It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**New Mayan Information** Pole Shift Will Happen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

Hi Kettle!

Strong words are responded to by strong actions - normally. The exception to that rule is when the delusion is so thick that nothing but the delusion can be seen. That is the case for the vast majority of the world (reflected strongly by this forum - I was expecting the exception to be present, sadly disappointed), only able to see and think inside of their 3D environment. A big shift in perception is necessary in order for the common consciousness to realise that the box is a bit bigger and to let go of the fear that is both creating a self-fulfilling prophecy as well as binding the mindset to 3D. We are multi-dimensional creatures and if we could see that, then the world would be a different place, because the basic laws that govern in 3D are fight or flight, whilst in higher dimensions, it's unity and harmony.

Time is short.

You can ban me now, I don't relate here and doubt anyone relates to me.

cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

I wrote a pihlosophy book and just recently gave it to a mentor of mine who was trying to encourage me while I was down in spirit. He read it and said just follow exactly what you have been writing. I told him I didn't even believe I wrote it. He said because I was a vessel.

Perhaps, many have visions or prophecies about things that have no reflection of their own lives. You not buying that these people could not predict their own demise is like saying there were in control of picking their own visions or prophecies...

I think prophecies come to those who take the time to acknowledge them.
And the order of the universe is too complex for us to point fingers at those who don't see their own destruction.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by monami

always got time for a free thinker ...
a star for you

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This world is run on logic and science, not prophets and magic, as much as that disappoints some folks.

There is 0 scientific evidence of anything specific occurring in 2012. Some freak event could happen — anything is possible — but there is nothing definitive in the works for 2012. You have to keep in mind a few things. First, this is ALL based on a single calendar that the Mayans created, using other references as well as their own ingenuity. Nostradamus did not predict a 2012 event. There is nothing else out there. Not even the Mayans predicted anything! Even if they had, their own culture and beliefs at the time would make any predictions of that nature very suspect. Why would they not just make a prediction, instead of making a calendar with the hopes that everyone realizes that the end of their long count age means a major event for the planet?

They didn't even know about planets and suns.. to them, those were gods.

Their calendar was based on principles that had nothing to do with how long it took a killer 'god' to fly by our planet. All the 2012 theories are based on wild guesswork, and a lot of superstition and bad research. There isn't a single logical, scientifically based theory out there that makes sense.

If I were lacking in moral fiber, I think I'd make some 2012 survival 'kits' and sell them for profit. Clearly, there are some rather gullible people out there.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yup, because logic and science said the earth was flat, and that if you traveled far enough you'd fall off the edge into nothingness? People rely too much on science as it is. Science created the world around us all at this time, nothing more needs to be said on that. People don't understand that our logic and science doesn't even hold water to what our logic and science will be in the next 100 years. The point is, science is based on physical discovery, physical being the operative word. Until it happens the science world says it doesn't exist or is impossible, because, they haven't seen it yet. Which is all fine, it helps us achieve miracles and understand on a physical level the world around us. We need science. But, we are all "stupid" in the eyes of what is really there and possible. Things are being discovered everyday, be those discoveries true or false, that just the day before was thought to not exist or be possible.

I get a kick out of reading forums like this, mind you I have a grade 9 education and poor vocabulary, but I enjoy reading these sites and laughing at the ignorance and small mindedness of some of the people here. The facts are that we as a species on this planet don't know (fecal mater) all. And it really is a shame to think that we do know everything.

Why CAN'T any of these events stated above, below, on other sites, all over the world, be possible, hmmmm why can't they be possible? What governs the state of what is possible and what isn't? You see, my simple mind works on the premise that if my mind can think about it, then it must be possible, in some place, some when, some where, for how would it be possible to think about something that can't be possible.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
...nearly all that has been said about mayan prediction is completely false and the mayans themselves have came out and said so!!!!

the real truth is to be wriiten by the myans themselves and released to the world in the next couple of years. every one of the 400 mayan tribal leaders will be signing the book for aunthentictity.

Sounds interesting.

