Sure, science has its "fringes" where belief is manifest as a conviction just as religion, however, that belief can be measured against demonstrable evidence which can then change preconceived conclusions.

In this, we will be able to get closer to a concept of a supreme "being" rather than through religion. By striving to create an objective view of God which includes an implicit relationship with all particles and forms of the universe then we move toward real understanding by mankind.

Spirituality may be an effect rather than a cause - does it cause us to understand the universe or by understanding the universe do we become spiritual? That spirituality is then subjective as it depends on the framework within which it is obtained. A neophyte within a given religion would perhaps consider themselves more likely to be on spiritual journey than they would consider a student of quantum physics.

However, the end result may be the same in terms of affinity with the universe so neither can be judged against each other excepting those attributes which are simply an extension of human control. Religion is full of directives that seek to guide humans in a purely moral sense, however, at least science can be determined to be objective in spite of a political consensus against it.

Absolutism cannot truly be applied to anything - and in contrast to religion, science has regard for this in that it can be held accountable and shown to be wrong and corrected as applicable.

Yes, since the dawn of man, humankind as looked out and wondered what it all means. My thesis is that only in determining an objective answer to *the sum of everything* can we begin to come close to understanding what God means outside of a primitive human perspective.

Using the "self" as a starting point to understand God reinforces the concept of the primacy of man; in contrast a True God would be a unified solution to *all things* and part of the same concept as the operation of bees, rocks and trees and planets and stars and of time itself within the great scheme of things. Then perhaps, we will be a step closer to understanding the concept of the supreme being.

By looking into the souls of men all we see is the primitive ape looking back, from which we then define spirituality in terms of human experience and emotion rather than looking outward to understand the bigger picture which *can only then* be applied introspectively.

A True God doesn't love or hate, doesn't get angry or happy. A True God just "is" by definition and effect of "all"

As the saying goes, "The Truth Is Out There..."

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
god and sience are both paths to the same awnsers in my opinion

i.e
gods made the sun we understod that the sun was needed for us to be alive evan back when they eygiptians or myans were around.

today we no what the sun is and we no how it works yet we still have the same awnser in the end we need that big ball of fire to keep us alive.

the north star people belived that was the gods telling them the way homeand that te gods had put that star there to help them

we now understand its just the same as our sun just in a diferent galaxy but still people without a sat nav or who are lost can use it to get home.

there just little examples i cant think of any more atm but i hope people get what i have said

so my point is evan if aliens had a god it woud not mean that its a primative way to look at life or the univers just a diferent 1

if i make no sence ignore me im dislesic find it hard to get my points across on papper

peace batch x

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by batch

I think I get what you are saying Batch, and I would use your ideas in support of my own theory that I have proposed here. Human understanding has "developed" the concept of God by virtue of interaction with the real world. This was readily understood in ancient times when Gods were a metaphor for the meaning of forms in the physical world, from tree spirits to gods of thunder.

Those Gods provided a link to the self in that they often portrayed human characteristics. However, as this concept evolves then we must consider a God without human characteristics, rather, those displayed by the natural world and the universe about us.

This is a huge task for mankind, rooted in religious philosophies that often specifically relate to control and has been stated before, subjugation. Religion is a political tool even now but certainly in earlier times.

I like what you've said batch.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My Theory is that the aliens i am thinking of(the ones who abduct) believe Technology to be there god

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gods worshiped by trillions of beings in billions of galaxys..........

Reporter "do you aliens have a god"

Alien "no we don’t believe in a god"

Reporter "so what your saying is there is no such thing as god."

Alien "no not at all. There are many worlds and many civilizations and many like yours believe in gods. But there is not just one true god, there are many true gods, and the wisest and most successful of civilisations except this, as we do even as non believers."

And Muslims, Christians and Catholics all wept together flinging their arms around each other finally accepting one and other.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

I think what we really need is suspension of judgement, because it's my belief that spirituality can't be reached unless we look inside of ourselves.

In my world, you have it. I have studied different religeious ideas and think there is a lot of good ideas, but no one idea seems to have all the answers. I respect your belief, or non belief as it is, but I know in myself that there is a force looking out for me and guiding me when I ask for help. I don't care what he/she/it is called, I am just thankfull I have it.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by avail

There is always one step up.. At one time we started in caves..
And if a man would to come in contact with these cave dwellers that had bows and swords.. would they not seem like Gods?

A man makes a hut.. And meets a man who builds a house made of steel.
The man who makes the house out of steel and has a gun seems like a god to that man who makes huts and uses a bow..

The man who uses a gun and meets a man who uses high energy weapons seems like a God to those who only use bullets..
Ect ect..

So Gods to me is just another epoch step up...

A highly advanced alien race will always fight one step up..

To back track.. A man who uses a bow.. Would in essence see a man who uses an uzi to be a god..
I think that should sum up your human parameter...
God is a word.. Not a being.. one mans god, is another mans primate..

you have to be able to step outside of yourself and understand the magic of Gods is simply the next step in evolution...

Is there a True God? Well honestly thats a mental logical loop...

Lets to to a cool song by AC/DC.. Who made who.. who turned the screw.

Well to me.. there is no screw.. And god is beyond our human parameters.

WE can not understannd what God is.. but we can understand what God is not...
I hope that sheds some light.. As I claim no higher knowledge.. I am a person that has seem how insane our minds really work..

