It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anger and pain of our young....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

They value nothing

I once said this to a friend of mine and she basically told me: what do you expect? They have no struggle. Their lives are nothing compared to what past generations have faced.

I wonder if that is part of the problem, a lot of young people forget to appreciate those who came before them, taking for granted their cushiony lifestyle (in America).

I’ve met a lot of passionate young people who have struggled, but still many of them do not have a regard for those who continue to once they reach their goals- which are usually based on the material.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If one has a good knowledge of history, shouldn't they be able to show empathy to the older genreations and learn from their struggles? I am certainly greatful for the life I have, and I know it's not perfect, but my parents have sacrificed a lot of their time and energy for me and I find myself a better person because of it.

Even if the parents are good, some kids just are not willing or not able to listen. Like another poster said, no one can really be "blamed" for this, it's just the way it is.

Pointing fingers and trying to blame this and that for what you perceive to be a problem is not progress. Progress is always painful and full of mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes usually succed, those who don't usually fail. Simple as that.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join