It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen nada on this is any western media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was stunned last night when I got a frantic call from someone I know who works outside Medina,Saudi Arabia. He said on January 7th, a UFO seen over several mideast countries and thought to have crashed in Saudi Arabi, was seen and reported by millions. I asked him to repeat that. He added numerous pictures and countless cell phone pictures were taken. He was surprised I haden't called him,and he asked me what I thought of it. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about. He said he really wasen't all that surprised because their was appearingly NO mention of this in any major western media.

Any mention there of course would "trickle down" the media.

He said he diden't see it, but along with many others "felt" it. Hence the belief it crashed some where in Saudi Arabi, possibly near the Kuwati border. My first thought was to feel a bit miffed,though retired I thought being a member of the club would mean something...Anyway, I told him it could be possible because the goverments Ministry of Information controls what information even from non-Saudi sources, can be released. I just diden't think it was possible, inspite of the country being a dictatorship.

I asked him to somehow get his hands on a picture and send it to me. He said he would. So as they used to say "film at eleven",or when ever it gets here... Its also possible many people who saw this were rual people and not as aware of the UFO issue. The government could explain this event as having divine overtones, although he saw no overt indications of this at this. So my question is, has any one out there also heard of this, and if yes what? ( Sorry, but this whole event was not kind to my ego, but thats my problem...)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah it has been posted here before thanks for the post though keep hunting

Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

Astonishing events are occuring around the world and not as much as a word about them is being written or said in the West. In Saudi Arabia last week a remarkable sighting of what might well have be a UFO, possibly crashing into earth, has been witnessed by no less than millions of individuals in the vicinity. Multiple photos and videos of the object have come to light.

Arabic language forums are abuzz with Saudi citizens claiming to have witnessed what is even being described by some in the normally conservative Saudi Arabian press as a possible UFO either crashing to earth or simply executing manoeuvres designed to scare humans. Others are claiming the object was an Asteroid or a Satellite. Witnesses are reported to be waiting for an explanation from local meteorological bureau’s but have received no answers yet.

ON Wednesday 7th of January after evening prayers a large noise was heard in sky followed by the sighting of an intense large light heading from the west above the Al-Qasim region east of Saudi Arabia’s capital city Riyadh. Many locals had seen meteors prior to this but claimed this one did not fit the typical description at all: it was a blue green colour and was shooting out green lasers.

One witness Khalid commented ‘No one has ever seen anything like it’

Amazingly for an incident that hasn’t even made the news in the West it was seen as far away as Kuwait. Many people were terrified and prayed. Some have posted messages on the web warning that this might be a sign from God for the Kingdoms silence on Gaza. Locals in the region where the object appeared to be heading claim they heard an explosion and felt a large tremor indicating that the object crashed. The Saudi government has not released information regarding the crash site but is reported to have sealed the area.

Source

[edit on 22-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here you go.
ca.youtube.com...
www.--.com...
Good post by the way

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Do you have any pictures of the saudi arabia ufo/meteor yet? Please do post them somewhere when you get them - thanks!!

I think it's very strange that there is still only one english online-news-article about it. Is it because of the huge gap between Islamic- and western media or are there other forces at work...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

and again I post:

translate.google.com...

...it happened, why only one newsite published it who knows. And again the vid was put to decieve, many Saudis are dismissing the meteor theory.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
check this our -read the comments

209.85.173.101...://www.burnews.com/news-action-show-id-3872.htm&usg=ALkJrhj5vklCd3jJ4iFI53VJdUUHUnxcMw

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Right, I saw a thread on this a few days ago, and I still haven't seen anything to tell me this was a UFO.

To me, it looks like a meteor crashed to Earth. Just like the one in Alaska a few months ago, or the one on Norway last month (?)

All of the footage is the same, all of the images and evidence shows nothing but a likely meteor.

I'll be interested when I see actual evidence of a UFO, like a series of photos to study, more than one video clip etc.

I find it odd that if over a million people witnessed this, only one video exists? And only one photo?

It's likely it was in the western media, for half an hour at most, all the time that is needed to report a meteorite crashing and causing no injury, destruction or death.

It's an interesting story about a natural phenomena, what needs to be investigated is why there have been at least three events so similar in nature all within three months.

It is rare to see large objects falling to Earth with such energy, and the fact that we have seen at least three now (I am aware of three of them) might suggest more.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Difference here is is that this one didnt crash-its just assumed it might have based on people hearing a roaring noise as it passed overhead.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Meteor... Bolide... whatever you want to call it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I would not be so sure-some anomalies are surfacing, apparantly witnessses in village the thing flew over low claim it wasnt a natural object.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So have we heard anymore about this sighting ??? Seems like it was in the perfect place in order to cover something up with the lack of technology and the area itself bieng fairly hard to get to........

If this was some kind of meteor wouldn't that be like the 4-5 in the past 2 weeks that has been of considerable size and coming close to the earth's surface..... Strange things afoot at the Circle K indeeed

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I find it odd that if over a million people witnessed this, only one video exists? And only one photo?

The video is actually footage of a meteor that came down over Australia in 2006. That means that there is no video as of yet! And there are just two photos.

Please read the original news article again and bookmark it, if you like:
www.--.com...
The author says it will be updated as soon as they have a real video...

new topics

top topics

join