It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outlawed Books of the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They are given in two of the links in my initial post to this topic under Old and New Testament Apocrypha.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I saw the special-it was excellent. It spent a lot of time discussing "Hell", and the description(s) of what Jesus found, when he went to Hell, to clear it out, so to speak.

It was facinating

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, I know why some are banned, they go against what the church teaches. The church edited/teaches that Mary Magdeline(sp?) was a prostitute. This was added in by the church. In the books banned from the bible, Mary was never a prostitute, but the Jesus's lover and the leader of the 7 female disciples. The church teaches that Jesus was an only child. The books banned by the church tell you that 2-3 of the disciples were the brothers of Jesus. Of course, I am not a chrisitan, so I love to find stuff to use against them. Well, this is not against them, just that I know more about the corruption than they do.

Also, with the dif. versions, I have several bibles. None have the same amount of pages. Even if they the same size and same font, one will still not have the same amount as the other. One is over 50 pages longer than the other, yet same size/font. Yet according to diehard christians, the bible is never edited.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it has nothing to with the outlawed books.

It only has to do with what was included. which text and books did these MEN decide to INCLUDE not exclude everything(much factual, historical, and spiritual knowledge was not INCLUDED and DESTROYED!!!

it is better to look at what text, rhetoric, and literature that came prior to the bible that was excluded than what was included. there are several text that predate the bible,that tell stories in much more detail, that parallel and somewhat support biblical accounts. and i, as do other intellectuals, believe that t he bible is merely a retelling or a modified account of these earlier and preexisting accounts of creation and history.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is the book of Enoch, which is purported to tell of angels going on wild orgys with mortal women, and was hidden in nigeria or something.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I remember reading about this somewhere before, if its true does it mean that Islam and christianity are linked together?? Plus doesn't one of the books mention that Christ wasn't crucified?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well I had always assumed that the link between Islam and Christianity was pretty blatant, with or without the apocrypha. When you say he wasn't crucified do you mean he wasn't killed, or that he wasn't killed on the cross?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He wasn't killed on the cross or even nailed to one.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join