It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any info on this project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
black delta-wing craft called Taranis, this has been the latest claim that this plane caused the damage to the wind turbine.

not heard of it. pics info please.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
black delta-wing craft called Taranis, this has been the latest claim that this plane caused the damage to the wind turbine.

not heard of it. pics info please.

Very first Google link -

www.airforce-technology.com...

www.mod.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
DUH! Thanks richardprice! i some times get carried away when i'm in the depths of ATS for hours at a time and forget to google things, MY bad

That looks one cool UAV, so its in test flight this minute to speak? whats anybody's take on the whole MOD report that this test UAV was to blame for the turbine incident?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Taranis isn't due to start flight testing until next year and even then it will only fly in Australia so the chances of it being the turbine culprit are small. I'd also imagine that if Taranis were to whack into a wind turbine it wouldn't be in the air for too much longer!

I've not heard of any MoD report into the cause of the damaged turbine. Do you have a link? Sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1108973/Unmanned-stealth-bomber-UFO-responsible-destroying-wind-turbine.html -

hope this link works for you.Unmanned stealth bomber could have been UFO responsible for ...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

DUH finaly works!

[edit on 17/1/2009 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If an aircraft, any aircraft, hit that wind turbine, wheres the crash site?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
If an aircraft, any aircraft, hit that wind turbine, wheres the crash site?

Have to agree given the size of the blades that these turbines have it would have taken a fair sized chunk out of any aircraft that it had hit and surely would have left debris all over the place? but given the size and strength of these blades it surely must have been something the size of a small aircraft to have caused this much damage?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Have to agree given the size of the blades that these turbines have it would have taken a fair sized chunk out of any aircraft that it had hit and surely would have left debris all over the place? but given the size and strength of these blades it surely must have been something the size of a small aircraft to have caused this much damage?

The explanation that I have been hearing, that has been pretty much ignored by the media, is that if the blades were locked due to maintenance, but not feathered correctly, this exact sort of thing could happen in a good wind - a blade fails, hits another blade on the way down and causes damage to that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So what do you all make of the claim of the MOD insider who said taranis was doing test flights in the area at the time. why would some one make a statement like this.

it sounds ridiculous that the mod would allow information to be let out about test flights of sensitive secretive crafts in the first place don't you think.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hmmm interesting...

looks like a stealth bomber, nothing like the octopus ufo sighted...

www.daylife.com...

"Ground testing of Taranis is scheduled to begin in early 2009, with the first flight trials due to take place in 2010. "

The timeframe sounds about right if by, "ground testing" they mean wind turbine destroying....

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for that RAZIMUS, i missed that thread, it just don't make any sense any of it IMHO.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
So what do you all make of the claim of the MOD insider who said taranis was doing test flights in the area at the time. why would some one make a statement like this.

it sounds ridiculous that the mod would allow information to be let out about test flights of sensitive secretive crafts in the first place don't you think.

Well, you seem to be falling into the usual trap of accepting anything a paper says as the gospel truth - this was not the 'MOD allowing information out', its an unsubstantiated and unconfirmed 'insider' leaking info to the newspaper.

What steps did the paper take to confirm the informations validity? What steps did the paper take to confirm their sources validity?

The MOD is a huge organisation - did someone just flash an ID card and say 'I'm in charge of top secret projects and I can tell you...'

Hint - the Daily Mail is not a reputable rag.

As to why someone would say something like that - take a look through the Aurora threads here and see what total and utter rubbish the moderators let through on the Anonymous ATS account - why would anyone say that sort of stuff?!

[edit on 18/1/2009 by RichardPrice]

new topics

top topics

join