It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical discharge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can't believe what happened some minutes ago in my room. I'm in shock.
I don't know if I'm supposed to write it here...?- but maybe someone has a clue about this??

Ok, so I was sitting next to the computer, doing something else...reading, kind of relaxed. When suddenly I felt a super loud noise like an electrical discharge- or I don't know the words in English (I can hardly elaborate this now. Sorry, but it would be much easier for me to explain it in my homelanguage). The thing is, I immediatley turned around and saw on the ceiling of the room something that looked like blue thunders?¿!? I freaked out, but I tend to paralyze myself in extreme situations, so I didn't run just was like fixed to the chair looking at these blue electric thunders (!!????)

It lasted less than a minute, I think.

My brother who was next to the room I am, was brushing his teeth with the door open- so when I could react, I immediately ran to him and said: "Did you see that?- did you hear it???"-; And he was like: "what are you talking about??"- ... I almost go nuts!, because the noise was SO loud that it was impossible for him not to have listened to it.
(I don't know, he is young, and does not believe in anything paranormal- so didn't pay much attention to what I said... but made clear that he didn't heard anything) -

By the way, the climate outside is very hot- we are in summer. And I went outside the house to check the elctrical stuff and everything is fine.

I don't know...the rest of the family that was in the other floor, didn't listen or experienced anything. And even I have a hard time believing what has just happened. But it was real, I mean I was fully awake.

Omg- I feel frustrated.
that no one in my house saw/heard this. It seems impossible that they didnt!- it was so loud and "strong".
Every electrical devices works alright, the PC is fine.

I'm out of words... any thoughts about what could have been this thing?

[edit on 21/1/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
perhaps, it was an message be it from you subconscous or what shapes that wichin you subconscous.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
First thing we have to rule out is did you take any mind altering substances or are you on any medication? I am not trying to be condesending (sp?). Also, you may have had an OOBE if you were tired and entered a state where you were half awake. Never heard of anything like that.

-KDial1

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by leomurray

I don't know what to think really.

Strange definitely- and to me it was as real as the book I was holding in my hands. But why no one in my house saw/heard this?.. It was like an electrical storm/ or discharge inside the room?-

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

No, I don't take any mind altering substances!!- I'm super clean

Not medicated either.

Actually I was drinking water, and reading- not sleepy, relaxed but in a "good way"-no stressful thoughts or anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've recalled having some really bizarre things in my life similar to this. Unfortunately I'm on disability too.

There's ball lightening

paranormal.about.com...

But this usually involves some type of storm activity from I've read. Also it would have possibly left some type of odor and markings on the ceiling.

It sounds like some special effects fiction movie as if some portal opening. Maybe you're the doorway or your computer is.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hello Aleon- you speak Spanish?

Thanks so much for the info!- well outside the sky is clear, no clouds.
Like I've said before, high temperature- a typical summer night in my country.

No odors or marks in the ceiling

Well, now that you mentioned the portal, I thought something similiar.

But I don't know what could be the real explanation of this thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You better have someone check it out. There might be a rat or rodent in
the ceiling wall chewing on the electrical wires. Rats and squirrels do this from
time to time and it can cause a fire. Make sure you have smoke detectors.
If you have an attic or floor above the ceiling you might want to go up there
and make sure nothings burning.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I saw something like what you described. It looks a lot like electricity. Later, upon cross referancing stories, I found out it was my father's soul/spirit during an OOBE.

It could be that you saw the soul/spirit of a friend or loved one. That's just my two cents though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 100% Real

Interesting what you said. What was your experience like? were you lying in bed?

I was perfectly awake, in a good mood, reading a book (paying attention to the plot)- with the PC on- when suddenly that happened.

About the spirit/soul of a loved one, well, the only familiy member who is dead is my grandfather, he died like 12 years ago. But he had already crossed over to other side, I know that for sure- he's at peace now.
About friends, they are all alive also, thank god.

Yes, I've had OOBE'S- but only when I'm in my bed and very ready to sleep. I've witnessed not nice "entities".

But this was nothing like it!. There were no beings/entity. Just something like a thunderstorm inside the room- located in the ceiling. And when it stopped I didn't felt anything strange in my body, like I do when after an OBE. I reacted immediately after it and ran to my brother.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't know if the moderators will let this reply be seen, but believe it or not ...

