It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Not Black Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I live by Cleveland Ohio. There was conservative talk radio host who said that the Black community is happy now because they finally got a "black" man in to office. But Obama won't be good enough because he is only half black. He is half white too. He went on to say that watch people like Oprah will be on TV and be like. Obama was a first step, but we need a full black man in office.

I know that this sounds completely racist. But technically it is true, he is only half black and half white. Does this make a difference in the accomplishment of being the first black man elected president, or does it lessen it. Does he just become another president now.

What do you guys think.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I know that if in a car next to a white guy he is more likely to get pulled over

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Haha, this is so stupid.
I can't believe people actually spending energy on such issues.

Made a little post about it in BTS: make sure to check out the tune!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

He is 50% white, 15% black, and 35% Arab. With all the problems with terrorism, isn't it a good time to have a POTUS that is Arab, and some say Muslim?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
To be completely honest, it seems like a complete waste of time to even talk about such an issue of being half black, full black, half white or full white. It seems to me that it will only cause problems to arise down the road later on. To me doesn't really make a difference, I just see one person walking into the white house, his skin is always secondary if even taken into account. I think more people should just pay attention to what obama will do rather than how he looks.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LokMessier

I see what you and others are saying. It is pretty dilly and pretty futile looking at it again. Even though I didn't vote for the guy, it wasn't because of skin color. I just think it is amazing in this new millennium that we still hold race as a issue for some people.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Paint him purple with green pokadots and fit him with the best in AI and it would make no difference to me. Maybe he might be a secret pentagon robot made to hypnotize us all with feel good rhetoric and usher in a global police state? But makes no difference if it were a woman either, then we would have politicians of both sexes I wouldn't listen to.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think he's black enough... He's just not Human enough

new topics

top topics

join