It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are your beliefs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what are your beliefs and why do you believe in them, i want to know. be in mind that I will never shoot your beliefs down, and any one who as a negative opinion about your beliefs should just leave or politly state their own.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I believe that werewolves do not exist...

I also believe that I believe what I actually claim to believe...sometimes.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe in Yoda.

I think that Princess Leia is hot. (of course in the world of Star Wars not in the world of people ageing)

I also believe that ciggarettes are good for your health, because it's healthy not to be alive. (oxymoron? i think not)

Hmmm, what else do I believe.

Oh yeah, those little green men flying around UFOs doing unimaginable maneuvers that I've witnessed first hand... although they might of just been men in little green men costumes...

I belive that 9/11's idiocy was equivelant to George W. Bush's.(not saying he was the one the came up with the idea to fly planes into buildings)

I believe gatorades are good for you.

I believe..... hmmm..... that staplers are nice, especially red ones.

And DAMN it feels good to be a gangster.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
these are all good beliefs i belive in many things
like i believe that in most cases opinion matters
i believe that if you are there for your friends no matter wht they are there for you i also believe that life is too long but te people who live it are simply brave and when i think of more ill let you know

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe...
-that there is always more than meets the eye.
-that anything is possible(even oxymorons).
-that life is pretty awesome most the time and when it's not it makes you stronger.
-in the perfection of our reality even amidst the chaos.
-in inspiration.
-that truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I believe...
-that there is always more than meets the eye.
-that anything is possible(even oxymorons).
-that life is pretty awesome most the time and when it's not it makes you stronger.
-in the perfection of our reality even amidst the chaos.
-in inspiration.
-that truth is stranger than fiction.

i believe that was the best one ive read so far

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i believe we've advanced enough that the possibility of a utopian-like world is within our grasp.

i also believe the influential power, ignorance, fear, corruption and greed of a few will prevent such advancements before we self destruct.

i believe i'm very cynical and jaded, lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

interesting i believe that if people wouldnt argue that this world would be better

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe in other civilizations in the universe exsist.

I believe in their ability to visit Earth.

I believe that mankind will one day grow up out of its infancy and take its place amongst the universal community.

I believe that in order for the previous belief to become true...there will have to be a major disaster that unites all of mankind as one.

I believe that there is little time left.

I believe that its time for a cup of coffee.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i like that last one especialy the coffe part

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oooh, you've opened the door.

-I believe in logic and it's ability fix and support all truth. I believe in trying to follow the most logical things. I also believe that we are not able to be totally logical or understand truth completely so, if someone isn't or is no longer search for truth or more truth, they have not found it--if you don't question, you will never get answers, especially the right ones.
-I believe that everyone has a story. It's just, not everyone can read.
-I believe in innate human knowledge and acquired logic, so that even in a detailed persuasive written document or speech, that there is no need for explaining your sources; if your logic is true, it will be obvious.
-I believe that you should judge a man by what he tells you of himself, for if he's lying, he's a liar and anything you perceive him as is better than that.
-I believe that everyone can be right.
-I believe the number three is important and shows up in the base of almost all logic. We are three, body, spirit, and mind.
-I believe in efficiency.
-I believe many institutions need to be fixed.
--the government
--the English language, language in general
--church
--the education system
--names and locations
-I believe in trying to fix these. Our founders almost had it right but they didn't finish. The government is supposed to be in three parts, those parts that resemble our three parts, which it is. Two more aspects need to be looked at though when talking about the government, beyond the different branches' purposes; how the officials are voted and how many. The closest relating officials to the public should be most distantly elected, as to not allow for much bias, and visa versa. So. The executive branch (the president and higher law enforcement) should be voted for directly by the people (which does not include going through a third party, aka, the electoral college). The Legislative branch, which is the second most distant branch from the people, should be voted in a representative manner; each town elects their town representative, who then with others elects their county representative, who then with others elects their state representative. The Judicial branch is the closest branch to the people and therefore should be elected by both unbiased means(testing, length of service, and satisfactory repoire) and the executive branch's choice, which then must pass through the state representatives. The Judicial branch should be elected from the top down, the supreme court, electing the state court officials, whom then elect county, and so on. Concerning numbers, I think the president should have more power being the face of the country, directly elected, but one man can not old that much power. We need three presidents. In order of straight votes. Whoever came in first has the most privileges and is the public speaker, the second elected is the chairman to delegate the state representatives, and the third elected is the face of foreign affairs. The infringements of life or rights may not be approved without the mutual consent of all 3. Other things take a majority, and no president may not decline an opinion on important matters. This allows not just one view to guide the country but also the executive branch more power.
-The languages of the world are inefficient and inadequate. We need a new one and a universal one. I myself am working on developing a language to fulfill that need.
-I believe the church of today needs to check itself more closely to the church of the new testament. These might be new times, but there was an example set that is no longer followed.
-High school was created for children with nothing to do because they were no longer allowed to work. It is redundant, both against middle school and college. It should be done away with, replaced with students in college, allowed to mature faster and to be socially forced to become adults. The driving age should be lowered by 2 years.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by simesheef]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightshade93

