It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

home invasion thwarted by armed citizen.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

What you said about grandpa`s day is correct. But, even with all the new tech. we have does not mean the collective mind will not be able to stop it. And that is the point to all of this....is the collective mind. I believe there is enough collective mind out here to stop these things, and as you can see, it has already started to. Look at the disclosure that is taking place at this time. And it will keep on growing. Look at the slime that is being shown to the world that goes on in politics and the banking world. Not many wanted to see it with their heads buried, but it now is being shown to them even if they are not willing to look. As I stated above, we are only going to make this as rough as we want it to be. I believe Gandhi had the answer to it all. Through peacful revolution. We can do the same thing by telling the powers that be, no thankyou to what you want us to do and pay for with all of these bailout plans. Just don`t pay into it with your tax money.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by vor78

I googled and found the answer to my question..The vast majority of illegal guns on the streets originate with "Straw Purchases"

Great link and explanation of how the illegal gun trade works...for anyone interested in where illegal guns originate.

www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org...

“Straw purchases are so easy it’s a no-brainer. Why buy a hot
gun on the street when you can easily do a straw purchase?”
— Former Miami gang member

This report presents findings from an investigation into one of the main ways criminals get guns: Straw purchases (when one person poses as the buyer of a gun that is actually for someone else).

A teenager is more likely to die from a gunshot than from all natural
causes of death combined. This is unacceptable in America.” 1
— President George W. Bush, 2001

“Virtually every crime gun in the United States starts off as a legal firearm,” according to then-Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) director Bradley Buckles in 2000.

ID REQUIREMENTS AREN’T EFFECTIVE
Traffickers can easily buy guns with false identification. Between October 2000 and
February 2001, the GAO conducted an investigation using counterfeit driver’s licenses with fake identifiers to purchase guns from licensed dealers in five states - Virginia, West Virginia, Montana, New Mexico and Arizona. Each of the five states conformed to the Brady law by requiring instant background checks and, for the most part, the dealers adhered to this requirement. However, because the purchasers used counterfeit IDs with fake identities, and because the verification procedures checked only for negative information in the database and did not verify authenticity, the GAO investigators were able to purchase guns.

GUNS STOLEN AND MISSING FROM DEALERS FEED ILLEGAL MARKET
In 2005, the ATF conducted inspections of more than 3,000 FFLs and found 12,274 firearms missing. Nearly all of the guns, 11,640, were missing from only 97 dealers. 85 This raises questions about the practices of those dealers, particularly given that the ATF has identified “significant or frequently reported firearms losses or thefts by an FFL” as “indicators of illegal trafficking.”

People on the FBI’s terroist watch list were able to buy guns in 47 out of 58 time they tried, according to the a GAO study published in 2005.

That's pure propaganda and completely false. Straw purchases account for a severe minority of illegally owned firearms in the U.S. Mostly these criminals buy guns off the black market, i.e. stolen guns. I hope readers of this thread go to keepandbeararms dot com to read more self defense stories.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

It is the collective mind that has gotten us into this mess in the first place. What we need now is not more "group think" but individualism. Too many piglets all wanting their share of the government teat. And it's the runts that suffer.

Before FDR we had families and churches and self-determination. Today we have the nanny state and "me-itis".

My grandparents would have literally starved to death before asking anyone for a handout. That's why neighbors looked after each other because no self-respecting individual would ever think to beg or to require the fruits of someone else's labor for their own use.

Now, the fruits of anyone still laboring are expected to be given to those who refuse to work. This has made all of us slaves. The laborers are slaves to the lazy class and the lazy class are slaves to the hand that feeds them.

Look around. All the "groups" in the world are clamoring for "their share". The host can only tolerate so many parasites before it gets bled dry.

I believe the goal is to destroy all the current global economies and replace it with a chip that will have the individuals level of credits programmed into it. Step out of line, think for yourself, demand a human right of any sort and your credits will be erased. Try to buy or sell then.

We almost have it now. Very few places deal in cash. Our checks are "automatically deposited" (just blips on a digital screen, nothing of actual substance); we write checks or use plastic to buy things and so on. Our economy is no longer one of "substance for substance"; it is fiat for substance.

The most abundant commodity we have on the planet is human beings and their ability to produce substance. Control that and there will be no need for any further laws, economies, "bailouts", etc.

Some of us will NOT go gently into that good night.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Your talking about a collective mind that is not in the "know". I`m talking about those who do know what is going on in this world, and CAN do something to help it through the problems. A big difference here.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

No, I'm talking about a collective mind that DOES know (or is beginning to figure out) what's going on. Man! Are they going to be P.O.'d!

