It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Complaints Made Against Disney World 'Tigger' -- UPDATE TO STORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ORLANDO, Fla. � Authorities have received 24 more complaints in the week since a Walt Disney World (search) employee was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother while dressed as the character "Tigger."

Michael Chartrand (search), 36, was arrested April 2 and charged with one count of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child between 12 and 15 and one count of simple battery. He was booked at the Orange County Jail on a $2,500 bond.

www.foxnews.com...

"It appears we have 24 folks that feel there may have been something inappropriate and that something happened to them," sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said. "It appears all of our complaints are focusing on Tigger."

We have Disney the king of Amusement Parks, a Secret Mason's Club - Club 33 and now this. Whats next, the secret cities below Disney parks house aliens ?

[edit on 3-8-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hah...might be. We'll probably hear of some alien race from planet Disnia, and they all look like Winnie The Pooh Bear

Seriously though, that is disturbing. I hope the person who is responsible for 'molesting' or whatnot, is brought to justice, and put away for what they deserve.

-wD

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He touched boobs, big deal.

*EDIT: Except for the case with the child. That's wrong and that sucka needs to go down.

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by insite]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Girl testifies Disney's Tigger molested her.

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- A 13-year-old girl testified Monday that a Walt Disney World worker dressed as the beloved character Tigger fondled her breast while she posed for a photo with him and her mother.

"I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say," the girl said during the first day of Michael Chartrand's trial on battery and lewd and lascivious molestation charges.

Earlier Monday, Chartrand, 36, rejected a plea deal that would have spared him prison time if convicted.

www.cnn.com...

Prosecutor William Jay offered Chartrand one year of probation and 50 hours of community service if he accepted the plea agreement for misdemeanor battery. Under the terms, Chartrand also would have been banned from theme parks and required to undergo a psychosexual evaluation.

"He didn't do it," said Jeffrey Kaufman, Chartrand's attorney. "We're going to fight it."

Chartrand now could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

So, guys, how do you think this one will turn out ?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
When I was seven I went to Disneyland, a got into a fight with Winnie the Pooh

He was paying more attention the the other kids, so I went behind him and shoved him. Winnie then kicked out backwards, leaving a big bruise on my arm. I got up and kicked him in the leg and then ran off, hoping my mum and dad hadn't seen me!! As I ran I looked back and saw him shaking his paw at me...

EDIT : as for this case, I don't know. Hard to speculate without being in the courtroom, but if he did do it, particularly repeatedly, then he should get a long sentence.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
When I was seven I went to Disneyland, a got into a fight with Winnie the Pooh

He was paying more attention the the other kids, so I went behind him and shoved him. Winnie then kicked out backwards, leaving a big bruise on my arm. I got up and kicked him in the leg and then ran off, hoping my mum and dad hadn't seen me!! As I ran I looked back and saw him shaking his paw at me...

[edit on 3-8-2004 by muppet]

awww. poor Winnie... you should be ashamed

Just kidding, that's a very funny story

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Extra Extra - Tigger Acquitted!

A Walt Disney World worker who portrayed the character Tigger was acquitted Wednesday of charges he fondled a 13-year-old girl while posing for a photo with the teen and her mother.

CNN

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
oh the irony! a child molester getting a job as a disney character. sort of like a serial killer getting a job as a surgeon. hmm...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Did anyone think that the poor guy was just doing what he was paid for, to be a dopey lovable tiger.
Most gloves in character suits are heavly padded so i don't beleive he was actually trying to cop a feel.

I think it's people with the idea to sue a money giant and forgot about the actual person involved.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yeah, i believe the guy.. how much of a feel are ya gettin through giant orange foam padded paws? Unless he was just doin it for the cheap thrill of knowing he was doing it. Who knows....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I live in Orlando and have followed this case closely. The poor man who was unjustly charged at the outset has been found not guilty, 100% of the jury agreeing. Unfortunately, he and Disney are still at risk because of tort law, guilty or not.

First, the suit is so well padded that no sexual pleasure could have been afforded anyone inside this space-suit like attire.

Secondly, by logic no idiot would allow himself to be photographed molesting a minor, and the location of one of his paws was the basis of the legal maneuver.

Thirdly, anyone who knows anyone who ever suits up in one of these clumsy costumes (which is most people who live in this area) knows that movements are so restricted that it's difficult not to make a mistake with arm and leg movements.

Many other facets of this case clearly indicated to most here in our area that the charge should never have been taken seriously by the authorities or prosecutors at the outset. This matter may cost a local States Attorney (knows as District Attorney in some other states) his job during the next election.

But our legal system is so distorted that the defendant and Disney World remain at risk because now, even after being found innocent, either or both can be sued in civil court, which doesn't require the same burden of proof as does criminal courts. (I'm a retired professor of Economics and Business Law.)

Disney is often sued by money-hungry plaintiffs out for a fast buck. I hope this isn't one of those cases. Even when the plaintiffs lose, lawyers make money and the employees and shareholders of Disney lose.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not to mention your so hot and sweaty in the suit that the last thing your thinking about is that. Mostly you think about getting fresh air and water.

- Was

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Side note: the disneyland death tour

don't ride the "people re-mover."

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
See Codemaster's notes, as I agree wholeheartedly.

Better yet, go rent a similar style costume yourself, put it on, then see if you still think the guy is guilty...

The Jury did, and that's why they ALL aquitted him. The sad part is, this guy lost his fiance', likely his job, not to mention he can STILL face lawsuits, etc. all because of this idiotic and self-centered accuser.

Instead, what this will likely lead to is the discontinued practice of having costumed characters interact with visitors, much to the dismay of children.

As for the Disneyland Death Tour, each incident (or most of them) was caused by the idiocy of the victims...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The sad thing is that places like Disneyland and amusement parks are where pedophiles just love to work! And they have been able to slip through the cracks forever! And Disneyland/world is one of the worst places because they have an inside policy that they try to keep anything that happens inside their fences to be kept there. They have been paying people off for YEARS if something bad happened to them inside those pearly gates. Whether it's that someone is injured or that some perv molests a kid, they want it kept quiet! I've read of instances where they've caught an employee doing something lewd or downright dirty and they just fire that person, don't report him/her to the authorities because they don't want to "tarnish their image." Apply for a job there...what you have to agree to before being hired is incredible. If there's an accident on a ride where someone is beheaded you have to report it to a Disney higher up before you can call 911! And you absolutely cannot talk about what happens there! Their Code of Silence rules are really tough.
You have to love that Tigger's lawyer brought his outfit into court to show that he couldn't have really felt anything in those big paws....give me a break...pervs get their rocks off just THINKING about doing it, so touching a child ANYWHERE, even with huge paws on, gives/gave him a real thrill. So for those parents who shove their kids into the arms of Winnie the Pooh or Tigger, too, think about who might be under that mask.

Aside from that, have a good day all!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
oh the irony! a child molester getting a job as a disney character. sort of like a serial killer getting a job as a surgeon. hmm...

I swear some people go into these jobs just to satisfy there nasty desires. Like some morticians might like dead ppl etc....I say beat the bastard, or better yet stone this SOB until he cant feel pain.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by TACHYON]

new topics

top topics

join