It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been anything worthwhile on here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nope, nothing to see here - move along -

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Careful dont say the word trolling, they will kick/perma ban you for even considering that we're being heavily trolled these days..
Including this very thread.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I admit, I come to this forum less and less for much of the crap and trolling that takes place here.

However, if you really try
there are some excellent cases being discussed here. Most are older cases - before Youtube, vid cameras, etc came about and have much much meat to them and the presentations are excellent

Dont give up...I havent yet

Some examples (but there are more):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/16/2009 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I tend to view forums such as this the same way that I view streams of data coming in through SETI: it could be one tremendous waste of time, but every now and then you run across some gem that really makes you stop and think, WOW! Maybe...

I've run a paranormal website since 1998, and honestly, the load of crap I receive (and post) has caused me many times to stop and wonder what it is I am really doing and why it is that I am doing it when there are so many other ways out there in which I can spend my time. For money, it is just a sinkhole. For time, it is the same. At work, I'm often the object of ridicule. But for some inexplicable reason, I always go back, post e-mails, review the news, again and again, searching and waiting for the wow signal. The majority of the time, when it is found, there is someone always there to sink the feeling of elation, to make me feel once again like I am nothing but a cosmic accident, and the me which I recognize as me is nothing but a few stirrings between particles that are close to one another, and all authority in the world is ultimately telling me the truth: there is nothing out there--get used to it.

But I keep looking and reading anyway, and people keep posting, and I keep posting, and I think that one day I will run across a wow signal (the Crabwood Crop Circle rings a 'bell'...heh) where the paranormal becomes normal, and people who think that we are made of nothing but particles and are little more than an accident, they will be the ones who are FINALLY wrong instead of the ones who are hoisted up and idolized by the establishment. I wait anxiously for that day, so I will continue relentlessly to review everything I see posted in this forum and others...hoaxes and all. Because if I don't, "They" have won, and I have lost.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The problem with this thread is that is illustrates the sad state of the World. If you want the Discovery Channel, watch the Discovery Channel. While you may feel that some posters are "dead on" while others are "garbage" that's your privelage. But, what you call good reporting, I might call propaganda for the powers that be. I approach ATS and all communicationn activities with one paranoia driven attitude and one alone.All others but I are agent provocateurs. I sift through the "garbage" to find their common thread. While I'm certain your top pick reads are all you've lauded them up to be, you miss the point of ATS.

People are sick of having ideas and news shoved down their throats when they constantly get fed crap that's been watered down, diluted, or just plain fabricated out of thin air. If you want a story reported right, you just have to do it yourself. Sometimes, people just have something to say and just want to be heard. As for your take that what they have to say is garbage, well, they have a voice and they have every right to use it. I am so sick of judgemental bastards who are so lazy as to criticize the efforts of others when they are admittedly of no desire to put forth any efforts of their own. You want to come here and find out closely guarded National Secrets, but you won't read through the fine print to find them. Not that you'd believe the information or understand just what you were seeing when you did. When I was a watch stander for the Special forces as everyone in the Service is required to do, I not only witnessed and logged two UFO's hovering in place over a nearby Military Base--which was a small barracks post with absolutely no aeronautical related functions at all, much less anything worthy of note-- but also I utilized highly classified Telescopic rigged to our Submarine which was powerful enough to see the address and postage stamp on an envelope from 1.5 miles away, that's an understatement BTW, it was better than that, I photographed and filmed them for over 45 minutes. That film was packaged and submitted as ULTRA TOP SECRET ULTRA. It was transferred to the Command Admiral and was never seen again. I shot 45 minutes of high resolution footage, there was a laser- ranging aspect to it whereby I could guage distance by targeting the damn things directly. We may have VTOLS but, I logged these things for over two hours as they slowly entered from the horizon two glowing orange balls. Over Two hours it took them to crawl their ways to hovering over the bases. Maybe they stopped when they saw I had my rifle drawn ready to shoot them out of the air the moment they crossed the water and entered our airspace. Since they just sat there I decided to have the roving watch continue my logs and secure my post while I ran into the vessel's Command Deck and went to work filming with the telescope. I had known dimensions and distances to relate it to. I've seen enough of these photos dismissed because of ranging data. I made sure that wasn't the case with mine. I used the infrared features as well as some other forms of classified imaging technologies. It was not fake. It had no wings. It had distinct cylidrical shapes and generated an orange glow over four times it's overall width. What's more, to approach from the horizon taking over Two hours, hovering in place an additional 45 plus minutes, doesn't strike me as trying to hide. The interesting part, is all the aircraft, helicopters from all the surrounding military bases and commercial services whom I observed and later filmed flying all over the place. Holding to their courses coming and going as if none saw it.
I don't need proof that they are real. I don't mind what people take the trouble to write about on here. But, I never was arrogant or naive enough to believe any proof would ever be found on ATS. This site is heavily monitored. The moment proof was found it be discredited and quite realistically appropriated as soon as possible. I've alawys figured this site was created and maintained just to see what people knew about everything under the sun and would admit to. That way not only could the powers that be see how secure their security really is, but also, to glean whatever nuggets they were not already in possession of. I never trust this or any other site.
You seem to to be a product of the Instant Gratification Society we've all come to know and despise. If it isn't prepackaged and assembled for you, you can't deal with it. Well, if you are looking for a spoon feeding forget it. Dis Informants and professional Instigators, and genuine close minded stupidity are enough to deal with without someone who wouldn't know the truth about UFO's or anything else if the testimony that the Government does have actual and physical recordings and aquired data and readings on craft which a "Q" Ultra Top Secret Ultra Special Forces operative who firsthand documented recorded and nearly shot dropped it into your non- deserving lap. And you'd still demand proof. Well, how about you prove to me that God exists. All a lawyer does is try to tell a better story, it's not even a science. Instead of nit picking things people felt worthy of sharing--and Bless 'em for doing it-- why don't you go review how many people you've wronged or let be wronged in court to protect your precious bar association and State's interest. Lawyer's. Luke was a lawyer, and even his Gospel shows a lawyers ability to show proof, or lack thereof. For all his details he sure forgot to mention the names, dates, and specific locations of these supposed miracles, or the specifics and durations, etc. of how and over what precise period of time they transpired. I can turn water to wine, heal the sick, restore sight to the blind, make the dead walk to if given the right tools, amount of time and knowledge in the fields of science and medicine needed. What with shock paddles and the like, the dead walk the earth all the time, but, I wouldn't call it proof of a divine miracle.

What exactly were you hoping to find, and just what, if anything do you have to contribute. Instant Gratficast's suck a big one.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Has there ever been anything worthwhile on here?

what do you think this is, a fast food ufo information drive thru ?

expecting people to hand you all the answers eh ?

here's your answer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by BornPatriot
Nope, nothing to see here - move along -

thanks and you can go back to sleep now....:shk:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

internos......well said my friend ...well said

Greeneyedleo.....thanks and you know why

[edit on 17-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just skip the questionable threads. This forum is like watching 200 satellite channels at once.

I recommend starting with classic and neoclassic UFO books.

Question everything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join