It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "religion of peace" lie about Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Question:
Does the Qur'an really contain dozens of verses commanding violence?

Summary Answer:
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers, and kill the infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

These verses are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not embedded within historical context (as are nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Qur'an.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence and Muhammad's own martial tradition have resulted in a trail of blood and bodies across world history.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

This article provide definitive proof of the vileness of islam. The complete hate and intollerance for anyone that opposes muhammad. It quotes the koran "specifically" leaving no doubt the lie the islamic appologist promote.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hey heliosprime! Long time, ey?

I'm kinda disappointed here, helios....this is just more of the same old regurgitation that has popped up and been addressed OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.... a fellow'd think that once it has been addressed, someone would read it and remember it.

From just the VERY FIRST QUOTE mentioned in that site:
"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

The stuff in the brackets was inserted by the site itself...it is not mentioned in any of the translations that it links to here. Also, the site very conveniently edits out the caveat with a '...'. Here is the actual quote:

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

I'm sorry, but when a site practices such intellectual dishonesty, the bias is too obvious, and I just can't take it seriously.

FAIL

[edit on 22-1-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Islam is about as peaceful a religion as Christianity is. The holy books that are the basis of both religion have passages for and against killing. The truth is in how people interpret it and what they apply to their daily lives.

"Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest." (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense." (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

So, as a Christian do you kill anyone who works on the Sabbath, or cut them off from your community? Do you kill every child that curses their parents? No, of course not. You decide to skip parts of your own holy book, yet cannot fathom other religions skipping parts of theres. I can find similar quotes in the Torah.

There is no point in this thread apart from to inflame and incite hatred. All the Abrahamic religions are as bad as each other.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Proper real-life muslims wont deny this. They believe in fighting for a cause and are proud of it.

They see people who do not fight for a cause or try to maintain peace and harmony at all costs as "weak", "soft", "unfirm in faith", "vague".

The only people who try to paint muslims as something diffferent are bleeding-heart-liberals and love-peace-harmony-new-agers...or "muslims" who are trying to suck up to the western way of life.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Islam is what Christianity was a few hundred years back. It's all about the humans preaching and interpreting the texts. If you want evil, you give people reason to hate, if you want love you give people hope. Bashing on Islam is very easy, but the bible, old testament, isn't that much better. Rather take away the fear and hate mongering 'priests' cause the people are just like you and me.

The people who want to 'fight' are usually very little in numbers, blown up by media. Also those are mostly disliked by their fellow-believers for giving their religion a bad rep. Face it, no loving family wants war or hate in their lives, it's pushed in from the outside. You are a target of media manipulation.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can not be bothered about these arguments anymore ATS is making me tired as well as the individual opinions across the internet. I need some fun threads, I will wait till Gods words show signs so that which ever God is true will help the ones in between who are lost and we will know the truth sooner or later in their religious point of reference as the world changes.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What happened to all the thoroughly enjoyable threads that I remember enticing me to join in the first place?

Here we have another ill informed bombastic thread about a tired and divisive subject.

Damn..... this just wasted a few precious moments of my life!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Proper real-life muslims wont deny this. They believe in fighting for a cause and are proud of it.

They see people who do not fight for a cause or try to maintain peace and harmony at all costs as "weak", "soft", "unfirm in faith", "vague".

The only people who try to paint muslims as something diffferent are bleeding-heart-liberals and love-peace-harmony-new-agers...or "muslims" who are trying to suck up to the western way of life.

Truly wonderful..

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Islam is what Christianity was a few hundred years back.

I think you mean that Islam is what Catholicism was 1,000 years ago. Christianity was never about conquering other nations or people.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
All the Muslims I know personally are the most peaceful, tolerant people I know. This sounds like the same old hate speech to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Skyfloating

You are absolutely right. 'Proper real-life muslims' (as defined by those who honestly follow the Quran) definitely believe in fighting when it is needed, when the cause is just, as it is required of them in the Quran. However, 'Proper real-life muslims' definitely do not feel the need to go about rampantly slaughtering 'non-believers' for no reason other than their lack of belief. 'Proper real-life muslims' do not have it as their mission statement to have warring conquest with 'a trail of blood and bodies across world history'. But yes, they are allowed to fight under certain conditions.

In this sense, Islam differs from Christianity (and I use this comparison as the common ground, seeing as the majority of theistic ATSers here would be Christian. I have no desire to start a Christianity vs Islam sub-thread, and that is not my intention). No muslim would deny this. However, seeing how Christianity's commandment of 'turning the other cheek' seems very difficult to practically put to use, while I'd greatly respect anyone who follows it, I'd say that 'fight those who fight you' is a pretty reasonable allowance.

I hope you were not including me in the 'improper, non-real-life muslims'.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Ah so go back a few years and the Catholic faith were persecuting and murdering people in the name of religion, Britain was trying to conquer the world in the name of an Empire, so perhaps the islam fueled new world order is no bad thing then......

on a more serious note, the comparison between Catholicism and Islam has been made. The Catholic church are 'in talks' with the religious leaders of Islam to find a common word.. How can this work? The Saviour will be son of God, can have no common word with 'We do serve Allah alone and do not put someone in him'

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

I hope you were not including me in the 'improper, non-real-life muslims'.

No. But I also do not think muslims are quite as peaceful as western media hopes they are, or you perhaps try to paint them when talking with us westerners. Neither do I believe they need to be. There is some value in the fact that one culture differs from the other.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
All the Muslims I know personally are the most peaceful, tolerant people I know. This sounds like the same old hate speech to me.

here's the problem with both christians and muslims. the peaceful ones will leave you alone, but if you live in a community largely dominated by one or the other, you slowly become socially unexceptable. if you have a business, you will not flourish because you do not except their god, your children find other kids not wanting to play with them, you will not be invited to social functions, you will have a difficult or impossible job to seek any local political office, you will not be welcome on school boards, or even to speak to them in public meetings. your friends will be few, due to others not wanting to associate with you. this has happened in many communities resulting in non-believers simply moving away, to get away from the silent, but pervasive discrimination.

but if you raise your voice to protest this type of discrimination in a public manner, that's when abusive and violent acts start taking place. it starts out with whispered comments, ramping up to out loud vitriol, then it may include a small group of people coming out to your neighborhood with signs and standing in front of your house, it moves on to more aggressive acts, like spraypainting your house with words such as "devil", "evil", "satan",. it goes further with broken windows on your car or house. and then the physical threats to your person start coming.

if you people don't think this happens you are fooling yourselves, and you need to investigate it more closely...talk to people where this has happened to them, there are many more then you realize.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Heheh...I was partly joking, hence the

Muslims are people, just like anyone else. They're not an alien race, I swear
. Some of them are peaceful, some of them are angry, some of them say mean things when they are angry, some of them do good things, some of them do bad things.
We live in the real-life world, with real-life muslims, so yeah, it'd be unreasonably optimistic to assume they're some sort of angellic, otherworldly group of humans. The Quran holds them up to a standard to follow, but also gives allowances (like permission to fight those who fight them) for the real world. Now whether the person deviates from that, and goes completely ballistic violent is another question, but I think everyone can agree that those wouldn't be 'proper' real-life muslims

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Locked.

We have THOUSANDS of threads on the exact same topic here. Please contribute to one of our other interesting threads. I'm closing this one down because, frankly, we don't need Yet Another Thread on the same old topic.

new topics

top topics

join