It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says birth control will help the economy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Why abort or prevent new tax payers in the fiorst place, especially now?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
umm...ya, why do I get the feeling that we'd get more of a stimulus if we just divided that money up between those companies that announced something to the tune of 70,000 layoffs and bribed them not to let anyone go?

If what I am hearing about this stimulus package is right, that most of this money is going right into gov't agencies, well....I don't like their plan. the best thing the government can do is stop spending so much danged money!
birth control for the poor ain't gonna do sqaut for our economic problems...

change my arse......ain't nothing gonna change, they are gonna use the "poor" as an excuse to funnel money our of our pockets and into theirs till we run out of money, then, well.....won't be no one around to help the poor.

they need to spend some time really thinking about how they can target this money so it can benefit us in the long run....
this isn't it, ya, I am all for birth control...but well, I doubt very much if them spending that much money on it is gonna even offset the lose of the jobs announced today.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This wouldn't have any positive effect on the economy until these kids are 15 and looking for a job. I would hope they plan to have the economy fixed by then. People having children in these difficult times would actually be good in the short term because one of the major problems with the economy is the lack of spending. Babies need to eat and even something as simple as buying food and clothes will stimulate the economy. Also I find it ironic that Pelosi who has 5 children of her own is telling people not to have them. Do as I say, not as I do?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
She's got a point, don't even think of having kids if you can't feed them and take care of them yourself. It is not the government's
job to pay for them. People in this country need to get over the handout mentality. I am very much pro-immigration but my recommendation would be to require new immigrants and prospective citizens to practice mandatory family planning. This is not an agrarian country and we do not need a giant class of menial labors like we did even 50 years ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Pelosi claims to be a catholic an this recent rant of hers will hopefully get her into deep snip with the staunch Catholic community.

Bishops and Cardinals, Pelosi is now fair game. Please don't hold back.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, looks like it could possibly be NIXED!

Officials: Family planning money may be dropped

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – House Democrats are likely to jettison family planning funds for the low-income from an $825 billion economic stimulus bill, officials said late Monday, following a personal appeal from President Barack Obama at a time the administration is courting Republican critics of the legislation.

Several officials said a final decision was expected on Tuesday, coinciding with Obama's scheduled visit to the Capitol for separate meetings with House and Senate Republicans.

The provision has emerged as a point of contention among Republicans, who criticize it as an example of wasteful spending that would neither create jobs nor otherwise improve the economy.

(Bold emphasis mine.) Aint that the truth!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Unbelievable that Pelosi would think that condoms and abortion would help the state or federal government save money. What is next on her agenda put the sick and elderly to death to save money. I guess you could save social security if you euthanized everyone who was over 69 years old or disabled. Good idea huh Nancy?
Real solutions to our problems require the correction of the economy. That means letting the collapse take place. Think of it as an old barn with rotten walls and roof. Do you keep bying new boards to shore it up or do you let it fall and rebuild from the ground up.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread431196/pg1#pid5706938]post by Mynaeris[/uthe rl]

Yes it's about time overpopulation is destroying this planet
China is trying to do it and the rest of the world should try as well.
but it must be done without harming people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join