It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

What was shameful about Bush starts eight years ago when he began his term and ended when he shamefully left his wife to wander alone on that runway walking to the helicopter. A billion eyes upon them, boos and bad vibes, and this cad of a man ditches that poor woman without a backward glance. I felt sorry for her, as a woman, to me that shows just what kind of class standard Bush set for us. Disgusting, and good riddance to him.

Good Lord. Your complaining about THAT?

Were you there? Do you know what was going on or what was said to him? Maybe she wanted to walk on ahead and get inside the warm copter while Bush finished up his goodbyes. A real MAN would have said: "Love, you go on ahead and keep warm. Don't stand out here freezing because of me."

Seriously
What a petty thing to judge him on.

I'm a woman and I have enough confidence in myself as a woman that I can walk on by myself if need be. And I have seen nothing but love for his wife on numerous occasions.

If you werent there, you dont know what was going on.

And why are people trashing this man when it was Congress who said "Yeah" to the very decisions you hate? And you all voted them back in

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You all can keep your opinions. I still say Bush was a dang good president and would give him an applause in a heartbeat.

I'm with you, bro. There's a lot of people on here hating on him because it's the "cool" thing to do or because they've been told to hate Bush by Keith Olbermann. Most of these people here hating on Bush lack the ability to think rationally on their own. None of them were personally oppressed by anything or anyone and they have no idea what oppression is like unless they've come from a country like Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well I respect your intentions, but unfortunately I cannot allow you to do such a thing. I do not need anybody to "prevent me from looking like a doof."

Apparently I do this myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I agree. I wouldn't piss on either of them if they were on fire, but the booing just showed a complete lack of decorum.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What many of you fail to address is that most of the people in attendance were there to see Obama get in, not to see Bush leave. It was expected to hear Obama supporters booing. Many supporters are in on the Obama fad and couldn't tell you a lick about Obama's plans. The same could be said of many Bush supporters when he was elected. All they know is that the guy they voted for won.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have this obligation (goes with the job title) to salute the man but, to be honest, why does he deserve anything more then a boo? The man pretty much just gave up his last half of his presidency, he started a war with absolutely no foresight, and now everyone hates him. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm only 30+mins away from DC, I just don't like large crowds but since I wasn't there to give it:

"Boooooooooooooooooooo!"

So add my "sentiment o' resentment" in solidarity with those that actually are smart enough to be upset with how this spendaholic, rights-revoking, warmongering administration waged war on the American people for eight years!

Well maybe six years, I'll give them the first lackluster two.

p.s. Boo.

- Lee

[edit on 20-1-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Maybe an uncomfortable silence would be better for some?
Either I'd boo or do nothing at all.

I wouldn't dare applaud.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
I have this obligation (goes with the job title) to salute the man but, to be honest, why does he deserve anything more then a boo? The man pretty much just gave up his last half of his presidency, he started a war with absolutely no foresight, and now everyone hates him. You reap what you sow.

No foresight? With all due respect, he set forth an agenda of freedom to a land that was embroiled in terror! How can you say that?????

No weapons of mass destruction were found, but 32 MIG-24's were found buried in the desert sands!!!!! What else could be out in the vast sands?

Thank you for your service, Marine, by the way. I spent 6 years riding a FBM sub during Reagans' great command.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am Australian but here's my two cents worth anyway.

George W Bush was good President but not a popular one. Like our John Howard he was the right man at the right time. Those times called for someone who did not care whether they were popular or not but rather did the right thing regardless of the personal consequences. A quality not very often found on the left. He was not a perfect President, and neither will President Obama.

And yes, you now get to boo and say things like "not in my name" safe in the knowledge that what needed to be done was done anyway.

I am a conservative but good luck to President Oboma and kudos to the USA for defying the expectations of the world and embracing a black man as Chief Executive.

The booing and hatred thing is something endemic to the left. They have no dignity or self respect and so cannot give it to others. I come from a working class family and my father was a union shop steward. This lack of dignity and respect was one of the major reasons I forewent my familial politics and turned me into a conservative by the age of 14. 30 years later and my father still cannot understand.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
President and Mrs. Clinton got booed in 2001, as well:

www.usatoday.com...

Clinton, booed by some at his entrance, appeared unperturbed, smiling and applauding Bush at times. He grinned and held his wife's hand as they headed for their last ride in a presidential limousine.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Eh doesn't matter with all the scaremongering terror talk I heard on CNN today from Obama all I could think about was Bush doing the same thing. Just carry on.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I tried to stop myself from writing this. But against my own judgement find myself typing away anyway. Instead of Boos the man sound be getting cheers of gratitude.

-Un-just war? Better there than here.
-Economics? Before you complain do a little research, who was it wanted a stop on Fanny may and Freddy Mac years ago? And before you answer why don't you send back those checks you got.
-National safety? Don't you realize the things he knows and was briefed on, that we will never find out about? Because of that they where able to gather today without the fear of a bomb dropping on their head.

For those on this thread that was saddened by the way Bush was treated today, don't worry. He flew into town this afternoon and we all (20 - 25,000) of us gave him a big Texas welcome home party. He took the stage to cheers, signs, and fans.

