It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis Cures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey im new so if someone has post this before sorry!

Okay i suffer from sleep paralysis quite a loy and although i know its harmless, it can be quite frightening when it happens and you cant do anything about it, so i was wondering if there are any ways in which to avoid it, eg: sleeping position etc

it would be much appreciated

oh and is it normal to be able to move your mouth eg, trying to scream yet nothing comes out, as i can actually feel my mouth move (atleast i think its moving lol)

Thank you

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Coffee, lots of coffee. Taken at regular intervals throughout the day/night.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
you might want to start drinking tea, green tea, i heard it helps.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
sorry but i really cannot stomach any kind of tea or coffee, any other ideas?

thanks for the replies tho much apreciated

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter 825
Hey im new so if someone has post this before sorry!

Okay i suffer from sleep paralysis quite a loy and although i know its harmless, it can be quite frightening when it happens and you cant do anything about it, so i was wondering if there are any ways in which to avoid it, eg: sleeping position etc

it would be much appreciated

oh and is it normal to be able to move your mouth eg, trying to scream yet nothing comes out, as i can actually feel my mouth move (atleast i think its moving lol)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you

Get regular sleep, and more often you will have them if you lie one your back...so try to find a different sleeping position.

And yes it is common for you one to try to yell out, but cant.

But you shouldnt try to stop them, the state is condusive to higher awareness. You can learn to use the phenom to your advantage

get over the fear, relax and let it happen when you feel it coming on AND SEEM WHAT HAPPENES

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have had this a few times, and it always scares the hell out of me.

Just try to relax, maybe put some light music on that kind of works for me,

Also try natural sleeping tablets that just help slow your brain activity down,

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
whenever i suffer from sleep paralysis, i usually count to three, then use all of my strength to pull myself up, which usually works
. often times, i notice that as soon i'm up, it felt as if no effort took place to and there was no "weight" over myself...strange

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Try your hardest to move a big toe... that works for me.

Although what I do to totally prevent it from happening is get plenty of sleep... it wonly happens to me when im not getting enough (sleep that is
)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
you can always try exercising, i'm not sure if you do that, but regular exercise is always a good thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I've noticed that just "going with flow" during sleep paralysis helps alot. Sleep paralysis has happened to me a couple of times and I've noticed that they've become much easier to handle when you just acknowledge what's happening and let it happen. The more you resist it, the more hallucinations you get. Well, atleast in my case.

Reading about SP and getting to know the reasons behind it also help.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have very frightening bouts of sleep paralysis as well and what seems to work for me is to go to sleep in your dream of waking.
Also do you have a time of day that it occurs more often than not? If so.. avoid it!
I used to take mid day naps during my pregnancies and that was always when it happened most so I have stopped napping at all during the day because 85% of the time it is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I suffer from sleep paralysis too. Every night I sleep on my stomach with my head to the right. Any other position would result in sleep paralysis. Anyway, I read some where drinking a glass of water before you go to bed will help. I tried it once and it worked, once.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For me, sleeping on my stomach keeps me from experiencing sleep paralysis.
I avoid sleeping on my back when I don't feel up to wierd things in the night.
Hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I haven't had one of these in a while . What worked for me was trying to think on something else . The struggle to get out only makes it worse ... I remenber when once the thought of being in sleep paralysis for ever made it A LOT WORSE . Try to relax and later you regain control over your body ... man this really bring back memories ... bad memories

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If you are a young (late teens to yearly 20’s) it is pretty normal to get sleep paralysis. It should pas as you get older. I used to get it a lot when I was 17/18. It would usually happen if I was not sleeping in my bed. For example when I would stay at a friend's and sleep on the couch.
When it would happen I would just focus as hard as I could on moving one part of my body, such as my head or a leg. This would always help me.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread is like 2 years old and the original poster has probably solved this problem already...

[edit on 24/1/2006 by Umbrax]

new topics

top topics

join