I'm talking about a collective mind that has had all decision making capability removed from them (except for the illusion of decision making once every 4 years).

I'm talking about a collective mind without character, moral fortitude; nothing but an animalistic need to survive no matter the cost to it's fellows. People that will kill you for a stale potato.

I've seen such people up close, worked with them. Hell, I even married one. There are people who do not share your value system where human life is precious, where human rights are protected. They are animals who feel justified by whatever means they take to procure for themselves. You can not reason with such people.

The only "reason" or logic they understand is that if they take one more step towards the gun you're pointing at their head, you will fire. Hopefully, I will never (again) have to make such a choice but, by God, I insist on having the choice!

I will not cower and beg for the right to live peaceably or to legally acquire such goods as I deem necessary to the well-being of my family. Those who would attempt to deprive me of either will meet with my "logic".

Those attempting to harm me (and by extension, my family) or to deprive me of my legally obtained goods are telling me that my life is for their benefit, not my own. They are saying that all I have or can acquire by my life efforts are only for someone else's benefit. They are saying my life is forfeit if I disagree or protest.

When this generation can agree on a value system that does not require one human being to be sacrificed for another, then we will have peace. Until then, individuals will require having the means to insist that one human being not be sacrificed for another.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

As I said before, those are the ones who "think they know", and they don`t. I am like you, if a person insists on breaking into my home, with the intensions of stealing things, and in the process may hurt or even kill myself or a family member, then they are in for a rude presponce from me. They will not make it out the door in the same shape that they were in when they entered.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Interesting statement you have made here Whitewave..

Those attempting to harm me (and by extension, my family) or to deprive me of my legally obtained goods are telling me that my life is for their benefit, not my own. They are saying that all I have or can acquire by my life efforts are only for someone else's benefit. They are saying my life is forfeit if I disagree or protest.

I heard this sort of statement of recent in a lecture by a speaker where he stated that in a credit/fiat money system, as the system winds down, the only value a person will have is the value of thier labor. What this lecturer alluded to is that people are being cataloged according to thier very labor and skills for future reference. It was quite foreboding as to what he was alluding in his talk.

Something to think about.

Orangetom

[edit on 1-2-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Well I do find it kind of weird how some americans think it's ok to kill a guy for trying to steal their TV... It's kind of frightening because it shows how much some of you value life. (I.E. less that a TV, whats that, 100 $ for a good one ? )

That's the thing. You don't know what someone is going to do when the break into your house.

Lots of times, prior to stealing the TV, a beat down of the residents occurs, family dogs are killed, women and children are assaulted,... and then they steal the TV.

If a person breaks down my door, I am definitely shooting first and asking questions later.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Did you see the statement I made earlier?

The most abundant commodity we have on the planet is human beings and their ability to produce substance. Control that and there will be no need for any further laws, economies, "bailouts", etc.

I believe this is the goal. Trashing the global economy is just another step toward the goal of turning us all into the homosapien version of worker honey bees, producing for the royalty of the hive.

We may even be left with our "stingers" intact. The hive mind never attacks their own kind. Controlling our hearts and minds so that we think it a blessing to be part of the collective is necessary to make us willing (and glad) to do whatever the queen bee dictates as good for the collective.

Gun ownership and the willingness to use force in defense of one's life is a bold statement AGAINST the collective, the hive mind. It is an adamant declaration of defiant individualism.

My labors and the fruits of my labors are mine. My life has value (if to no one but me-it is enough) and I will not sacrifice it to line the honeycombs of some rich man's hive.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
heres another man who most surely saved his own life.
4 Armed men attempted to home invade his house, and the rest plays out on his home security cameras...

A homeowner, alerted of an impending home invasion by his security cameras, arms himself and takes matters into his hands last Thursday when four armed suspects attempt to break into his home.

The video the owner caught is incredible, and you can see it by watching the video link to the left. You see a vehicle pull up, and four men run out. One of them is carrying what appears to be an AR-15 or M-16, a weapon which could be fully automatic.

The robbery happened last Thursday in broad daylight at a home on West Vande Loo Street. All the action was caught by the homeowners outdoor surveillance system.

"The victim was able to get back inside his house, close his door, semi barricade it, reach for [a] weapon that was easily accessible," says Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Earl Gieron.

The homeowner shot at the suspects. He even put a bullet through the windshield of the suspects car, which is also caught on camera. The four men retreated and took off. All of them remain on the run.