Did I cry today, I felt like it yes. But for a totally different reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So much argueing over partisan politics... I would think here of all places people would realize that Obama and Bush work for the same masters, the NWO, and this all started long before Bush. Partisan politics is somthing we are indidated with by the media to distract us from the truth. I pity anyone who is small minded enough to pick up on the sound bites played over and over again on CNN or Fox news and accept it as truth. The truth is america's leaders abandoned the constitution and sold our country out years and years ago.
PS: I do not hate america, a People and a culture is a lot more then thier leaders, the priciples we were founded on and many of us still hold in our hearts is what makes our country great. The solution is 1787.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Bush has brought a lot to the table other Presidents could not have. Speaking from a war front, he has done a good job.

If 9/11 happened when Obama was in office would we have had a total disaster? I think Bush handled that situation well.

Bush is not perfect. He is not the best president, if any are for that matter.

All of these soldiers deaths we have had have not gone to waste. While they signed up for the job, they have also done great progress in foreign countries.

Presidents offer change. Each new president offers change. While I did not want Obama to be president, he will offer a "needed" change from the Bush campaign. After 4/8 years, more than likely we will need another change.

Do not boo the man on behalf of our new president. Do not boo the man because your friend is. Do not boo the man because you "don't like him". Boo the man if he gave his entire soul to the devil.

Speaking for myself, I think he has tried to be a good president.

Lincoln is one of the most well known presidents. If the civil war he helped start was lost to the confederate, would he still be a great president, even if his views were morally good?

Food for thought people. Do not brainwash your own mind with the anti-brainwashing crap.

Bush had negatives. Bush had positives. It is time for a change. Give him respect in that regard.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ

Yes, Photon, I did paraphrase your sentiments. You "haters" have a warped view of George Bush's presidency.

Suffice to say that when you say "haters" you're referring to a very large percentage of the global community (including the US of course) ..that is- billions of people share this "warped" view. Are you sure it's not your view that's warped?

You paint him as an inherently evil person that only wished harm on our great country.

I don't believe he wished harm on our country, although I did wonder sometimes who's better interests he was out for.

You certainly do have that right to criticize, but it would probably mean a whole lot more if it was coming from an intelligent point of view instead of a "knee-jerk" reactive one.

Knee-jerk. Ha! Are you calling my POV unintelligent? Typical. My view of Bush is 8 years in the making. I actually supported him for a fleeting moment following 911. See I was downtown on Wall St when it happened. I wanted more than anything to find the culprits who were responsible for blowing up my town for no good reason. He had the backing of the world (unprecedented) to go and take care of business. But we all know how that turned out now don't we...

Bush represented perfectly the ideals of the American vision.

Really? Perfectly? Come on man....

A man of principle that held to his convictions, carried out what he professed and believed in, and didn't apologize.

Good for him- but none of it was for the good of this great nation or the world at large.

Point is, he and his administration are gone now. I couldn't be happier. Call me a doof, classless, unintelligent, or what have you- I could care less.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am no fan of the Bush administration, but I would not have booed him. I do feel bad for the guy. I am one of those who think he was a not so bright pawn of some really ugly souls. It doesnt mean he has no responsibility, of course he does, but I feel more more inclined to hold responsible the powers behind him. Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, etc.

I do agree it would have been more classy to simply withhold applause if you felt you must show your displeasure over his policies.

However, he took office over the boos and protests of the people in the contested election of 2000 and it is no surprise that he exited the same way.

The booing doesnt make me ashamed to be an American, however. As some others have pointed out it is freedom of speech, and it makes me proud that we have the right to boo even the leader of our country. Whether it is classy to do so or not. Whether it is Bush or Obama getting booed.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
And so, once again, simple minded people cannot separate the actions of a few from those of the many.

Grow up. Grow a pair. Get over your Stockholm syndrome for Bush and his ilk. He has done us 0 favors, and one day, when you are good and grown, you will realize that. And maybe then put your country first, and partisanship second.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

No foresight? With all due respect, he set forth an agenda of freedom to a land that was embroiled in terror! How can you say that?????

No weapons of mass destruction were found, but 32 MIG-24's were found buried in the desert sands!!!!! What else could be out in the vast sands?

Thank you for your service, Marine, by the way. I spent 6 years riding a FBM sub during Reagans' great command.

The three major factors that put a bad taste in my mouth.

1. The invasion "plan" of Iraq.
2. The deliberate ignorance of Afghanistan.
2. The ludacris rules of engagement in Iraq.

Marines pretty much have to die before you can engage now days. I'm just not sure what the agenda really is. Once we leave Iraq , what are the Iraqis going to do? We have alll these other "threats" that are MUCH more open and pertinet to the war on terror. Don't get me wrong sir. I would fight and die in this war. I've lost good friends and family to war. I'm just kind of at a loss on Americas direction these days. I just pay attention to my job.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In this country, we have something called "freedom of expression". If you don't like it, leave. They have the right to express themselves and don't need to be judged. Many of you would support the booing if Bush was a Democrat so lets get a clearer picture of reality. Just recently he said he didn't care what American's thought of him, umm that deserves booing people. I don't think he would have gotten elected if he said "I promise to do whatever I want with or without your approval. If you don't like it, tough, I won't care what you think".

Some of you guys need to grow up, complaining about booing should be the last thing on our list as far as concerns go. And enough of the democrat vs repub hate, which is what fuels about 95% of this, its tiresome.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join