It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza protesters raid arms factory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Why? Why would I even drive like that? Why would I take drugs and drink and drive? My body is a temple, I wouldn't for one put it in danger by driving like a retard or two defile it with dangerous drugs. I do however vaporize a certain herb fairly often but I don't view that as wrong at all. It's not dangerous to me and helps prevent certain other things. Jesus followed the 10 commandments, not the law of the land. I pay taxes and I have insurance, haven't always had it, but I know that if I'm in a wreck I'm going to need money for fixing or a new vehicle or whatever. That's the purpose insurance serves for me. (Sorry I know this is all off topic but I suppose I have to answer his question or correct his misconception.) But anything else is just for the simple fact that I don't have the cash to find myself in jail all the time. I don't do whatever I want without a care in the world, I am disciplined and I don't want to put anyone else in danger.

But to get back on topic as to how that applies at all to the situation, I value human life above everything else so this, to me, is extremely courageous and very spot on with what I would like to see in the news. I'm thrilled that they weren't just a crazy radical gang running in with guns in hand. That is violence. You guys seem to have property damage or criminal damage mixed up with violence and terrorism. I'm commending the peaceful prevention of war rather than just .. oh I dunno, shooting a rocket at it. I would be saying the same thing if it were on the other side of the fence. (as in if Israeli supporters did the same thing to a hamas building it would still be a peaceful prevention of war - to me.)

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogley
It is not ignorant to try and prevent a war.

Their actions couldn't prevent a war and if they had even half a brain they'd understand that. But considering that they are STUPID enough to commit multiple felonies ....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I never said they could actually prevent it but I don't see where it hurts to try, which is what they did. They tried. I'm pretty freaking sure they knew that the act wouldn't have a direct impact as in stopping it completely 100%. I don't think it takes much at all to know that... Either way it takes action to have a reaction and they did what they believed was right. I have nothing against that at all and as I've already said, it's much better than shooting rockets at it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It seems that there is a lot of bad history between EDO and the protesters, with injunctions served, police clashes, and an 'unsportsmanlike' use of the SOCPA and Anti-Terrorism legislations by EDO and the 'establishment' toward the protesters.

SmashEDO and the heavy-handed policing of the protesters were documented in Mark Thomas' 'Taking Liberties' (Part 4 @ 1:02 onwards)

What I noticed is that it seems that one bone of contention with the protesters is that it's not just arms factory, as there are plenty of british firms that make ordnance, but that its a US arms factory

It may seem that SmashEDO were just looking for the perfect opportunity to wreak revenge for the example of what you see in the documentary

[edit on 20-1-2009 by citizen smith]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join