It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants 'Bank of US'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Pretty sure this is NWO - mods feel free to move if not ...

Money News

The incoming Obama administration is considering setting up a government-run bank to acquire bad assets clogging the financial system, a person familiar with the Obama team's thinking said on Saturday.

The U.S. Federal Reserve, Treasury and Federal Deposit Insurance Corp have been in talks about ways to ease a banking crisis that is once again deepening -- and a government-run "aggregator bank" is among the options.

I don't like this at all. More consolidated NWO control.

In addition to steps to bolster banks, Obama officials want to aggressively attack the underlying causes of the credit crisis: the sharp downturn in the U.S. housing market and the related deterioration in mortgage-related assets.

He wants to attack the underlying causes of the crisis? That would be HIMSELF and his ACORN buddies. Obama HIMSELF went and sued Citibank under CRA, forcing it to make bad loans.

INFO HERE

Do we really want the guy who helped cause this problem to provide the 'solution'?? Not me. I sure don't.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he's talking about a a national bank that can print it's own money instead of borrowing from the Fed, then that's a decent idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

If he's talking about a a national bank that can print it's own money instead of borrowing from the Fed, then that's a decent idea.

If a national bank could print its own money, how would it differ from the Federal Reserve? It would in essence BE the Fed.... wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amniodarone

It would appear that way at first glance. However, money printed for the US by the US is actually better because the money is not being created OUT OF DEBT.

The FED only prints our money, then demands it back with interest. The money was not theirs to begin with so basically the FED will end up with everything in the end. It is not possible to pay the debt back to the FED without the FED loaning out more of its printed(fake) money. Most Americans do not know that this is how the system works.

Money created by the people for the people (not for the greed of big business or manipulation from foreign bankers) is the only way we can free ourselves from the path of tyranny.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amniodarone

If a national bank could print its own money, how would it differ from the Federal Reserve? It would in essence BE the Fed.... wouldn't it?

At present the FR prints the money and then loans it (at interest) to the govt. So the govt has to pay interest and eventually the principal.

OTOH, it the govt prints it's own money, then there is no further obligation.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The bankers and FED wouldn't allow such a bank. Printing its own money without calculating interest to the government. So the probability of this being a bad thing is quite high.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe this was being set up long before Obama.

And I think it is a darn good idea.

Considering the FR stole the monetary power from the US a long time ago, it is about time it is back.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So why not just disband the fed and get up back to where we were before Wilson sold us out rather than create yet more pointless bloat and government crap?

I love how the only "problem" government tries to fix by actually get rid of it is that pesky Bill of Rights. Every other problem government "fixes" by creating more government.

Obama can suck a fat one.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why doesn't Obama Nationalize all the banks and get it over with because folks that is where we are headed.

Come on give the guy a chance they say he has only been in office one day. OK after all he is a community organizer.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
reply to post by Amniodarone

It would appear that way at first glance. However, money printed for the US by the US is actually better because the money is not being created OUT OF DEBT.

The FED only prints our money, then demands it back with interest. The money was not theirs to begin with so basically the FED will end up with everything in the end. It is not possible to pay the debt back to the FED without the FED loaning out more of its printed(fake) money. Most Americans do not know that this is how the system works.

Money created by the people for the people (not for the greed of big business or manipulation from foreign bankers) is the only way we can free ourselves from the path of tyranny.

Would that be the Amero? Sounds like a clever way to get the people to go along with a transfer of currency without a run on the banks and riots in the streets.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It wouldn't be the only bank. The private banks can still exist and compete with the federal bank, it is just the national bank will still be there with national backing in case something like this ever happens again,and it can back other banks loans.

You will still have a choice between a private and federal bank.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is possibly the only way to eventually ease away from the FR and set in place an entirely gold and silver based monetary system.

What a mess when we back out of the FR, replace it and they stand holding the bag owed to china.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is actually a good idea; that is...if the Bank isn't allowed to get manipulated, the oversight clearer than glass and ensuring no interest would be charged. Once that is setup and ready to go; then they get disband the FED. Personally if the FED were disolved now, all hell would break loose considering how much 'play money' is in circulation. I know I'd be first in line exchanging my FED Notes for U.S. notes.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
This is actually a good idea; that is...if the Bank isn't allowed to get manipulated, the oversight clearer than glass and ensuring no interest would be charged. Once that is setup and ready to go; then they get disband the FED. Personally if the FED were disolved now, all hell would break loose considering how much 'play money' is in circulation. I know I'd be first in line exchanging my FED Notes for U.S. notes.

Remember that old saying "If it sounds too good to be true...". Well lets take a look at the whole picture. You buy a car and you finance it through the US bank, then you buy a house and you finance it through the US bank, you start a business and you finance it through the US bank, do you see where I am going with this?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Two U.S. presidents actually did print money outside of the federal reserve. Abraham Lincoln (to avoid paying interest in funding the civil war) and JFK. The day after JFK was assassinated all of the bank notes that were printed were to be taken out of circulation. Interesting what happened to both of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
do you see where I am going with this?

In Soviet America, US Bank owns you!?

Jon

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Absolutely incredible in my opinion this is a step by step guide on how to ruin a nation. Why not just nationalize all the banks? I believe this is where is the direction of our government where it ownes and controls the banks. Before it is over this is where we are headed our country becoming a mirror image of France. Lets try this and lets try that whoopse that did not work. Now lets try this and that well that did not work. We are an experiment in progress.

There is a shift in the additude and mentality of our Nation, the government will take care of me instead of me taking care of myself and my family. Well in the fifties and sixties we had the series Father Knows Best and I know it is coming folks the new series will be, The Government Knows Best.

On the First T.V. episode of The Government Knows Best, a President is elected on the series and reports the first day to the Whitehouse and says, what is it I am suppose to be doing?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
believe it or not I like this idea. I know people hate government contol and all but look what happens when people do NOT have government control. Then what happens is we have CEOS using 1 million dollars of government money, our money, to redecorate their office. Now how it costs a million dollars to do that I really don't know but if the government controlled this guys position not only would they not be allowed to do that, they would be arrested and actually put in jail for it. Because the system we have right now is greed filled and bogus.

Which one is better?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This may seem like a good idea at the outset, but I have my doubts. As a previous poster mentioned, why create more government bloat? A far simpler expedient would be to simply abolish the Federal Reserve, which should be easy enough since the 16th amendment of 1913 wasn't even properly ratified.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join