Long ago, when I was 14, I was typing a report for school, on an electric typewriter, and carefully reading what I was writing because typewriters didn't make it easy to correct mistakes. And hating every minute of it. Then something almost identical happened to me, like an exploding ball of blue light, as bright as 3 or 4 camera flash bulbs.

As an adult, I became very electric, especially when I was pregnant. My static shocks capacity seemed to be a reflection of my health and mood. I've destroyed electronic things without even touching them, when I was in a bad mood. When I was very upset, I could turn on a body-effect touch-lamp from across the room. Lightning has struck within feet of me, twice, which strangely felt good.

Now, I am old, and I have lost most of my static charge. I did electrocute my computer's keyboard, a month ago, which was a shame. Instead, I now drain power out of nearby batteries while I sleep, when I am sick, which happens often. Like how they say ghosts do.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

First off, I'm sory to hear about your Grandfather. You and I both know he's in a better place.

I was wide awake and physically active so I wasn't in the physical or mental state typically used to view spirits or go "out of body".

The object I saw looked something like a fat disk and was rotating. It looked like an electrical storm contained within the disk. It wasn't like lightning was shooting out of it towards other points of the room but there was definetly activity within it. It looked like a storm within a disk.

I did nothing to bring the situation about. No meditating or anything, just like you, I was just minding my own when it showed up.

I'll consider the idea of a portal. That seems to offer a deeper explaination of things.

BTW. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I absolutly suck when it comes to typing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 100% Real

Thank you
& no prob!

Yes, the portal might be the closest explanation!

And now that you mentioned the disk,- let me tell you that last year I saw what you are describing also!!. It was like a ball of light, and yes, there was like electrical activity inside it. The colour of this "disk" was fiercy red and some white. It was floating in the room, for some seconds and then disappeared. This I know, was someone's soul-

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I've just seen the two anonymous post- (thanks Sauron!!
)

In reply to the 1st one- everything is fine, no electrical damage. No rats- (we don't have any in the area I live, thankfully; neither we have squirrels).

I was the only member of the family that witnessed this blue thing. Like I've said before the electric machines all of them are working fine. No problem with wires either in the attick or in the basement.

To the second anonymous- that's certainly not my case.

I've arranged a meeting with someone who knows about this things, so mabye, I'll get the whole picture of why this happened.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

What were you thinking about at the time?

It sounds to me like you were in a state of near meditation? I think YOU did this. You got to a certain spot in your energy and discharged it?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Plutoxgirl- That sounds like an amazing experience. I would be a bit shocked myself if that were to happen to me.

My sisters experienced a poltergeist once and the sound was so loud and the light so bright like lightening that it seriously freaked them out. It came mid air into their room, not up at the ceiling. One of my sisters that was there is an extremely analytical thinker and isn't into the paranormal like this and she was freaked out. From then on she slept with a knife next to her just in case. That really took me by surprise.

Once I saw a bolt of light come into our house when I was a young girl, but I equated it to lightening that had come into the house from outside as it was at the ceiling and I think it was near a light bulb. The sound was very loud when the lightening came inside. That actually just came to me, and yes, it was pretty freaky.

You don't happen to know anyone with ill intent towards you do you? That's just something to check just to be sure, not to make you concerned though. You said you are Spanish? Do you know anyone into Santeria? I hear of some interesting stories connected w/ it that's why I asked. Curious.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hello LoneGunMan,

I was just concentrated on the book I was reading. And in no way I was near a state of meditation- just in a happy-chilling mood

Hello Dawnslight,

Well your sister's experience sounds interesting. You made me laugh with the "she slept with a knife next to her just in case"-Like she felt protected that way from the "ghost"? hehe-

Your personal experience sounds similar to mine!- but this wasn't a bolt of light that come into the house- it generated in the room- the ceiling to be more specific and the sound was also very loud. Like high voltage sound.

And no, I don't know anyone with ill intent towards me =)- (but..there's always someone- isn't it?- haha). And yes, I do know a few people into Santeria, but I don't think it's related to this.

Besides nothing "out of the ordinary" happened after that day. I talked to a guy here in my country that studies paranormal activity and he told me it definitely was a portal that opened in that spot for a few seconds.

[edit on 8/4/09 by plutoxgirl]

top topics

join