It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no "open" space between your face and your monitor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok, this is my first thread, so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or whatever.

I just want to get something out there that i have been thinking about.

Now we all know, that as we are sitting on our chairs at our desks that our butts aren't physically touching the chair.

And that everything is always vibrating and moving, because everything is made up out of molecules right ?

So in essence, isn't it true that there is no space between you and let's say the pen lying infront of you on your desk ?

Isn't that open space just a bunch more molecules that we simply can't see ?

Aren't we simply "molded" molecules, turned into a more solid shape, yet we are still IN a whole bunch more molecules.

That would mean that we are attached and a part of everything around us, all we are is something more solid than what is around us in the "open" spaces"

That gives mindreading, pshychic communication and telekenesis a solid explanation, we are connected, and all it takes is the realization and the knowledge of how to "move" or communicate with the other molecules around you, seeing as you yourself are molecules.

Does that make sense ?

I'd like to talk about it with some of you who know more about this..

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hm, interesting post!
I think that when the mass of molecules and density of molecules is taken into account, that our bodies cannot literally be molded by the "space" between ourselves and other things.

Our shapes are determined by different types of molecules that form different types of cells, and then tissues, that have different properties, and suspend ourselves on skeletal tissue and muscular tissue and all sorts of other anatomical and physiological factors.

That would be my guess.

Really good post, though. S+F

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War

Aren't we simply "molded" molecules, turned into a more solid shape, yet we are still IN a whole bunch more molecules.

That would mean that we are attached and a part of everything around us, all we are is something more solid than what is around us in the "open" spaces"

Interesting train of thought for this time in the morning.

I wonder if sentience could be described as a product of a 'critical mass' ...or to fit it neatly into your analogy, 'critical resonance'?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

Ok, this is my first post, so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or whatever.

What? I've seen several of your posts.
Or are you saying this is the first one you have started?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is just opinion" Democritus of Abdera born 460 BCE, died 370 BCE

Knowing that this quote is 2500 years old, you were not the first to have this thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

In the philosophy of consciousness, "sentience" can refer to the human ability to have subjective perceptual experiences, or "qualia".[5] This is distinct from other aspects of the mind and consciousness, such as creativity, intelligence, sapience, self-awareness and intentionality (the ability to have thoughts that mean something or are "about" something). Sentience is a more general concept than consciousness, which is often used to imply a form of sentience that includes a sense of time, place and self.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is that what you meant ?

It does make sense that it would yes.

I think we as humans see ourselves as something we are not...

We are not "flesh" and "blood"

We are Atoms, formed into hundreds of molecules and those molecules form our bodies, our blood, and everything we are.

How we attained conciousness is still beyond me.

But i think if we started looking at ourselves for what we really are, we might just discover that answer, perhaps even more.

I mean imagine thinking on a "molecule" level if you will...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Yeah sorry, not my first post, but my first thread..

i'll edit that

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ahhh yes, interesting post.
along the same lines, there's a very good chance that you have breathed the exact same molecules that king tut did. it's ALL interconnected. like a giant chain. (or ocean)

nice conceptual.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So in essence, isn't it true that there is no space between you and let's say the pen lying infront of you on your desk ?

Isn't that open space just a bunch more molecules that we simply can't see ?

Well in an atmosphere you may be right, but in space (or any vacuum) there could very well be nothing between you and your pen but space. This is actually a very important unanswered question in physics:

What the hell is space?

I tend toward Telsa's ether; space is an electromagnetic fabric and fluctuations in that fabric give rise to the particles we think the universe is made out of.

Jon

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

If you look deeper into our anatomical structure, you will find millions upon millions of molecules making up that anatomical structure, no matter what it is inside us, heart, liver, blood, even our cells are made up of molecules, break the molecules down, and you get atoms.

Im confused

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
zooplancton - I've read something about that.

Is it that when we die our bodies return to it's original form, atoms and molecules ?

Edit to add...

Something for the christians on here...

god says we are made up out of dust...is god refering to actual dust, magic dust, perhaps space dust, or is he talking atoms/molecules ?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I often think this way too.

The analogy I like to use is "We are all swimming in a bog soup".

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

zooplancton - I've read something about that.

Is it that when we die our bodies return to it's original form, atoms and molecules ?

not sure how to elaborate, but i had watched a science show about 5 years ago that went into it all. they had said that we have all shared the same molecules as out ancestors have in one way or another. their explanation was that of air and how we have literally breathed the same molecules/atoms that our forefathers have.

kind of like a giant net that's perpetually held together. i've always translated it to a more viscous medium, the ocean. everything in the oceanic body of water is held "touching" or held together as one. (i'm sure i'm not saying that totally right, but you get the point)

[edit on 1/21/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
you can break an atom down to smaller pieces. quarks, leptons, gluons and smaller. you can go on forever with the break down process if you had a metaphysical microscope but the is the thing, you would eventually realize that you enter can keep on traveling inward forever. Essentially you enter what can be considered hyperspace, aether, infinity, etc. one can see this never ending movement through infinite space one in the same as what some would called a creator god.

perhaps the metaphysical microscope allows the viewer to enter the level of reality it is zoomed into. if one can get into hyperspace either through this method or consciousness alone, one then has access to infinite realities. one can view or physically access these realities through wormholes.

speaking for the majority of humanity, we can not seem to access hyperspace to the level which would allow us to teleport to other times, space times or other locations in our space. the truth is that if we could have access to to hyperspace we would be able to be 100% telepathic, clairvoyant, be able to fly, shape shift, be invisible, change size, weight, etc. any occult ability would be ours. the reason we can not gain access to these abilities and other space times is that our consciousness is locked down on a certain frequency. we can only perceive a certain amount of reality because we are programmed to be this way. that programming is reinforced through tv, movies, media, government, the people, status quo, etc.

if one breaks free from the conscious restraints of society one will be very alone. at that point it is important to connect with hyperspace. once connected to hyperspace one realizes that loneliness is an illusion. the trick is to maintain that connection because if that connection breaks one may be tempted to run to all the people they know or the internet and rave about what they just experienced. many time when people have a taste of enlightenment they can not contain themselves and this actually ends up locking them into the status quo again. its because they exercised their ego and it contracted their consciousness.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
For a long time I've been of the opinion that everything in the universe is connected, including space. It falls in with my pantheistic view. I also think that if you know how to you can communicate (telepathically?) with any other sentient being in the universe.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You're on the right track.

If you want to consider the philosophical or spiritual implications, read about non-dualism.

This is the theory that everything appears to be distinct, when in fact they are just different manifestations of the same sub-stratum. This is the basic premise of some philosophical systems, wherein God is the universe and everything within it. We only experience things as separate and different because we ourselves apply certain labels to it.

For example take darkness and light. Are they opposites, or are they the same thing? Non-dualism states that they are different degrees of the same thing. Darkness is just light at intensity zero. Similarly hot and cold... cold doesn't exist, and absolute zero (-273 celcius) is just a total absence of heat. The same is true of good and evil.

Again, you and the universe are not separate. You are both built of the same basic constitutents- atoms, quantum strings, subatomic particles etc.

Also its worth considering string theory.

Hope this helps you on your quest

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I like to think of it this way:

We are all just coherent fuzz, constantly exchanging our mass with other, nearby fuzz.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The atoms aren't always the same elements, and they have different types of bonds, and this determines their properties. That's why all "things" are not just mushes of atoms.

Humans are weird. It's like how death happens when all of your cells die separately.

top topics

join