Its goes back to many old sayings that are take our minds and turn them into a cycle.. We get so far.. Only to come full circle.. And we start back to where we started...
Its called being lost, turned around and you end up where you started..

I will be as honest as possible.. NO man here knows..
But you ask a woman and she can shed some light upon that issue..

but its a rare woman that can explain this. and Im honored to meet such woman.. But its not my place to push my feelings upon you..
Take my words and then its up to you to make up your own damn mind on the subject..

So to asnwer your question.. NON of us really know.. We are children..
and children can dream can't we??? Sure children see more than some adult.. But adults have a small edge become most of adults are so jaded..

the very young ones of this world are mostly not jaded, and have pure thoughts... We need to ask a child what they think about such things..

But then here we go catch 22.. the kid only knows what the parents teach them... IF I ever had a child.. I would allow them the chance to explore their feelings and allow them to tell me.. What do you think?

But kids only know about aliens from what we teach them.. Hence we taint any truth they might hold.. WE have a long ways to go before we can even Fathom what God really is..
As God is only a word in the human context..
Its fun to romance such Ideas.. but in all truth.. We just dont know yet.
Its beyond our parameters..and for a good reason.
If man kind where to understand God fully.. Then we would become like Gods right hand angel luficer.. Thast the whole story behind that fallen angel.. That being started to understand this.. If God is here.. then who made that God.. Prehaps thats why lucifer questioned Gods throne..
But that too is a catch 22.. If God is all mighty and powerful.. why not just sit down with that fallen angel and have a good long talk and work things out .. . this whole casting this right hand angel out of heaven is always the part that made me think twice about Gods true powers...
And not God as the god as we try to understand.. But mans god.. And how men treat those who try to take their power..
To me God is beyond power.. The God they speak of would have no need to cast that energy out of heaven.. As God would have the power to make everything to go back to the way it was...
You see thats the problem I have when it comes to the bible..

So aliens might have other beings that make them like those lowly humans who only use bows and arrows.. VS using guns and cannons..
Its all a step in epochs. Such as us vs ants and insects..

NOt all beings in this universe are the same size.. Some beings may be so big.. We are but germs to them.. While we are so big.. other beings are like germs to us.. And thats atleast provable.. through science..

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, George Adamski said that they do believe in a greater power.

But I think the question should be, do they kill each other over their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by avail

Alien's WHAT has a god??

YOU put an apostrophe in the title, so it denotes a possessive. So, again, the Alien's WHAT has a god?

The Alien's children? Its other family members? WHAT is your question?

The Alien's furniture? The Alien's home?

OH! I get it....you were trying to use the common plural!!! Oh well, in that case, you would write it as "Aliens have a god?"

But, I'll go one step further....that is not a complete sentence.

Just as 'Got Milk?' is not a complete sentence. However, as an advertising slogan, it carries some weight.

Here's a gentle suggestion, for future reference. Your proper title should have read "Do Aliens have a god?"

OK...past that, now on with the premise. The concept of a 'god' (I noticed that you, as I, put it in small case letters) is intriguing. I would assume that a sufficiently advanced species will have moved on, to have grown out of the ridiculous belief in a 'god', as they learned more about science.

I mean, in order to know enough science to be able to travel thousands of what we call light-years, one would have to be able to break away from such religious nonsense.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If Science Fiction is any indication (not saying that it is) then it is very possible that the aliens may have some form of religion.

In "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke the aliens actually looked like Demons and they worshipped a being that they called the "Overmind", an omnicient and omnipresent being, which was similar to some of our own concepts of God.

In Methusela'a Children by Robert Heinlein, the aliens worshipped something very strange, so strange that it caused several human characters to lose their minds.

Now coming back to contemporary alien abduction reports. The Grey's are reported to serve and revere a being that is described as a 9 foot tall Preying Mantis. Many abducties report that while the Grey's disturbed them, the Mantis being terrified them. The Grey's obedience to this being could be described as a type of worship. So, who knows? The Grey's may have a god that speaks to them and travels with them.

Aside from this, who knows what an alien mind would do? What would they value? What would they worship? It's a good question and one that we humans should contemplate.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

lunarminer....I'm familiar with the authors you've mentioned.

Please do NOT confuse fear with reverence.

I've seen too many religions try to 'rule' by fear. It is, sadly, a Human trait....to use 'fear' as a controlling device. Hence, 'religion'!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Gods worshiped by trillions of beings in billions of galaxys..........

Reporter "do you aliens have a god"

Alien "no we don’t believe in a god"

Reporter "so what your saying is there is no such thing as god."

Alien "no not at all. There are many worlds and many civilizations and many like yours believe in gods. But there is not just one true god, there are many true gods, and the wisest and most successful of civilizations except this, as we do even as non believers."

And Muslims, Christians and Catholics all wept together flinging their arms around each other finally accepting one and other.

LOL, but first, we would have to get them to believe in Aliens ROFL

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by A NeWorlDisorder
God is everything that is unknown.

I suppose it depends on how much the aliens know.

actually the term "God" is defined as everything known And unknown

"God is everywhere and everywhere is God"

this is not mystical or supernatural

its just simple math

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh right , my mistake. I think i was trying to spice things up by making the claim in the title that , infact , Aliens HAVE a god! (click to find out more!) Lol.
I will change it if possible , and the plural Alien's was caused by lack of sleep im afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join