It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you cancel credit/mortgage debt legally?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have read much information on how you can legally free yourself TOTALLY of your credit card and home mortgage debt. But every site i go to charges you to get that information.

Does anyone have knowledge of this info that I could get a hold of? For free! I have read this e-book that has really inspired me on www.thecrowhouse.com it is titled,

"HOW I CLOBBERED EVERY BUREAUCRATIC
CASH-CONFISCATORY AGENCY KNOWN TO MAN.
A Spiritual Economics Book on $$$ and Remembering Who You Are
by:
Mary Elizabeth Croft"

I believe the true revolution for Americans to take is to stop paying their income tax and credit card and mortgage debt and would like to know if anyone knows any info please!

Mods- I didn't have the slightest clue on where to post this so please move to wherever necessary.

Remember we are human beings, born to enjoy life, not to be slaves to the corruption of debt.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If you find out more please share but I think you either go to jail or have very big friends in high places if you try and stop paying bills. Of course the first thing that happens is you lose your house and your stuff though.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
U2U me your email address and ill send on a document, im living in Ireland, the document is based on english law, my housemate who is a solicitor is modifying it to irish law and is starting a business around it.
It only applies to credit card debt though, i think.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Europe]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

The mortgage I am aware of, but credit card debt is not an asset nor does anything tangible exist to take me to jail for not paying it.

I have paid what I bought ten fold, and still have a large amount of debt, which is the interest. So why should we pay for the interest when we have already paid for the amount of which we bought? And if I am not mistaken charging interest is illegal under the constitution, right?

I am not looking for a way to "skate" out on my responsibilities, just a way to get back what has/is being "stolen" i.e. the money I do not owe!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Thank you, it's been sent.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You do the responsible thing, and pay off the debts that you fairly accrued.
Its this attitude that folks are not responsible for their irresponsible purchases, and living beyond their means, that has gotten us into the current recession.

Personally I have never seen anyone successfully pull off discharging debts without filing bankruptcy, and they just made those rules tougher. If you start trying to play legal games with these folks, your most likely going to end up with judgments against you. Some companies might be able to negotiate a lower interest rate, or even a freeze on your interest, but you have to pay for their services.

Just my $.02...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
let me know what ya think of it man, i actually havnt read it, due to my computer getting aids and having to wipe the drive made me lose my oh so illegal copy of office 2008 or whatever it was called.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
One more thing. If we could agree that "credit" is not credit at all, but "debt" where is it legal to pay for that, and where is it morally sound to except it?

We are human beings, that have the right to enjoy our lives without the worry of finding the next means to free ourselves of this debt, which is a form of slavery, economic slavery.

This may sound a lot like I just watched Zeitgeist Addendum, but I am finding this info EVERYWHERE!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I understand completely, and I am being responsible and paying my debt, but I have already paid the amounts of which I have charged, I just want free of the accrued interest that piles up daily.

I have to tell you, I have never been behind on my debt and have always paid more than what they ask for and am still not catching up. I am not trying to be a dead-beat and get something for free, I just want what is right.

But the Machine that is the banks, killing and inflicting suffering on the masses, needs to be stood up to. What credit that they give us comes from thin air anyway and they actually have no right to even give to us in the first place. So by not paying it, who am I hurting?
The bank teller, the bank manager, my neighbor (they still make their paycheck)? No I am hurting the banking system which has put many innocent people in the streets or the grave.

I have no qualms or guilt by not giving them what they think they deserve. We have millions of starving and dying human beings all over this world that have done nothing to deserve it, and it is caused by the banking systems by profiting by wars, eminent domain, and slavery.

The banks have their hands covered in the blood of innocents everywhere around the world. S in my opinion "to hell with them" they deserve this, not us or the suffering.

[edit on (1/19/09) by gnosis111]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
I have paid what I bought ten fold, and still have a large amount of debt, which is the interest. So why should we pay for the interest when we have already paid for the amount of which we bought? And if I am not mistaken charging interest is illegal under the constitution, right?

You are responsible for that debt because you agreed to the terms when you signed on the dotted line. A company is absolutely allowed to charge you interest for lending you money, they could just as easily be investing that money elsewhere and making interest on it through other means. There is nothing in the Constitution that makes it illegal for someone to charge another person interest on a loan. I'll bet that if you open a saving account and put in a ton of money you'd be wanting that bank to pay up on the interest that they owe you, right? However you feel its ok to short someone out of the interest that you owe them...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
makeing extortion legal does not make it right.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

One more thing. If we could agree that "credit" is not credit at all, but "debt" where is it legal to pay for that, and where is it morally sound to except it?

We are human beings, that have the right to enjoy our lives without the worry of finding the next means to free ourselves of this debt, which is a form of slavery, economic slavery.

