It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR campaign: Jesus was Muslim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
imanutter why don’t you look for historical facts for guidance instead of looking "inward" to your fictional imaginary world that you live in, just like mohammed I’m sure you make up history as you like to see it as do the stupid morons that think if you put mohammed’s name on something it makes it muslim
There’s good reason why credible theologians, historians and scholars avoid islam and the koran like the plague, and the statement on the bus fairly well sums it up.

I would love to see these historical FACTS..

Let me guess they all come from the bible right? lol

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
the bible is a rather accurate historical document when determining the emergence and message of Christ, as is the koran to determine the emergence and message of mohummed, if you compare the two you would find vast difference between the two messages, vast difference between the biblical Christ and the koran’s Christ, and one could easily reason upon the effects of either ideology, lets say.. Christian Nations compared to Muslim Nations
compare…
living standards
human rights
personal freedoms
education
ect.

One can judge the quality of the soil by observing the nature of the tree there upon.

im sure the obvious doesn’t have to be stated. But then again if you don’t view the bible as a historical document and you would rather listen to your “inward” knowledge well it’s a bit like arguing with a drunk.
But as im discovering history is increasingly viewed as an art form, in the eyes of the modern beholder, a stone is no longer a stone, its what ever is most PC and non-confrontational non-denominational, as long as its not Christian. man wake up from your individualistic, indulgent, self worship and get a dose of reality
Modern scholarship BS, atheistic theosophy bunk.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

the bible is a rather accurate historical document when determining the emergence and message of Christ, as is the koran to determine the emergence and message of mohummed, if you compare the two you would find vast difference between the two messages, vast difference between the biblical Christ and the koran’s Christ, and one could easily reason upon the effects of either ideology, lets say.. Christian Nations compared to Muslim Nations
compare…
living standards
human rights
personal freedoms
education
ect.

Oh wow that was amusing, sorry man but the superiority of our society is a direct result of scientific development, not religious.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

reminds me of this

What the romans did for us... comical...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

imanutter why don’t you look for historical facts for guidance instead of looking "inward" to your fictional imaginary world that you live in, just like mohammed I’m sure you make up history as you like to see it as do the stupid morons that think if you put mohammed’s name on something it makes it muslim
There’s good reason why credible theologians, historians and scholars avoid islam and the koran like the plague, and the statement on the bus fairly well sums it up.

Historical facts show Jesus wasn't a Christian.
The accepted historical location of Jesus also would mean he would be of darker complection, NOT fair skinned aka white. Have you seen the complection of a Middle Easterner lately?

I'm afraid I don't see what you're getting at in your post? Other than trying to look down upon me for stating facts contrary to your preconceived notions of who/what 'Jesus Christ' was.

I made an appearance in this thread to make a point that bickering back and forth about this ideological crap is worthless. Spiritual maturity comes from within, not from a book. I wasn't supporting one religion over the other. I am supporting the personal search for spiritual clarity. I am sorry you don't understand that. Hopefully one day you will... Obviously you are a die hard Christian, so I think you guys sum it up best saying "Kingdom of Heaven is within us" or something to that effect.... feel free to correct me, I'm not a Christian Scholar by any means.

Hopefully you'll think long and hard about what that statement actually means.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
Historical facts show Jesus wasn't a Christian.

Christian
one who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus; one who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

The American Heritage Dictionary

So how exactly would Jesus be a follower of Jesus? The question is redundant isn't it? The label "Christian" wasn't even invented until after Jesus' death and resurrection.

the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch - Acts 11:26

Was Jesus a Muslim? Look into the Gospel of Mark, written nearly 600 years before Muhammad was every born, and you'll find out by the second chapter that he was Jewish. He had discussion with the Jewish leaders about what was lawful to do on the Sabbath day. Also I think that any of the number of stories about Jesus talking with women not of his family would automatically single him out as non-Muslim. (The woman at the well, the Syrophoenician Woman, the woman washing his feet, the woman who touched his garmet and was healed).

Then of course there's the story of Jesus healing the 12 year old girl in Mark 5 without any mention of him marrying her. Clearly not something Muhammad would have done. (A joke friends, it's just a joke)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Since there never was a walking-on-water, resurrecting-from-the-dead, insta-party-creating winefiend called Jesus, they may as well claim that Thor was a Muslim too.

Honestly, why the hell do we hold any truck with these idiots who claim to have an invisible friend, at all? I wouldn't put up with such nonsense normally, why do I have to put up with it because they put the label "religion" on it?

Get lost you religious idiots. Shut up about it already - I don't know, and neither do you!

Militant Agnosticism is the only true religion.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
insta-party-creating winefiend called Jesus

Yes, that's an excellent point. Would a Muslim turn water into wine? Alchohol is a huge taboo for Muslims. Why would Jesus make wine for a party if he was Muslim.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
insta-party-creating winefiend called Jesus

Yes, that's an excellent point. Would a Muslim turn water into wine? Alchohol is a huge taboo for Muslims. Why would Jesus make wine for a party if he was Muslim.

Wine at parties etc. was a Jewish thing, also others drank wine too, Gentiles.
Jews can still drink wine in moderation, and it is ok.
Jesus was a Jew, and died a Jew too, but according to the bible he was not a God fearing Jew, maybe that has something to do with why he was given over to the Romans and killed.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

actuily there isnt anything in the Quran, about wine and drinks
traditionaly saudis and other Arabs would drink wine,

only reason whine is considerd taboo is because in Islam its forbidden to harm your self and drinking can cause harm, along with smoking and so on.
but some muslims still do that

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

I seriously doubt that a King worshiped himself. Religion is for men, not immortals.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, you guys can argue all you want...

... but in my favorite book, Gandalf reigns supreme!

Seriously though, how much longer are people going to cling to these archaic books that are clearly the word of man.

(You can't write a book with this many inconsistencies unless you're 1: A typical human, and 2: have no clue as to what or where the earth is, the history before it, nor the science involved in the formation of planets and basic chemical reactions.)

I just think it's hilarious when people claim "but this is GOD's word".
... to which I respond "So you're calling your god a moron?"

Either your god is incredibly forgetful, totally forgot that the last 400 billion years of his 'creation' existed... forgot about having created life before humans, forgot that the earth revolves around the sun... literally turned into a babbling retard before giving you that book, riddling it with horrible inconsistencies...

... or the book was simply written by men who hadn't yet learned about the world around them, and so they made it up as they went along.

If you want to believe in a god, fine, be my guest.

But don't try to point to that book and claim it's gods word, it has no more relevance than Harry Potter does on the subject.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You realise, of course, that according to the latest scholarship, Winnie the Pooh was a good Muslim ... see the wonderful parody here:

www.geocities.com...

... I look forward to the CAIR campaign featuring the famous cartoon bear!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Islam: the way of life of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad?

Jesus? Really?

So when he created wine from water...he told them all not to drink it afterwards, then? Or that he allowed pigs, despite the fact that they are prohibited in Islam...frankly, I think Jesus was a very poor Muslim indeed.

Now, onto the Muslim view of the infallability of prophets, then...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join