It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza protesters raid arms factory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Only if they had the courage to do this before their own people where put on the line. That would be a true act for humanity. Maybe one day?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Actually the group is one of the organizations (like ANSWER) formed by Russia to create chaos in western countries to prepare for the eventual rise of Russia to prominence.
The members are merely "useful idots" who know not what they do. They are more to be pitied than respected. They are bereft of knowledge and understanding, have no mental tools to aquire them and have no motivation to get them.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I say throw the book at them, I dont know where all of ye are living but in my country we have this thing called RULE OF LAW not MOB RULE, because thats exactly what it is when someone takes the law into there own hands.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
I say throw the book at them, I dont know where all of ye are living but in my country we have this thing called RULE OF LAW not MOB RULE, because thats exactly what it is when someone takes the law into there own hands.

Wait and you live in Ireland?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Yeah what of it?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Isn't Ireland the same country that has been torn apart for decades by civil war? I actually met Gerry Adams when he was appearing on Larry King. A really nice guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

No Ireland was not torn apart by civil war for decades, a province of great britain called northern ireland had a spot of bother there for a while, not the country of ireland.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

"A spot of bother for a while " - you mean like the spot of bother in the Rwanda and Congo and Gaza?

"a spot of bother" = more than 3000 deaths
"for a while" = 30 years

Hmmm look at me I am starting to speak Irish!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

is this another story being ignored by the news powers that be? Frankly I’ve heard nothing on the mainstream news-propaganda channels!

FFS - it is on the BBC , how much more " mainstream news " can you get ??????????

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
people a WAY over exadurating this places status as an " arms factory " is just a precision enginering plant - that makes aircfaft components - even if they saw the finished product - most people would struggle to identify them as " munition components "

the protesters were not " brave " they were vandals - who actually acheived very little

on monday moring the company will retreive all lost data from thier off site backups / archives - and proceed to subcontract time critical work out to other local engineering firms while thier own machinery is repaired / replaced

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I admire these guys passion, but really peaceful means such as a roadblock, or protest outside or at a shareholders meeting is better, they did commit criminal damage with the windows and computers, maybe if they destroyed the Arms, well that is justifiable.

When quite political and younger, 2 decades ago now, I was so horrified by the blatant ravaging of the Rain Forests in Brazil, where about 100 tress were cut down to get 1 particular redwood, and illegally stolen from the official landowners under the countries law, and international agreements by these companies myself and a group of human and environmental rights groups did something similar.

The wood was being sold as the latest craze then Mahogony on all the toilet seats and bathroom sets in nearly ever major chain store to do with home furnishings.

We had proof that this particular wood only grew in certain areas, had the letters from contacts in the native countries, the photos and agreements to prove it was illegally logged and stolen, and that native South American Indians had died to protect their land, burnt out and shot by the loggers.

A group in S.America had secretly filmed and tracked the wood to the supplier in the UK.

So as this particular countrywide store only used this one supplier for this type of wood, and we could prove where it came from we did the following.

With local Law Students and sympathisers who didn't want to get to involved, as observers with cameras and stuff, a few of us entered the stores, peacefully, free cake al around, removed all the wood, placed a poster their explaining what was happening, Phoned the police and reported Theft from within the store then all left with the wood without paying for it.

Stood outside with info for shoppers, awaited the police, gave them the information and demanded that they take legal action, and prosecute the store manager for handling stolen goods.

It was a very interesting day.

If done properly these things work.

After 32 stores had this happen over a 2 week period they immediately stopped using Mahogany from that source and changed to a certified Indian Run plantation with sustainable management techniques.

The poor police did not know what to do, the security at the store were going crazy demanding we were arrested whilst we did the same about them.

If you are right, and can prove you are taking citizens actions to prevent or stop further crime from happening the judicial system is in a real mess.

We spent some time after some of these actions locked up , but none of the desk sergeants ever charged any of us, as we did not commit any criminal damage, were courteous and respectful.

