It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the snow more sparkly than usual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hi, I live in columbus OH and I noticed that this last snow fall the snow was far more sparkly than I remember. It was weird cuz as the snow was falling me and my girlfriend both commented as to how sparkly it was and neither of us ever remember it being this sparkly.

Then, tonight as I was walking into my house I noticed that even the brown gross snow on the road was just as sparkly as the white powdery snow in my yard.

Why is this? Is there a certain atmospheric condition that has to occur in order for the snow to be so sparkly? Or is this evidence of the government putting stuff in the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yeh, so my girl and I were out and about this evening and commented on how sparkly, fluffy and thick the flakes were. More so than I recall as well.

didn't stick of course, and as expected but was very nice to see.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Snow? What snow? We ain't seen no snow down here. A little ice, maybe, and way to much below 20 degree temps, but no snow!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
well i haven't seen any snow yet. BUT i have seen something very strange from falling rain, and i'm interested to know if anyone else has noticed this yet.
someone i know, leave it at that, ran inside after it started to rain, the white cotton shirt was splattered with droplets, BUT NOT SOAKED, i think this is important. I'll explain. most people when a shirt is splattered with rain droplets will put the shirt directly into the wash, but this time the shirt sat around for two days. when it was pulled out of the hamper, every place that a droplet had hit and now dried on, was a red spot. i thught this could be a kind of mold, or mildew, but under scrutiny, it is not. it just looks like tiny spots of red dye, it doesn't grow in clumps like mold or mildew either, it's just tiny red spots. i wish someone could tell me a little more about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Snow? What is this snow you speak of?

Ah yes, the white stuff, haven't had any of that stick down here this year. I can't help you.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe snow is EXTRA sparkly when its extra cold, as the snowflake forms harder, sharper, faster and more crystalline......so I am betting its SUPER cold where you are when this snow fell.....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I believe snow is EXTRA sparkly when its extra cold

Were you high when you saw this 'sparkly' snow..?

If so, that may explain it....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I've noticed extra-sparkly snow to! It has been cold around here this year (Wisconsin) so I'm sure that's it. Not really a conspiracy!

Looks cool under a full moon after a few puffs

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I live in Louisville, and we had a beautiful sparkly snowfall here today. I was out with a friend, and I made a comment on it. It was just gorgeous, and in the twenties temperature wise. Maybe it was just a pretty snowfall. I know snowfall here in my part of the woods is hit or miss. We tend to get a couple good dumps and thats it. This year the pattern has been not much ground cover but more flurries and pretty snow. I told my friend it looked like movie snow.

top topics

join