It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the new Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Originally posted by Byrd

I never knew. I must have been living in some other country.

No need to be sarcastic, its the lowest for of wit

Actually, I wasn't intentionally being sarcastic. I was, however, being pedantic and a scholarly bore.

Having a pyramid on the US seal doesn't make us similar to ancient or modern Egypt. The Egyptians (when they finally got coinage) had the pictures of their god-emperors on the coinage as well as coins that commemorated events in the lives of their god-emperors. The pyramids (there are over 100 of them) were simply places of worship of the dead pharaohs as gods. They were not symbols of enlightenment to the Ancient Egyptians nor do they show up in their art or in their amulets or jewelry.

The laws of the country were very different and like Britain, the rulers came from long dynastic lineages. Like modern day Haiti there were a few very rich elites and a huge mass of very very poor people living in villages. The pharaohs wielded immense power... one of them declared that he was the only god and took all the wealth of all the temples in the land to build his very own city (the city of a god) in the middle of the desert, and hundreds of workers died during the process (bad food, accidents, etc.)

It's quite an interesting place to read about... I'm currently reading up on Cleopatra (doing a book chapter on her and how she "became" the goddess Isis and Aphrodite (the signatures on decrees, the appearance on coinage, and so on and so forth).

When civilisations reach their pinnacle they seem to get destroyed, atlantis/egypt/mayans etc

As far as we know, Atlantis never existed. Egypt fell in part because it had weak rulers. Alexander the Great conquered it and set up the line of Ptolemys and Cleopatra's death ended their reign (Egypt was in hock to Rome (really) thanks to some bad moves by Cleopatra's father and grandfather) and became a province of Rome. The Mayans fell because of climate changes and the Spanish conquistadores.

Generally civilizations don't fall when they're at their peak, but when the central government is deeply divided (power struggles) and then outside forces hammer at the population (invasions, plagues, or climate changes.)

USA looks like its the next one, along with probably the rest of the world.

I also didnt mean that presidents are literally Gods, but the people seem to treat them like Gods, and the general population are basically slaves

Perhaps you might like to read up on slavery (modern and ancient) and the kinds of conditions that exist for slaves. With few exceptions, slaves can't own property, must marry or mate with whoever their owner dictates, can't move from an area, are branded or marked so that they can't impersonate owners, have no access to good food, can't change social ranks...etc, etc, etc. It's really a very interesting subject.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks for the interesting reply,i understand totally what you say.

I had some thoughts that the rulers of the world create these civilisations to see how far they can push humans, then when shtf they take cover and destroy everything... then start again from afresh.

Does this make sense or is it just one of those wild imaginitive thoughts that are purely wacky?

But the best most efficient way to enslave someone is to make them think they are free right?

I dont think its wrong to think they have just improved their slavery techniques, when the egyptians realised they were slaves and fought back the rulers just destroyed them all.

Or maybe its not that complicated and as they say a cigar is just a cigar, right?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks for the interesting reply,i understand totally what you say.

I had some thoughts that the rulers of the world create these civilisations to see how far they can push humans, then when shtf they take cover and destroy everything... then start again from afresh.

I think with your deep interest in history, you might want to start reading more world history in depth. They push us through some basics in school and you never really get into the real details unless you get into some advanced history classes in college.

Civilizations are always collapsing and rising. While one (Rome) falls apart, another (Byzantine Constantinople) rises and many others unconnected with it (early Classical Mayan, Chinese dynasties) are rising or flourishing. The pattern is constantly changing... kind of like watching really deep trance music set to fractal patterns.

I think one of the best (most fun, easiest to read, filled with neat (lurid) details) is the history of Rome to the Byzantine Empire. You get some sense of how a city state takes over as another great power dies (the fall into chaos of the Greek empire after the death of Alexander) and how a series of bad emperors starts internal conflict (the year of three emperors) and how the state expectations can cause a leader to make stupid decisions (Julian the Apostate) which cause the collapse of the empire.

I wish I could loan you my books on Cleopatra... it's just fascinating... really a page-turner. The more scholarly work quotes letters that were written and the interplay of public images (and private rumors) as reported by gossipy letters from one writer to another (as well as what decrees and coins and monuments say.)

If you like podcasts, I love to recommend Isabelle Pafford's lectures on Ancient Rome on the Berkeley site. I just love the way she explains the Roman reaction to Greek, Mediterranean, and Egyptian female rulers as "scary barbarian queens"... because it is so accurate. She's a historian who loves that time period and goes into all kinds of details (like how you know if a ruler was really liked or hated by the people.)
webcast.berkeley.edu...

Another excellent series (very short) that gives a good concept of how empires rise and fall is this one on the Byzantine empire. The podcasts are short, but very meaty, and by a historian who's quite interesting:
www.anders.com...

I dont think its wrong to think they have just improved their slavery techniques, when the egyptians realised they were slaves and fought back the rulers just destroyed them all.

