It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Time Machine Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One day i was siting down at my dask and got this image in my head what a time machine should look like.

So heres what i draw

I was thinking that it should make an electric magnetic field and the magnetic field dose somthing with the crystal things but not sure i just drawed them there.

Im not even sure how to get in it, i even asked myself that after i drew it lol.

If you want to add anything go ahead.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by lord sword]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lord sword

Just curious.

You say you got this vision, how did it come by you?

My next question is - did you just draw what came to mind, or have you looked up anything on this schematic you drew? I know in some realms of theoretical physics there is the possibility gravity and near-light speed travel could potentially be used to travel through time. How would this device do so?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Now please remember this. Your time machine must be able to travle through space! Not only time but space aswell..

You see at this very moment our Earth is in orbit around the sun.. simple enough there.. But if you where to go back or go into the future, you would have to know where the Earth was in orbit!

As you could go back in time, and then poof! you end up in empty space!
As you didnt take in mind that the Earth is always moving!

So any time machine must be able to travle not only through time, but also through space. And you will have to have some very good details on where the Earth will be at what ever time you decide to go too.

You could end up in the side of a hill, or jump into another object which would lead to your instant death! As you must make some very calculated jumps if you really want to travle through time..

Its never just as easy as hollywood makes it out to be..
Turn on the time machine and bam your back in time..
Nope you have to be able to travle through space, and reach the point where the Earth is or was at that exact time frame.. Very complex.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I was kinda thinking how the 4 fundamental forces would work together to make a time machine

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
He's absolutely right about that.

Go read about John Titor and his "time machine." He covered that aspect pretty well I believe. (Remember that whole thing was decided to be a hoax, too.)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
well i figured with the ONLY credible, non stolen thing mr.hawkins has said is that you'd only be able to travel back in time to when the time machine was invented if you went any further you'd open a parralel time stream where the time mchine had been made already. other wise there would be an abundunce of time tourists.so pow travel to the future would be more accurate. i have my own ideas about how a time machine would work but without testing and a patent i aint saying nothin!
but i believe space travel not a necessity as the earth would create a fezable gravitational anchor for the machine this is the nature of hyperdymentional physics, im not an expert but i have been studying the subject. ive found every thing conforms to a few million conform shapes and movements, gravity,energy(both photon and phenetic) being a by-product of them TIME also is a by-product of these, that we think of as flowing in one direction (linear) but its not. it is free flowing moving with the forces around it like leaves on the breeze, ever feel like you've been in the same half hour for ages, its the effects of gravity and energy on your body being changed so that you are either free'er of them or more resistant to them.
hope this helps
love and a bucket of otters(same thing)

mr50

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know I am bringing this back from the dead but i got some more ideas to see how you guys think about them.

I was thinking about how we can go Forward time travel where we get closer to the speed of light the quicker time goes by and less time for you.

You would stay with the planet, by orbiting the planet or in other words you would be following the gravity well.
So i was thinking if we could figure out how to go back in time you could follow the gravity well back to the space it was at that time.

top topics

join