Interesting enough I know of 6 of the 32 occasions where the "Evidence" of shoplifting was never returned to the stores as the Police agreed, and put it forward to actually investigate the company for their actions. We had proven the company jnew where it came from as courier mail with full presentations had been hitting all the board, signed for by their secretaries and such like for about a month before hand.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I have often thought about liberating the peoples money from Banks in a similar fashion, due to the current banking fiasco, though I think Armed police would be a bit less lenient lol... so this part is just a joke and I do not advise anyone to consider that beyond a line in a fantasy novel, I will accept no proposals to do so, or discuss it with anyone, and I am not conspiring with anyone here or elsewhere to even discuss such an action, all I have done is mention the good plot for a Fantasy Novel I am considering based on separate life experiences

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 18-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I politely suggest they hold their next meeting along the Israeli-Palestinian border, and invite a Hamas rocket to join them.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Homegrown terrorists is all they are. I hope they enjoy life behind bars because that is where they are going. These types of radicals need to be snuffed out in the bud before their violent hatred spreads. Being a terrorist state sympathiser does not give you a free ticket to mahem and destruction of property.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? This is pretty awesome. I wonder what would happen if that were to happen in the US? I believe this is labeled as peaceful because people were not harmed. Had they broken in during their regular hours and shot everyone that worked there then it would be a WHOLE nother story. Kudos to those people, good job.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogley
Are you kidding me? This is pretty awesome. I wonder what would happen if that were to happen in the US? I believe this is labeled as peaceful because people were not harmed. Had they broken in during their regular hours and shot everyone that worked there then it would be a WHOLE nother story. Kudos to those people, good job.

Since when is destruction of property peaceful?

The judge would shake your hand and give you a ribbon I bet, this is laughable.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
reply to post by Europe

"A spot of bother for a while " - you mean like the spot of bother in the Rwanda and Congo and Gaza?

"a spot of bother" = more than 3000 deaths
"for a while" = 30 years

Hmmm look at me I am starting to speak Irish!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

Compareing northern Ireland to rwanda and congo is ridiculous, comparing NI to gaza is still ridiculous as no two struggles are the same. (the only common theme is that stupid people are in charge).

that number equates to 100 people a year, still a lot less than people who die while driving cars, people who die from heart disease, people who die from old age, people who die from there own stupidity.
3000 is not a lot of people over 30 years, maybe if they were all lost in a day then ya id see your point, my point is that the number of deaths versus time is insignificant.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Wow. Some computers got destroyed. They really did a #ton of damage I see. Seriously, your little Eisenhower quote makes you look straight up like a hypocrite. Again, kudos to these people. Obviously it would have been just as easy to run in during normal hours and murder them all as well as destroy computers.

"Since when is destruction of property peaceful?"

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."

Homegrown terrorists? Their violence needs to be snuffed out? Are you insane or just stupid? These people had the courage to act. WHO exactly are they terrorizing? The military? This was a perfect example of action. What exactly is peaceful to you? Is it only ok if people don't take it upon themselves to try and prevent war? They were trying to help prevent a WAR and you call them terrorists... You know what, you've taken enough of my time.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogley
Homegrown terrorists? Their violence needs to be snuffed out? Are you insane or just stupid?

1 - Yes - homegrown violent terrorists and criminals.
2 - The person who understand this is neither insane nor stupid.

These people had the courage to act.

Uh .. no. They had the IGNORANCE to commit criminal behaviors which cost other people around them money. They belong in jail and they should be made to make full financial payback to those that they committed the crimes against.

They broke the law. Anarchy does not rule.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is not ignorant to try and prevent a war. First of all, it is your belief that apparently all rules have to be followed. I only follow 10. Get it? Second of all, no matter what "side" you sit on in all of this, what they did by raiding that place is FAR less of a criminality than the two sides killing each other.

"Uh .. no. They had the IGNORANCE to commit criminal behaviors which cost other people around them money."

And? Money or a human life? Hmm, hard choice there.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

If you only followed the ten commandments then you would already be in jail for driving on whatever side of the road you please, not paying your taxes, not having insurance to drive, no licence to drive, drinking while driving, takeing drugs and all that jazz.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join