Or maybe its not that complicated and as they say a cigar is just a cigar, right?

It's rather different than what you've been told. The Egyptians weren't slaves, but generally free (but relatively poor) people. Slaves are expensive to maintain -- rulers might have a hundred or so but not thousands of personal slaves. The Egyptian peasants never revolted against the rulers (an illiterate population doesn't revolt against its god) but they did move away from their villages when taxes got heavy (Egyptians were taxed more heavily than Americans or British of today).

And the rulers weren't interested in destroying the people. Egypt was the grain basket of the Mediterranean and, until the rulers got deeply into debt, was one of the richest countries in the world. Its grain was exported everywhere and other countries depended on these shipments.

Alas, the only ones who really profited from it were the grain merchants and rulers. A deserted land and destroyed people would have destroyed their power within months and they would have been consumed by other civilizations in the area.

Ah... I could go on for FAR too long.

Look up some history that they're teaching in the colleges. You'll be dumbfounded at how little they fed you in public school!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Look up some history that they're teaching in the colleges. You'll be dumbfounded at how little they fed you in public school!

Which brings up an interesting question, how much ancient history is actually taught in the US high school curriculum?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
has married his own sister (and/or possibly one or both of his daughters) for political and religious reasons

One of the ways Illuminati bloodlines keep power and influence within the family is to keep power and influence within the family. While it isn't as close as brother and sister, it does involve cousins and sometimes step-siblings marrying.

is in power for life (so the inauguration today is a mere shadow and it's the God Bush (or Clinton or Carter) who rules us

The pharaoh was the figure head of Egyptian governance but he was not the one really pulling the strings. I think true power was vested in that coterie of unnamed merchants, bankers, and priests who were regularly assassinating the pharaohs. Has this really changed? Ask the Kennedys.

will destroy public monuments of his predecessors to write his own name down

In Egyptian times, the monuments were more a physical record of what happened then just some statue of some guy. Those Egyptian monuments were the peoples' only source of historical knowledge.

Even today, heads of state and their handlers will manipulate history to suit their needs. See the deification of Reagan and Lincoln and the demonizing of Nixon and Buchanan.

lives in a royal city with all the wealthy people while the rest of us live in small farms and villages with much less technology

The president has instant access to cruise missiles, aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons, a huge personal security team, several sophisticated airplanes and vehicles, the white house, and camp dave. What kind of technology do you have access to?

has a harem

See Clinton and Kennedy.

can't write but has priests who write his edicts for him

We have presidents who don't understand economies but have people create economic policy for them.

Ignorance is a key job requirement for any position of great power - always has been; always will be.

will be buried in a temple where his memory will be worshiped for as long as the civilization lasts

See Grant's Tomb.

that we are divided into 13 districts and each has its own ruling god and priests but all are united under another god

Yup! We have states with governors who are executors in their own right but supplicant to the will of the grand executor.

The pharaohs would tell people that you can believe in any god you like, as long as you also believe that the pharaoh is above them all.

The presidents tell you that you can have any local laws you want as long as you know that the federal government is above them all.

that we have to do civil service for our god for 3 or 4 months out of the year

See income tax.

Jon

[edit on 1.20.2009 by Voxel]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just had to reply since I've had New Egypt in the 'location' area of my profile for some time now.

There are certainly parallels, I've noticed them. We're still building pyramids for the pharaohs, only the pharaohs are now corporations and the pyramids are wealth. History repeats, but things are always a little different. It's all just archetypes from my perspective, so yes the details are different, but the result is the same. People become slaves to a hierarchy and eventually rebel.

There are also parallels with Rome before it fell which has been pointed out plenty on these forums.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread is being humoured as long as it being.

It belongs in Skunkworks.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Which brings up an interesting question, how much ancient history is actually taught in the US high school curriculum?

Much less than I was taught in the bad old days under the ancient 'whack them with something if they don't shut up and listen to the lecture' system. And my world history books weren't quite as in depth as my parents' (I once compared high school history books... my dad's with my own. At that time, my dad's high school history book was the equivalent of a freshman college text book.) I was in the Army's schools for dependents... not exactly the highest quality schools that America had.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That's interesting Bryd

I have a faint memory of some sorta of world history course but that was probably only a semester or - must look that up. I remember having Hawaiian history and American history but nothing about ancient cultures.

Hey Harte do they have US HS curriculums on line somewhere?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What is it with the "All seeing eye" at the top if the pyramid on the dollar bill that evey one has become so restless about. This DOES NOT mean that our country belongs to the devil.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I can top that..
"I need info on how to become a werewolf"
"Were vampires the descendants of Atlanteans"

Sometimes i really dont know what to think..

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
??????????????
there is only 1 egypt.
the old one.. which exist since times ago...
and
if you dont believe me that.. try to use google earth.

America is the 4th country.. read the bible.. there it stands black on white :-)

really.. weird thread

Nia the panda

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeCT

There is a thread here about vampires being the descendents of Atlantis....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join