This may sound a lot like I just watched Zeitgeist Addendum, but I am finding this info EVERYWHERE!!!

In accounting the term credit denotes a negative amount. When you borrow money the account has a negative balance, thus it is a credit account. The term debit denotes a positive amount, thus a debit account (and debit card) means the account has a positive balance.

It is not slavery. You entered into a contract when you obtained the credit card. The terms of the contract were specified. You agreed to borrow money with interest. No one forced you to sign the contract nor charge more than you had the ability to pay on time. You sold your soul (so to speak). Quit sniveling.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Sorry OP I just don't get your point of view. There is definitely things you could argue against CC company's but that you have already paid your debt is not one of them IMO. You agreed when you got the card you would have interest and you must have know that when you bought stuff.

The angle I wish was taken is how the CC company's can hide and change rates randomly and that can have effects on previous balances. I think that you should be stuck at that rate for each balance owed and any purchases made after a change could get the new rate but not the before balance. I had credit cards that sent me a letter stating that my new percentage had gone from 10%-18%. Lucky for me I just paid that off and cut it up but many people wont have that ability.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

So to your mindset, you only owe a company back the amount you borrowed from them? If they are not going to get a return on the money that you borrowed, then why would they even bother going into that business to begin with as they would never make any money.

I will be the first to admit that credit cards suck, I have been down that path and I paid them all off and closed them down. The only way to stay out of the credit trap is to not get caught up in it to begin with. If I cannot afford something, then typically, I make myself wait until I can afford it. I keep one credit account that is there for dire emergencies, like a vehicle breaking down, which I pay off as rapidly as possible. The longer you stretch out those payments, the more extra money that you are going to have to pay for that item down the road. As George Carlin used to say, “Americans will pay $100 in interest for a $12 piece of crap that they did not need to begin with”...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is not sniveling, it proclaiming whats right. These terms you so speak are a design to steal from us, to create a situation to where they reap and sow from hard earned work. It makes no difference to me what you think is legal and binding.

Yes I just as every American did not do our part by reading the fine print they so make us aware of. But that just serves my point of how like snakes and rats that they are.

The corruption starts there and it should end with us.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think the guys friend in Scotland already posted his ideas on ATS before and they are ones that I would not use in the states or for that matter anywhere. It relied on ducking creditors like you would a subpoena.

You can go to jail for trying to comint fraud against a credit card company also.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
ITS CALLED "SET OFF"
Accepted for value is the specific term i believe....but of course, you have to actually admit that there is value; when we all know that money is artificial, and specifically fiat currency. There is no intrinsic value...period!
SO....just ignore the people who try to use intimidation to collect. If it were true, and lawful, then harassment and force would not be necessary.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I read all these posts on how our government is stealing our money and dispersing it or using it to THEIR own means, and I read all these posts how the banks run our government systems behind the scenes, so why not do what they have done to us our entire lives and steal it right back?

Why not take the Robin Hood method? We have been cheated by both, so why not do some cheating of our own and try to even the playing field?

I understand we have been conditioned to accept the fact that we should work ourselves to death to "earn" our right to live. Well I don't have to EARN my right to live, the policy of society is corrupt and we made that way by accepting things that go against our god-given right.

Give me a break, when I hear "you got into it you have to get out of it". We are cheated daily by the powers that be, and what do we do, we defend them.

link   
I would say that you are well within your reasonable rights to feel the way you do toward credit card companies because the fact is they deliberately load these credit card time bombs with tricks and treachery and deceitful jargon and verbage for the express reason of ripping you off as a consumer.

These companies create the high interest credit card programs for the sole purpose of exploiting and trapping people who are desperate or may have credit issues. I know for a fact that many credit card payment processing departments purposefully manipulate terms, rates and late fees so that you are almost guaranteed to fall victim to excessive late penalties as well as interest rates that jump from 10% to in some cases as high as 36% interest if the payment is received 1 day late.

You pay the interest every month and never make up ground, and although you are making more than the required payment your balance is actually rising every month.

IMO it is criminal, it is a license to steal from hard working people. YES I agree that many people were all too happy to drown themselves with credit card debt and they shoulder much of the blame as well.

But the fact is most people are not aware of how completely the deck is stacked against them. People may be guilty of being ignorant and not understanding the terms and conditions of their agreements, but just because they are unknowledgeable as consumers it doesnt give credit card companies the right to sentence them to a life of servitude and unreasonable interest. It is a form of usury and highly unethical.

My advice.... if you are overwhelmed, file chapter 7 if you qualify. Look online and see what the income guidelines are fopr your particular state.

Within 2-3 years and a little elbow work you could have a very good credit score again and be free of all debts. But don't let anyone shame you or tell you it is wrong to screw credit card companies because they certainly dont mind screwing you.

Fair is fair.

link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Where is the fraud you are speaking of?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join