Sheriff's officials say the homeowner has surveillance cameras installed all around his house.

www.kvoa.com...

be sure and watch the video in the link !!!

look how fast and sure they move!! something tells me this isnt the first home invasion they have done... but i bet they will think twice next time.

heres an updated link, two of the pukes were caught. the video is also in here..

www.azstarnet.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yobs butcher dog then torture owner

A disabled woman told how she was attacked in her home by knife-wielding yobs who butchered her pet dog.
Kerri Delacruz was tortured for an hour by the four youths, who slaughtered her Yorkshire terrier, Willow.

Metro Source

At least in the US a person has the chance to defend themselves when four armed (with knives) youths break into your home. Here, in the UK, we just have to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Yobs butcher dog then torture owner

A disabled woman told how she was attacked in her home by knife-wielding yobs who butchered her pet dog.
Kerri Delacruz was tortured for an hour by the four youths, who slaughtered her Yorkshire terrier, Willow.

Metro Source

At least in the US a person has the chance to defend themselves when four armed (with knives) youths break into your home. Here, in the UK, we just have to deal with it.

thats terrible. as a dog lover that makes me furious.
im glad some of my friends across the pond still understand the merits of owning firearms for self defense, some of your fellow countrymen would side with the dog butchering pukes over the homeowner.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
not sure if anyone is still reading this thread because its so long .. haha but i made a promise to bring the stories of folks who defend themselves with firearms and im keeping that promise.

IRMO, SC (WIS) - Three men accused of a botched robbery on a pizza man appeared in court Monday morning and told their version of what happened.

Officials say Jason Beckham, Carlos Dates and Justin Roundtree are charged with robbery and criminal conspiracy. The judge set bond at $250,000 each. All three of the men are being charged with robbery and criminal conspiracy.

Police say the men conspired to rob a Pizza Hut delivery man on Avery Place Lane in Irmo.

That's when they say the delivery man took out a gun and shot one of the men, 17-year-old Paul Sturgill. He later died at the hospital. An autopsy revealed Sturgill died of hypovolemic shock caused by a gunshot wound to the chest.

Authorities say the delivery man, 43-year-old Christopher Miller, is not facing any charges. He has a valid concealed weapons permit.

In court, the men charged say things didn't go as planned.

HAHA damn right things didnt go as planned

they were hoping for an unarmed lemming.

On Monday afternoon, Miller released a statement explaining his side of the story, saying to Sturgill's family how "very sorry" he was about their son's death.

Miller said he was confronted by the four men and ran off. He said Sturgill eventually caught up to him and started beating him in the head.

"Knowing that the other three would soon arrive to help him and believing I would be gravely injured or even killed, I pulled my weapon and fired two shots in self-defense," said Miller.

After the shots were fired, Miller said the other three suspects ran off and he immediately called 911.

"I believe that night all four of them meant to cause me serious harm and possibly kill me. I have delivered pizzas on and off for ten years and have worked at the store in Irmo for the past four years and this is the third time I have been robbed delivering pizzas," said Miller.

www.wistv.com...

edit: forgot link... duh

[edit on 11-3-2009 by turbokid]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping us updated.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The key point here is, "MY HOME". It's not their home, they have no right to be in it, especially if you don't know who they are. When they break into your home, they give up their right to life. Simple as that.
You're going to see alot of break-ins in the upcoming times. Be wary of door to door salesmen. If you don't know someone, and they are trying to sell something or just want to come in for a minute, DO NOT LET THEM! I've had two instances this year already where shady characters have come to my door, and asked for 30 minutes of my time, but only if they could come inside and talk. ALWAYS meet that request with a firm NO. People that insist on coming into your home to talk to you are there for one reason, and that is to scope out your "situation", making you a target for a later burglary or worse.
These are trying times, and things are only going to get worse.
If anyone breaks into your house, you have a God Given right to get them out and protect yourself by any means possible. When you're in that situation, what ifs and maybes are not your friend. The outcome has a high probability of ending in one of two ways, you dead or them dead. It's YOUR choice.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
Look at the 16,000 suicides in the states - that could have been halved if guns were not so readily available.

Like it or lump it, Europe is a Utopia in comparison. What's wrong with that?

Let me get this right; you are saying that a suicidal person who can't figure out how to kill themselves without a gun, should be allowed to live? I think they, of all people, should be terminated!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
heres a very good video of a business owner who dont take no crap!
and has the proper mindset to defend himself.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join