It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Battleships VS. Aircraft Carriers

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
browha your not smarter than the pentagon who retired the battle ship they knew it was obsolete for 21st century war so they retired the battleship and are now using cruisrs and destroyers they are much better.



[edit on 10-7-2004 by WestPoint23]




posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Since we're name calling, I think WestPoint is one of those "military kids", who are all into the military, wear camo, like guns, think war is glorious, and want to be a marine (or something where you get to "kill alot of bad guys"). I knew one of those guys my JR year in high school. Quite sad really becasue although it was great he had a goal, I wouldn't be surprised if he was rejected from the service. I mean, he didnt really fit the persona or the "look" of a "freedom defending" US soldier, he had that kinda ultra-cliche software programmer look ... pasty whiteness and all. I'm not saying that what you look like WestPoint (how could I know?), but you definitely seem like him. Anyways, as I said before, they (Battleships and Aircraft Carriers) both rely on each other these days.

[edit on 7/9/04 by xenophanes85]



posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
your not smarter than the pentagon who retired the battle ship they knew it was obsolete for 21st century war so they retired


Well, that answers my question. Way to prove my point.

The point of this site is to deny ignorance, not abound in it.

[edit on 9/7/04 by COOL HAND]



posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
some people have a weird idea of what the army is... the UK has the MOD ministry of DEFENCE the western world should not interfer with matters that don't affect it.


Carriers are far better than battleships, carriers have many different functions where as battleships just flatten all they attack


D

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I'v Just the fact there are who nows how many compartments. Plus I've heard that an AIM-54 Phoenix launched off a F-14 Tomcat could hit cruise missles at virtully any alltitude.


Gotta love those Phoenix missiles. They can hit pretty much anything before anyone can see it coming.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So enough name calling please, I don't want this thread locked. What seperates battleships from other ships like cruisers. What keeps a large cruiser from being called a battleship.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
browha your not smarter than the pentagon who retired the battle ship they knew it was obsolete for 21st century war so they retired the battleship and are now using cruisrs and destroyers they are much better.



[edit on 10-7-2004 by WestPoint23]


Actually, sad fact is, I probably am..



posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
So enough name calling please, I don't want this thread locked. What seperates battleships from other ships like cruisers. What keeps a large cruiser from being called a battleship.


Size of the gun
Weight
Amount of armor
I guess in todays world powerplant would also be a option for differentiation/



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join