I believe in the writings of Spinoza, Voltaire, Thomas Paine and Samuel Clemens.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That everyone is here for a reason, and that the decisions we make / lessons we learn will influence the lives after this one.

Whether you are placed into abject squalor or into absolute luxury, different lessons can be learned from each one. Regardless of whether you curse the heavens for how supposedly crap your life is, you chose to learn from it.

There isn't any kind of judgement, but only a judgement of yourself in a sense. You decide where you deserve to go when you're life is over but you are by no means lost forever in fire and torment.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
these are great beliefss especialy lowering the driving age by 2 years

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
-I have never seen something more ridiculous than our worlds locational system. In the US, nearly every town, in every state, shares at least two common street names. City names are repeated across the map. And borders are sketchily made, the remnants of an old world. I believe the locational system should be redone. Towns should be named by their geographical location, by degrees and seconds. States should be named likewise (by names if it's absolutely necessary, that's not that unreasonable). All borders, unless created by water, should be absolutely straight with no exceptions. Creativity is for fiction and poetry, not a system that is supposed to help people get from one place to another. All roads should also be straight but that's not very realistic.
-I believe that "ghosts" and their affects are one of 3 things. Evil spirits ( demons) masquerading as the dead, physical scars in time that have been imprinted by deep emotion or repetition, and/or people's minds, probably while asleep, manipulating energy to appear as a ghost and do things things that ghost typically are thought to do (could also be a disconnected mind from a body).
-I believe in Lycans and Fyrians (real vampires), homo-sapiens with different processes of adrenaline use, and complex history of myths that have been created to explain them.
-I believe that every person has a only two rights, the right of ownership and the right to trade that ownership of something for something else(including money). A man has the right to own his body, items, time and information. When others infringe on those rights, measures may be taken to reestablish the balance. Punishment specific to the infringement should be applied to those who are under proven conviction ( a thief should have his or her right to own items taken away, a liar, his right to private knowlege).
-I believe that something coming from an infinite and eternal being whose form is even to great/complex for us to comprehend or even sense, is more logical than something coming from nothing (0>1, hm. Infinity>1, oooh.) ">"in this circumstance can be taken as "trickles down to". I stand in awe at the faith of an evolutionist.
-I believe that "if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." (Martin Luther King Jr.)
-I believe that (past choices+past circumstance=who I am)+choice=who I'll be.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by simesheef]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe if "WE" can imagine it, than it can also be possible in some form by deception and or interpretation. Other humans, aliens or reptilians may also manipulate our senses in this way. A beast may also be created in some form to decieve us as naturally occurring and or alive when it is not. Truth is not always stranger than fiction if you're not as naive. BS is a way of life for many in many ways. Smile, you're on candid camera.
Welcome to the Truman syndrome.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
those are wonderful beliefs.

i also believe that country music is music for the soul and that when you listen to it closely enough it will describe you in someway.like reba mcentire's "i cant even get the blues." decribes me before i decided that fear is just the absents of courage and with a little help from my friend i learned that you cant stop the things that are meant to happen, but you can still tryand change the enevitable

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I also believe the driving age should be lowered by two years.
line 2.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

I also believe the driving age should be lowered by two years.

That's OK if you are in to population control. If not, that would be a disaster. Already the most frequent cause of death for people age 16-18 is motor vehicle accidents. Like drinking and sex, just becuase you can do it does not mean you shouldl In the threee insttances mentioned, 99.44% of teenagers lack the MATURITY to do any one in a socially responsible way. And maturity comes only with living, one day at a time.

A teenager is getting CLOSE to maturity when he/she can buy his own car and insurance, his/her own booze, and pay the midical bills and chlid support.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't think the accidents are due to lack of maturity, but rather lack of practice. But even if I'm wrong, I still want the age minimum lowered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join