It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox reporter: Bush ‘inherited the 9/11 attacks.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

GOLER: This president inherited a budget surplus, but he also inherited what he called “the trifecta of bad times.” There’s the president headed out to Marine One right now. […] He inherited the 9/11 attacks. He inherited the recession and he inherited some tough times on Wall Street.
thinkprogress.org...

Am I the only one who went
when they heard this? 9/11 happened on his watch! The "honeymoon" is usually a 6 month period. After that it is the guys in office fault. 9/11 happened 9 months in. Unless you don't count the vacation time then it happened 2 weeks in to Bush's taking office.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Might as well pop some popcorn and sit back and watch the fireworks. What you are witnessing is the, "It is Clinton's fault for all the mess we are going through" to start to counter act the, "it's all Bush's fault on why Obama can't come through on his promises" spiel that we will undoubtedly have to hear about for a year or more.

Just sit back relax and enjoy the ride your about to hear the most inane excuses ever on why Obama can't preform for the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

What? This is about Fox News saying Bush inherited 9/11 and other things that happened month, or even years, into his administration. What does Obama have to do with this?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It seems everything Bush "inherited" could have been avoided, since many warnings were given beforehand:

- 9/11 WTC attacks
- New Orleans/Katrina
- US Soldiers without proper funding for armor
- Gas prices wildly over priced due to it being unregulated
- Economy going down hill due to idiotic loaning practices (again, unregulated)
- False intell on Iraq's "WMD"
- Iraqis wanting US soldiers out of Iraq
- Private security firms like Blackwater killing civilians (again, unregulated)
- 9/11 rescue teams ending up homeless, sick, or dying because of lack of healthcare funding for them.
- US spy Valerie Plame being revealed to the public
- "Scooter" Libby being the one to blame and Bush does nothing to help with the investigation.
- Osama Bin Ladin escaping US forces' capture many times in a row
- Almost everyone of his staff either quitting, retiring, being replaced, or in jail.
- Torture of prisoners who are not charged with a crime.
- Increase in pollution, due to deregulation on how much pollutants businesses can release in the environment.

And the list goes on an on.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Put two and two together.

Fox was the cheerleader for Bush, and CNN and MSNBC and all those networks were tearing him down every chance they got.

Now CNN, etc are going to be Obama's cheerleader and FOX is going to be tearing Obama down. It isn't exactly secret that several talking heads have already said that it is there job to make Obama's presidency a success.

It's all a big game, good cop bad cop.

Basically Fox is countering the it's all Bush's fault propaganda with it started off with being Clinton's fault propaganda.

When in all honesty Obama isn't going to be able to do 2% of what he wants to do for the simple fact that he is going to have to fight his own party.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Am I the only one who went
when they heard this?

No, you're not.
I laughed out loud, in fact. Bush inherited "torture", too!
Don't forget! Bush inherited Guantanamo and Cheney, too!

Poor Bush, he was such a great president.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Of course Bush is innocent regarding 9/11. That's why he stayed in the classroom during the attacks, to hereby state: "Sorry folks, but I only inherited this."

[edit on 19-1-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Bill Clinton's inaction on previous terrorist actions against the US led directly to 9/11.

The 1st World Trade Center Bombing in 1993, and the bombing of the USS Cole immmediately come to mind.

Clinton did nothing which led to the 9/11 attack. After the 9/11 attack George Bush took action and we have not been attacked since.

The countdown to the next major terrorist attack starts at noon tommorrow.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You mean when Clinton went to bomb OBL and the GOP controlled Congress blocked him? Or do you mean when Bush was given information telling him when and where OBL was going to attack but Bush was to busy playing golf to read it?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

You mean when Clinton went to bomb OBL and the GOP controlled Congress blocked him? Or do you mean when Bush was given information telling him when and where OBL was going to attack but Bush was to busy playing golf to read it?

I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

Clinton's inaction against terrorism against the United States of America led directly to 9/11. Bush's action against the terrorist has kept us safe for 7+ years. How long can B. Hussein Obama keep us safe?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Its got nothing to do with Clinton or Bush the reasons WHY they hate us.

They hate us ' the west ' because we support Israel in EVERYTHING they do. It has nothing to do with who's president or not.

But, while many things LED to 911, and much inaction from clinton is to contribute, there's one painful truth your type never admits to.

That Bush KNEW about the attacks and deliberatley did nothing.

Had any other man been in charge, they would of taken the appropriate steps to stop what all intellegence pointed to occuring.

