It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a sign of the resistance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
just speeking hypotheticly now..If there where a situation X,is there a universl sign to show that your a freindly to the rights of americans?..Say an upside down backwards flag,like in that prison millitary movie?..Just curious..cuz if and when it does happen well have to be like the underground railroad of the 1800's..

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The current universal sign I'd say is hands up.

CX

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To be honest, having seen how untrusting people can be on this site (and rightfully so at times), i wonder who would trust a supposed sign of the resistance even if they did see it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to trust very little, i do it myself, but i think many survivalists will suffer alone before risking joining forces or sharing their skills and goodies.

I'd like to think i was wrong on that, but thats just my general opinion. Plus you have to think about the prospect of the authorities knowing what you are recognising as the sign of the resistance.

Put it this way, survivalists are not the only people that frequent these forums, so any "recognised sign" shown on a public forum....would not be one that i'd react to.

A good question btw, i'm not knocking it, but i think it's better to keep those kids of things a little less public. I think the trust issue will be such a major thing to get over if we ever saw a major need for survival in our society.

CX.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is it:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

That's hilarious! I hope that one day people walk around doing that to each other. There would be an awful lot of meat gazing though!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I don't think there is anything you have said in your prior post that I disagree with.

The second line also agrees...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well I've come across a few, below are some examples of what I personally would be looking for.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You could ask somebody if they have any tattoos. A lot of patriots are getting tattoos like "Dont tread on me" "Son of liberty" Its just something little that might work, Oh and anybody else thats shooting at the storm troopers could be considered on your side.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This thread makes it sound like there is one single "resistance movement" versus "the establishment" or something like that. I don't see any evidence that there is a unified movement of any kind at all, or even the beginnings of one.

There are a lot of people angry at the way things are going, to be sure. But most of them can't agree with each other on what should be done to the extent necessary to make any kind of organized movement or unity at all.

Before you can start talking about signs and symbols and codes, there has to be some agreeement on what these signs even stand for in the first place. I don't see even the faintest glimmerings of any kind of unified movement that would give these types of "symbols" any real meaning.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by a_Pioneer
The current universal sign I'd say is hands up.

Indeed. The resistance could just use different fingers to TPTB, and have the hand facing in the reverse direction.

[edit on 26/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
CX makes a good point.

I can't remember which one but there's a film in which the central character is tricked over a radio broadcast into believing a group of survivors exist - well there is a group of survivors however theyre intent on killing him!

Is it "I am a Legend" or maybe one of the Resident Evil's? I can't remember.

But as said, trust would obviously be an issue. The enemy could leave these signs and use it to their advanage, lure you straight to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

On a serious note I think the 'Don't Tread on Me' flag would make an excellent comeback in SHTF/SITX.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I'm pretty sure this is it:

That was too funny..But in hind sight I guess it was a very direct question that would cause a few peoples trust meters to go nuts..I geuss if the SHTF it will work out on its own..

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

A universal sign to show you are friendly to the rights of Americans.

Interesting topic, reminds of biblical times and the "Jesus Fish" that people drew.

Sadly, I can think of no way to actually do this. For starters, we all know the internet is monitored. If a forum was actually created to discuss this, the goons would be onto you. Say you pick a flag. You fly it, you get attacked.

On a small scale, say your hometown, you could try something like this via word of mouth. Say you have a group of 6 people you know that are likeminded with you. Could start something with that. Along the lines of, hey, if something ever happens and we need to tell who is with us, they should have XYZ patch on their jacket. Something along those lines.

Survivalists being paranoid to begin with, happen to know people who dont like groups. I know a dozen who wont use a computer. However, if I told my six friends in my circle and we all told those who we trusted who avoid groups, computers, etc..., we could set up a type of local underground organized resistance.

Best I can come up with, small scale, it could work, large scale forget about it, but then again, what good would it do you to know that some guy in Florida is hanging the same flag as you are to show they are like you when you live in Idaho?

new topics

top topics

join