Are there any links where I can follow this up?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
If you forward the Video to the 33minute mark you will jump right into the section where he discusses the information that the Mayan's have given him about the coming physical pole shift THEY ARE NOW SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN .... watch the whole interview to get an appreciation for the special bond he has with the Mayan elders.

Which is interesting because it's not a Mayan belief. The indigenous Mayans never heard of these apocalyptic things until tourists started showing up in the area, asking about them.

In this interview in Sedona in May of 2008, we talk with Drunvalo about what he sees is coming in the near future and how most of the Hopi and Mayan prophecies concerning 2012, have not come from the Hopis and Mayans themselves.

And that part is absolutely correct. The Hopis never had any predictions about the future, because of the original cultural belief that anyone who saw the future was a "witch" (this is a sort-of translation of their word) and was evil. The inscriptions of the Mayans don't indicate anything about a spiritual awakening in 2012. Nor a pole shift.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This man "knows" Mayan elders????? That sounds a little wierd considering the Mayan all dissapeared without a trace many years ago. What is the deal, is that not true? Are they still around? Or is this guy just saying that so people will listen to him? Who knows! I do believe something is coming, but it is strange to me that this ONE man knows these Mayans.........

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

there ain't no power in the natural world to effectely prevent a magnetic shift of such scale.

in will be out,up will be down deep will be high and high will be deep.

I assume you have proof of this happening in the past. Please relieve me and provide the proof or risk continued disbelief in this sudden pole shift theory. I prefer the use of science in the proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
This man "knows" Mayan elders????? That sounds a little wierd considering the Mayan all dissapeared without a trace many years ago. What is the deal, is that not true? Are they still around? Or is this guy just saying that so people will listen to him? Who knows! I do believe something is coming, but it is strange to me that this ONE man knows these Mayans.........

Lots of people know the Mayans. They didn't disappear; they were just conquered. There's a whacking huge pile of anthropologists who have lived among them, learned their ceremonies, and talked to their elders and learned about the "keepers of time"... who keep the ceremonial calendars.

Hit scholar.google.com and google for Mayan culture. You can find books about the Mayans moving to California and how they struggle to integrate their culture into modern culture. There are hundreds of books and thousands of papers on them by people who lived among them and talked with them.

I would say that he knows some Mayans. I would say that they call themselves "Elders". I would also say that they have been innundated with tourists since the 1960's -- tourists seeking enlightenment -- and that there is a whole cottage industry of doing weird (and inauthentic) ceremonies to satisfy these tourists (and therefore get lots of money.)

I don't know if he's part of this scam, but if Mayan Elders start "confirming" Nibiru and his view of 2012, then either he's lying to people or they're lying to him and it's all in the name of money.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just started reading this thread and have to agree somewhat with what Fleabit posted above.I'm a firm believer in "common sense" ie. "logic". Let's think back to their time. They didn't have 8-5 jobs. You woke up,layed around ,got something to eat and thought "Let's see,what am I going to do today?" Well, the hut needs a little work done on it or the path to the neighbors needs cleared off or I can go help the other guys build that new temple down the road. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Now in every community, there's always that lazy bum that doesn't want to do anything and just goes and sit on a rock and tries to hide from everyone. One day this fella gets caught just loafing around and is asked what he is doing? He has to come up with something that they're going to buy or he's going to have to do some work, gods forbid! So he tells them, "I was looking at the sun and it doesn't seem to be in the same place as it was at this time a week ago. I think something is up!" They look at him in disbelief and say 'What?" So he says "look wher the sun is at right now and come back in a week and I'll show you what I mean." Now he's in a deliema. He bought him self another week but he's going to have to come up with something then other wise he's going to have to work on that big temple down the road. To make things look good, he puts a stick in the ground pointing at the sun. A week later when the tribe comes back to see if he is just full of it, he puts another stick in the ground pointing at the sun and to his surprise it's pointing in another direction. The tribe's people are amazed by this. They tell him that he's very observant and they creat a new job as "sky observer" just for him! Thus a new profession is born. Now this gentleman is stuck with this new job and he has to show something to the tribe or he's going to stuck hauling rocks to that damn temple down the road. Well to his astonishment, he does notice that things do move in the sky and starts writing these things down. He notices that things are moving at different speeds,dissappearing and then reappearing. I'm sure he's thinking "What did I get myself into?" He thinks "How can I make this easier? I know,I'll put all my findings together and maybe I'll be able to tell where the sky will be next time they ask." Thus their calender was born!
Now on to 2012, all of these cycles rotate with no beginning or ending. Some cycles may meet at the same time while not meeting other cycles at their time and visa-versa but eventually all the cycles will meet at their starts at the same time. So 2012 is nothing but the end/beginning of the huge overall cycle of everything period.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Some time ago, I was given to understand from a spiritual source, that there were to be a series of events leading up to the pole shift, and one of those was to be a major change to Earth’s magnetic field.