I believe thats WHY they stole the election and put the idiot Bush in the whitehouse. They needed someone involved with the neocon movement, and someone stupid enough to do as they said.
They told Bush not to proceed with any of the FBI reports stating terrorists were training at flight schools.

Not to order strikes or investigations into Osama declaring jihad, just to sit in that seat reading that book acting all 'presidential'

While inaction on both presidents part mattered, It was Bush waiting and watching that you should be looking at.

Blaming Clinton for 8yrs of Bush is ignorance at its highest.
You should be blaming people for their stupidity instead!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Clinton's inaction against terrorism against the United States of America led directly to 9/11. Bush's action against the terrorist has kept us safe for 7+ years. How long can B. Hussein Obama keep us safe?

Iraqi's are terrorists?
Was that before we bombed the living daylights out of them or after?

Strangley, I dont remember any Americans being killed by Iraqi's before 2003.....

How many thousands or Americans have been killed now, by what George calls
'' terrorists activites ''

How exactly has he kept you safe? when he's managed to get more killed by Iraqi 'terrorists' that were in 911?... especially when he CREATED the Iraqi terrorists.

I think your rather confused.

But your right, Georges Actions did stop terrorist activities occuring on the fatherland,

Because he turned America into the worlds terrorist state

When he bombed another nation for his own political and corporate agender.

Whats the definition of terrorism?

the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious

Yep, Id say he hit the nail on the head there!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Its got nothing to do with Clinton or Bush the reasons WHY they hate us.

But it has everything to do with Bush for the reason we have not been attacked again.

As for as the rest of your post................

"Objection! Your honor, these statements are not based in fact and are clearly hearsay."

Judge: "Objection approved" "Please strike all comments from the record, and any further outbursts like that will be grounds for contempt of court."

(I watched a courtroom drama one time on TV)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bah, your not even worth wasting time on.

As soon as someone fronts your inability to debate you tone off with that

blah blah blah nonsense.

Try debating my post eh!

I took the time to explain where your mistaken, a respectable poster would do the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So, you forget the Anthrax attacks? And a couple small planes being flown in to buildings, and thousands of US troops being killed, reporters being beheaded, America making more enemies now then before? The only attacks he ever stopped weren't attacks. He named a tower in San Fran that didn't exist, and a football stadium in New York, that doesn't exist. Great job! Stopping attacks against buildings that don't exist.
Anyways, why didn't he prevent 9/11? He was told who, what, where, when, why, and how and he went out to play golf. Clinton had an entire division dedicated to getting OBL. He was even criticized by the GOP for being so focused on getting OBL.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Bah, your not even worth wasting time on.

As soon as someone fronts your inability to debate you tone off with that

blah blah blah nonsense.

Try debating my post eh!

I took the time to explain where your mistaken, a respectable poster would do the same.

How can you debate fantasy? If only 10% of the things you said were true Bush would have been impeached. I have always been amazed by Bush detractors thinking he was a genius, and a dunce at the same time. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Where do you get your facts?

Here is a fact for you. And I even provided a source for it....imagine that!

archive.newsmax.com...

At least two offers from the government of Sudan to arrest Osama bin Laden and turn him over to the U.S. were rebuffed by the Clinton administration in February and March of 1996, a period of time when the former president's attention was distracted by his intensifying relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Bush's action against the terrorist has kept us safe for 7+ years.

This is the only thing good that has really happened in Bush's 2 terms. Everything else has been a disaster. You have to know this. Step out of the conservative side for a moment. Look at it. It's a disaster. All of it is a disaster. He's had some nasty natural disasters as well, which he obviously couldn't stop from happening but he handled them poorly.

For anyone to blame one particular person or party for all of our problems though is also ridiculous. Republicans and Democrats have brought us to the problems we have today...and there are lots of them.

And they will continue...because neither Congress nor Obama is willing to make the changes necessary. We will mostly likely continue on the same path of more spending and corruption.

Sorry if i went offtopic.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Also, the topic is kind of about how Fox News says Bush inherited every thing. Ignoring that it all happened months, or years, in to his administration. But this is interesting. You blame Clinton? I didn't know he was in office when Bush got those memos. I didn't know Clinton was in office when the FBI told Bush every he needed to know to stop the attacks. After all Clinton got criticized for for focusing on OBL by the GOP. www.opednews.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

How do you know if you are on a un-biased website?

Maybe if they didn't have this in the upper left hand corner of their site?

Get rid of Bush Contribute $$ Now to John Kerry

Dead give-away there!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join