We might have expected that something so serious would have been covered in depth by the mainstream media, but I missed it if it ever was shown. So after a Google search, I came up with a NASA report entitled: ‘A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field’ dated 16th December 2008

Apparently Solar wind flows in through the huge opening and the strange and unexpected way in which the breach forms overturns long held ideas of space physics.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hmm, at first it was interesting but towards the end all i could hear was "buy the book or die".

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If there is nothing to the 2012 hooplah then fantastic for us. But to dismiss possiblity is not healthy practice, neither is holding science as your bread and butter. The best example(however poor) that remains with me is a poster I read as a child....stating the the size and thickness of the wings of a honeybee are not aerodynamically sufficient to support flight of a body their size, yet they fly. Also to my understanding their have been pole shifts before, as it was explained that when lava has yet to cool, sitting in pools waiting to become solid rock, any iron particles that are present will align themselves with the active poles at that time. If I recollect properly there were examples found in Alaska demonstrating 4 different pole position, not to limit but that was the example i heard. The Mayans were conquered, and religious oppression destroyed the majority of any documents of their daily beliefs. And so the explanations that exist are questionable at best. Of what little that is observable thier calendar stands as an accomplishment that has proven reliable for generations. What evidence is there to show this as an oddity? They have been scattered, not destroyed and any legitimate explanation should be welcomed. Point?, yes I have one....listen to science, but don't worship it. It changes more often then our polar orientation. Should there be a queue of catastrophes coming, when will science corroborate this?...after the fact, when it can be proven. Won't be much help then will it?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I ask you this, is this a physical pole shift or just simply a magnetic pole swap ? if the poles were to physically swap there would be nothing left due to the oceans coming to some kind of massive jolt in a reversal or 90 degree direction of 1000 miles per hour +.....end of everything on the surface....magnetic pole shift a little less dramatic.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
Drunvalo Melchizedek

Fake name. Sounds like a bad hollywood stage name. Sorry, but when someone adopts a fake name like this - straight out of the bible and all - I just can't take him seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
actually there are over 400 known existing mayan tribes throughout guatamala, mexico and belize.

pure decendants of their ancestors.

much information has surfaced regarding the mayans over the years, but none of it was said or written by the mayans themselves.

in the next year or two they shall speak to the world themselves and we will take notice

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
JUS WANTED TO ASK YOU TO DO SOME REASEARCH ON THE FOLLOWING: WHAT IS A GALATIC ALIGNMENT? WHAT EFFECT DOES IT HAVE ON THE EARTH? THEN DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHAT EFFECTS THE STAR SIRUS HAS ON THE JUNCTION OF LAND AND SEA. CHECK THE SKY - IS SIRUS IN THE SKY? CAN YOU LOCATE IT?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
They simply died out which is why they stopped writing there calendar.

My thoughts exactly. It's like if the world now dies out, our calendars will quit being made too. Does that mean that whatever calendar that has the latest year on it will predict the year that the world will end? Nope.

I do believe the Mayans were a smart people, but I don't believe they knew the year the earth will end. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I found this comic and found it pretty funny and pretty much covers what others here are saying in regards to the mayan calendar

top topics

<< 1   >>

join